Fire Opal / Atalai Gear worth grinding?

the rings are in the large sack of gems. so just keep on looting those guys (i guess you could peek inside if you have auto loot off or if your inventory is full - cant go to ur bags if there's no room) and sending them to your twink. for the necks you'll have to get help in the form of somebody holding the instance while you log over to your twink and go inside. also bringing friends is nice since they may get one that they can use. i've tried farming for these with the help of an 80 mage and in ~30 coffer funs if only seen an imperfect neck of spirit. so that was lulz.

I've got the monkey neck, so I pretty much know the drill, just never seen one of them rings.

I'll keep an eye out, thanks.

Pelmeni said:
That's a stastical anomaly :/

But not terrible. 2-3% chance to drop shoulders say, then 5-7% chance to drop 'of nature's wrath'.

Of course, I ended up finding equivilant green shoulders, but chest etc. also had no luck with.

I am completely sure my guild has done more BRD coffer runs than any other guild. It is very worth it.

I am only posting because I want to comment that NOT ONE SINGLE TIME did a ring or neck come out of a bag. I would highly advise against doing something that foolish. The coffer's have a short spawn timer from the moment you open them. There is a work around but that is up for you to figure out. If you don't believe me about the bag issue just ask Luxor aka Surbibe. I think he is still out for me.

got my rogue's atal'ai pants in about... 5 runs of the minibosses or so. much easier than grinding LW up for the blackstorm. never farmed the neck.

this is the reason I have fun twinking 39. makes revelosh look like easy mode by comparison

definitely admire the work you guys put in at 49 though props

I'm going to say for the coffers for the ring/neck = maybe. I haven't done it yet but plan to try.

If you are not going for the chest piece, I would say yes to the atalai gear.

I was going for the chest piece, and after running this over 30 times or 180 mini troll bosses, I have seen the plate belt (over 90% of the bear - one was monkey) drop 15 times, the shoulders 7 times, the boots 8 times, the gloves 10 times, and only one chest dropped (of the wolf). I got so sick of seeing the belt of the bear. On one run it actually dropped off of 3 different trolls. I wanted to punch my computer.

As for the chest piece (if you are alliance), it is claimed to have 2% drop rate. It has only dropped .5% for me. Then you have a low chance of getting the one you actually want. So, it could take 100 runs or so to get the one you need. Each run takes me about 10 minutes without looting and 15-18 minutes when looting. This is with a level 80 well geared DK.

If you can get the BoA chest when the patch comes out, it will be better than any version. I think it is even better than the horde honorguard chestpiece. I am just going to wear my of the wolf version or maybe the lich robes until it comes out and then switch to that.

RickRude said:
I would highly advise against doing something that foolish. The coffer's have a short spawn timer from the moment you open them. There is a work around but that is up for you to figure out. If you don't believe me about the bag issue just ask Luxor aka Surbibe. I think he is still out for me.

Is it really foolish to also take the precaution to give the bags to the twink?

RickRude said:
There is a work around but that is up for you to figure out.

Since soo few people even attempt coffer runs, it's unlikely that many people will stumble upon the workaround. Since this is an informational site, you could contribute by stating the workaround or just say nothing about it. Dangling a carrot that may or may not exist doesn't help anyone. Not trying to be a jerk, but that's how it looks.

He's not, he's saying the workaround doesn't work.

The 'trick' is to open and close the coffer that has it while the other person hauls ass there. It's worked for some and failed for others.

I've gotten the Dark Iron ring of the Boar and the Fire Opal of the Monkey x2. Not worth it unless u're going for a stam heavy class like FC.

Alkaholic said:
He's not, he's saying the workaround doesn't work.

The 'trick' is to open and close the coffer that has it while the other person hauls ass there. It's worked for some and failed for others.

I've gotten the Dark Iron ring of the Boar and the Fire Opal of the Monkey x2. Not worth it unless u're going for a stam heavy class like FC.

Always with the correct! I we have had a few Eagle,Monkey Necks. Warfare has a Stam neck. We have a ton of rings. Sadly the rings are not that good at all for just about all dps classes.

Users who are viewing this thread