Fryth's manual for the correct understanding and manipulation of the tacus maximus

Re: Fryth's manual for the correct understanding and manipulation of the tacus maximu

Best thread world.

Reactions: Fry
Re: Fryth's manual for the correct understanding and manipulation of the tacus maximu

Would a bean burrito with verudas and no meat still be considered a "taco"?

Was thinking that this guide was not going to be relevant to me, but if you are what you eat, then I'm half taco.

HOTPOCKET GUIDE INC!

I hope this is true 'cause I'll be looking forward to that hotpocket guide ñ_ñ

You forgot to mention the King of the tacos. *Cough Cough* Wink* Wink* (;

Not sure if I'm being too innocent, but not sure what taco you're referring to... o____O

We get the real deal tacos here in Houston from the "roach coaches". Or as you Yankees might call them food trucks. We even have Food Truck Festivals!
Houston Food Truck Fest » May 3rd, 2014

/cheers

Sweetsidney

Haven't heard about taco festivals :O!.. I'll have to go there one day c:
Here in Mexico we have a "taco day" on March 31, but it's not very popular x)

Would a bean burrito with verudas and no meat still be considered a "taco"?
Technically yes, even tho I don't like calling burritos "tacos" x).. it doesn't have to be filled with meat, just wrapped with a tortilla. We even have "tacos de sal" which means a tortilla rolled just with some salt ... sooo... yea x)

^mvp

Thanks! What are the distinctive differences (or similarities) between a "burrito" and a "taco?"

I came expecting perverted cliche joke like my forum name then found some tasty looking mex e khon take ohs

Thank you for this brilliant guide.

I stumbled across this about 15 minutes after I smoked a 2 gram purple haze blunt last night, needless to say, it blew my f*cking mind. (and also set me on the munchies).

+1 for this!

Thanks! What are the distinctive differences (or similarities) between a "burrito" and a "taco?"

Oops, I never saw this D:
Is it too late to reply? x)

Hmm, to me the main difference is the way they are wrapped and what they are made of. Tacos are usually made with corn tortilla, that's the traditional tortilla to use. Burritos, on the other side, are made with flour tortilla.
I don't think the fillings matter much, 'cause as I've said, tacos can be made of different dishes and still be tacos (not per se maybe, but due to the style of eating).
About the way of wrapping, burritos are rolled and tacos -usually- aren't. If I had to compare them to any taco, I'd say "tacos de guisado" are the closest thing to burritos, just probs different tortilla.

Thanks! :)

Because f--- that hard shelled *** of a taco!! GJ [MENTION=18501]Herneith[/MENTION] SHOWING THE TRUE MEXICAN WAY TO PREPARE A DISH!!

Siempre como mis tacos con salsa verde <3

Last edited by a moderator:

very informative

as an englishman my knowledge on tacos is very limited so this guide definitely opened my eyes to a whole new world

Last edited by a moderator:

very informative

as an englishman my knowledge on tacos is very limited so this guide definitely opened my eyes to a brand new world
A whole new world?

Because f--- that hard shelled *** of a taco!! GJ [MENTION=18501]Herneith[/MENTION] SHOWING THE TRUE MEXICAN WAY TO PREPARE A DISH!!

Siempre como mis tacos con salsa verde <3

Yo también, sin salsa no son tacos :p

What do I do when they give me two tortillas, but the second one is just on the bottom of the taco with nothing in it?

Am I supposed to empty half of the taco into the second tortilla and have two tacos?

Is it there as some kind of garnish or decoration, and I'm supposed to leave it alone?

Do I gather it up and eat it along with the rest of the taco like some kind of double-taco?

Plz help.

Better than Wikipedia.

Users who are viewing this thread