Fire Opal / Atalai Gear worth grinding?

Hey folks,

Just wondering if any of you have successfully ground out the Fire Opal neckpiece from the BRD coffers or the Atalai gear from Sunken Temple's Troll minibosses? If you did, how long did it take you?

Even if you haven't, do you think it's reasonable to attempt it, or is it so low that it's not worth bothering. I've seen a few pieces here and there but the vast majority of armories I've seen either haven't tried or don't have it.

P.S. I already have the Vice Grips, so that randomly enchanted gear is out of the way.

Kaanaa

Silver Hand

yes, it is.

Coffer gear - Not worth it.

ST gear - Worth it.

The coffer gear is a lot more rare than the ST gear. I have Atal'Ai or w/e belt, legs, and boots on my paladin. I did approximately 40 total runs. I have two fire opal necklaces, 'of nature resist' and 'of the wolf'. I did approximately 250 runs.

Maybe I just had that bad of luck in BRD.

EDIT :: Also know that the Fire Opal neck isn't the only item in coffers to look for. The Dark Iron rings are badass, too. And are you Vice Grips 11/11 or 11/12? That's the question :)

coming next patch, i will start grinding coffers.

i have 3 plans in mind,

1, clear with a 55 DK, mail keys to rogue alt, give instance to a random, then rogue twink signs on, gets invited, zones in and opens coffers.

2, solo everything with my 49 rogue.

3, 2 man it with my shaman twink buddy, that way, if "of the eagle" drops, it wouldn't go to waste.

Velocemorte said:
I did approximately 250 runs.

i did approximately 150 idol boss solo runs...finally got my bracers. almost leveled from 47 to 48.5 from just killing that boss over and over and over and over. finally ended up with a perfect "of the monkey" and a perfect "of stam".

Fire Opal / Atalai Gear worth grinding?

Yes.

Just wondering if any of you have successfully ground out the Fire Opal neckpiece from the BRD coffers

Yes.

or the Atalai gear from Sunken Temple's Troll minibosses?

Yes.

If you did, how long did it take you?

Long enough.

Even if you haven't, do you think it's reasonable to attempt it

Yes..

Hope this is insightful.

It took me about 50 mini boss runs to get my chest for my shammy.

Took me about 15 runs to get gloves for my priest.

Took me about 10 runs to get my chest for my hunter.

I've done about 50 coffer runs and never even seen a neck drop.

It's twinking though so it's all worth it, gl hf.

asking if the best gear is worth it for a twink is pretty stupid imo. It wouldn't be called "twinking" if you didn't decide to go for the best gear. Just the way i see it since I always go for everything that is BiS for my twinks.

Coffer gear is worth it for those who want perfect tanking/FC gear and for melee DPS gear. For the most part, casters can forgo it unless you really want to perfect your FC set (mages in particular).

ST gear is definitely a must for pretty much everyone, no exceptions there.

@Ugarak

Do you farm Pendulum of Doom too?

There's a line that must be drawn. If my twinks aren't 100% BIS and it would take literally months of grinding a drop to have a shot at it, that's something I can accept. I play WoW for fun, and grinding for months for something like +2 Stamina net gain, for instance, is not worth it to me.

Stop trolling my threads and if you're so confident you have BIS on every twink you have, link their armories. I'm certain I can find a theorycrafting error in at least one of them.

Your posts consistently state a quick decision based on the title, ignoring any previous posts, and provide no support in addition to being outright rude.

If you have nothing to contribute, don't post.

Kaanaa

Silver Hand

P.S. If you ever happen to transfer battlegroups, or we end up on the same one with the 3.2 changes, please let me know who your twinks are so I can camp them. I'll be happy to show you that your +2 Stamina doesn't mean everything.

could do it like us guys on shadowsong intend to.. gather up 4 people and then run them all into coffer room so there's a good chance that most stat combinations aren't wasted.

if you have the time, definetly worth it, the net gain may not be all that high compared to other items, especially not for casters, and then there's [item]Medal of Courage[/item] for melee which serves as a good placeholder/alternative.

fire opal/dark iron stuff is good if you want to balance your stats a bit more around survival, and pretty much best in slot for arms warriors, enhancies and hunters.

About 250 ST runs over 9 months.

Got the healing gloves. Didn't get anything else for my ele set.

Made me want to delete.

Kaanaa said:
Do you farm Pendulum of Doom too?

There's a line that must be drawn. If my twinks aren't 100% BIS and it would take literally months of grinding a drop to have a shot at it, that's something I can accept. I play WoW for fun, and grinding for months for something like +2 Stamina net gain, for instance, is not worth it to me.

Stop trolling my threads and if you're so confident you have BIS on every twink you have, link their armories. I'm certain I can find a theorycrafting error in at least one of them.

Your posts consistently state a quick decision based on the title, ignoring any previous posts, and provide no support in addition to being outright rude.

If you have nothing to contribute, don't post.

Kaanaa

Silver Hand

P.S. If you ever happen to transfer battlegroups, or we end up on the same one with the 3.2 changes, please let me know who your twinks are so I can camp them. I'll be happy to show you that your +2 Stamina doesn't mean everything.

you asked for advice and people gave you advice and you decide to bash those that you don't agree with...so why did you ask for advice in first place?

if you "play wow for fun" and don't care about the difference of "2 stam net gain from one slot", then you already answered your own question, "nope, those gears aren't worth farming."

tweedledum said:
this game doesn't go well with statistics though, sooo...

It can, you can calculate your chance to see an item based on Wowhead droprates. Gives you a ballpark for how many runs you need to do for ST gear. Helps with the frustration :)

Hey big FYI here: dont auto loot the coffers. the rings come in the large bags and those are NOT BoP, you can send them all to your twink. i cant remember if the necks are in the small bags or just in the coffers, but i know your main can open it and if you have some random/friend hold the instance you can go on ur twink and retrieve it.

ST isnt that hard to grind at all with 6 boss per instance with an equal chance to drop the gear. totally worth the effort

BRD gear is for those people who want to be PERFECT. the rings and necks are hot, but you can live with out them considering the effort needed to get them

Users who are viewing this thread