Free Alternative to WOW.

Unfortunately, whilst it is technically free to play, it bases itself on a strong freemium model i.e. people who pay real money have immense advantages. You can buy 'gems' for real money, and these can be used to buy new abilities which makes you vastly superior. These abilities can be bought with the in game gold, but it takes hundreds of battles to raise enough for even one ability. It looks like a fun game, but I can only imagine that it isnt ideal on a free to play basis.
~Zaxxo

Unfortunately, whilst it is technically free to play, it bases itself on a strong freemium model i.e. people who pay real money have immense advantages. You can buy 'gems' for real money, and these can be used to buy new abilities which makes you vastly superior. These abilities can be bought with the in game gold, but it takes hundreds of battles to raise enough for even one ability. It looks like a fun game, but I can only imagine that it isnt ideal on a free to play basis.
~Zaxxo

That's a hilariously ironic point of view coming from a F2P. I mean, you play in a bracket rampant with 24's.

nobody else seems to want to play this :(

hit me up on skype or in-game if you wanna play together :)

ingame: Meatx

Playing with the same five or six people gets old fast. Please don't pretend the F2P arena community is flourishing, we all know it's not.
I'm sure warhammer is booming

i mean, sure, its pvp based or whatever etc, but there's no MMO that has gotten it more right than WoW, people are just tired of MMOs in general if they're tired of WoW

I'm sure warhammer is booming

i mean, sure, its pvp based or whatever etc, but there's no MMO that has gotten it more right than WoW, people are just tired of MMOs in general if they're tired of WoW

this isn't warhammer online, it's a new pvp only version of warhammer. this is a game for people who enjoy class based combat, but don't want to spend their lives gridning for gear.

this isn't warhammer online, it's a new pvp only version of warhammer. this is a game for people who enjoy class based combat, but don't want to spend their lives gridning for gear.

ofc not, they'd rather use their wallets coz they suck. also that video did not make me want to play at all
dude gets killed by a hunter class, immediately rezzes as the hunter class. fun.

thing is, the hunter class is pretty bad compared to the others

point being people will just rez to the new op class and not even have to lvl n shizz, apparently. sounds lame

point being people will just rez to the new op class and not even have to lvl n shizz, apparently. sounds lame

nah I just play the goblin now.

a lot of people will roll the 'fotm' class tho, which atm is bax (i.e. blood dk)

*also recruiting for my clan/warband groups*

Last edited by a moderator:
lamer than judging a game you've never played? nah, don't think so.
it appears to be very very lame compared to decent PvP games (ie not WoW)

way too similar to WoW really

but hey if you're looking for a free alternative i guess it's there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread