for those whining about the fishing tourney and calling the hat 'grandfathered'

Now the real question is: Can you still redeem the trinket/ fishing pole if you place second or third...

Ring is BiS for just about everything though isn't it?

What about the Hat? I thought I read about blizz disabling the tourney for a bit?

the tourney is disabled and everyone was screaming "omg, no more tourney or hat! dam blizz"...they're obviously addressing the issue.

imo, the boots are way better than the ring...for no other reason than our travel/porting options are so limited. for horde, it makes the travel time to farm rum much shorter.

Double post but just clearly up something that kale said that confused me kinda. Speckled Tastyfish - Item - World of Warcraft. If you win the STV contest you can choose from the pole trinket ring or boots. If you come in second you can only choose from the ring or boots and if you come in 3rd you get tge +5 fishing chant.

It seems that you could do the STV and the kalu'ak both on same weekend (dont see anything saying you cant) so if your realm population favors the STV you can still win the kalu'ak if you want ring or boots. Kalu'ak also seems to obviously be the only one to give kalu'ak rep so to get thsi you would need to do this contest anyways.

Happy fishing ;)

I assume the reason Blizzard made a second and third prize is because you have to compete with more people because of cross realms? So how are they fixing the issue of realm jumping? Are they disabling crz for Stv or what?

Ring would have been amazing for certain specs during Cata because of the hit. It could still be useful depending on what happens with the Rune of Perfection change, or maybe for dual-wielders.

And its also one of the most clutch RP items in the bracket.

I assume the reason Blizzard made a second and third prize is because you have to compete with more people because of cross realms?
No.

Are they disabling crz for Stv or what?
Yes.. Well maybe just for the fishing contests. They specifically said when addressing the problem that they knew people were doing it ahead of time and turning it in as soon as the event started on your realm so how would allowing 3 ppl to do this instead of 1 help? More then likely will disable CRZ for STV and kalu'ak contests then enable them once the contest is over

Well I read somewhere that cross-realm will be only among servers with same realm time. Problem would be solved this way.

Users who are viewing this thread