Ferals in 5.3

Feral has been an under represented overpowered class since cataclysm. The reason for this is you have to do a little more thinking then just mashing a few buttons. If you don't use your combo points correctly all the time, you'll find yourself about 30 seconds behind where you would have been if you didn't mess up.

Feral is nice

Hunters will put ferals back to shame as they did in cata - Alliance that is. Horde hunters apear to be bad.
I wanna see ret come back. GO RET

Im going to assume this is some sort of troll post, but hunters actually have and will continue to have issues against ferals.
Horde hunters have little to no differences from Alliance ones,give or take 2 to 3 topend, but make up for this with fantastic racials.

Feral has been an under represented overpowered class since cataclysm. The reason for this is you have to do a little more thinking then just mashing a few buttons. If you don't use your combo points correctly all the time, you'll find yourself about 30 seconds behind where you would have been if you didn't mess up.

"thinking" ... as feral? Ok, ok... There are some decent players out there, but most people play feral-faceroll, and lets face it... Feral is the easiest class/spec in this bracket to faceroll. You go in balls-deep every time, there is no subtlety or finesse like you have with a rogue, there are no practical disables (roots forces you to drop stealth); EVERYTHING to do with the feral spec is about straight-up overpowering the foe with brute force. You PRAY you can gut the other guy before he guts you.

well go ahead and name some better hunters - i know you might give some silly names

As far as better hunters: Internal@Aerie Peak

Last edited by a moderator:
all of you saying feral takes no skill, i beg to differ, sure there fairly easy to play badly and get okish results but to play to the full capability of the class they are complex and you deffonatly have to know what your doing and the ability of the classes you face.
since when did feral have no survivability? dont make me link my ss again :p 34 kb's and 0 deaths, they have great survivability with roots, travel form and bear form and a hot which is nearly constantly up,
feral is one of the most op under represented classes at 20 and your name will go perfectly because my biggest crit in full glass cannon gear was 3894 in pvp

How the hell does a thread about ferals turn into a hunt vs feral thread... Leave hunts alone for once for peaks sake!!

Ferals have been very strong/OP for along time now (for as long as I have been in this bracket). I would say though that crappy reroll ferals have one of the furthest disparities for any class compared to great ferals and there aren't many great ferals in this bracket so take that into consideration when saying if they are or aren't OP.

Every Bg I go into I dominate, sometimes i go into bgs with 5 hunters, 3/5 of them with boas and they barley reach my DMG and kills> Hunters are easy to play hard to master.

all classes/specs are easy to master at lvl 20, sorry mr. skilled hunter

how can anyone say ferals have bad survivability...

Freeze, oh wait they shapeshifted out of it. Polymorph, oh wait they are in cat/travel form. Druids full stop have the most survivability. they are immune to most CC.
and OP as shit.

How the hell does a thread about ferals turn into a hunt vs feral thread... Leave hunts alone for once for peaks sake!!

Let's look at

Ferals have been very strong/OP for along time now (for as long as I have been in this bracket). I would say though that crappy reroll ferals have one of the furthest disparities for any class compared to great ferals and there aren't many great ferals in this bracket so take that into consideration when saying if they are or aren't OP.

now make it into

Hunters have been very strong/OP for along time now (for as long as I have been in this bracket). I would say though that crappy reroll hunters have one of the furthest disparities for any class compared to great hunters and there aren't many great hunters in this bracket so take that into consideration when saying if they are or aren't OP.

which is pretty much the same.

I don't have anything against you, I don't know you, but I had to do this. Not because ONLY hunters are op, not because nobody QQs about ferals/boomkins/healers/lack of brain in this bracket as much as they QQd about hunters, but because the analogy fit absolutely perfect.

OT: ferals are op and will continue being, but since OP is a hunter I don't see a problem for him rolling one, it's the same cyclopse he always plays.

You are a mage. And if you were arcane u would do better kiting. shapeshifting isnt op becuase the time it takes to do that would put you on a huge set back vs a Hunter or a healing class.

You have no clue. And if you had one u would know that there is no kiting a 25/44% kitty that probably took Wild Charge anyways. Shapeshifting breaks any root or snare, takes 1 gcd and healing with rofljuvenation takes 2 (which is only 2.5 instead of 3seconds as a cat) whereafter you get 200 ticks every 3 seconds for 12 seconds.

Should I go worgen or nelf for feral?

I was thinking how nelf has smeld so I could get 2-3 combo points on an EFC and then run off to smeld making getting combo points easier, as well as moving 5% faster in stealth. Nelf also has slightly higher base agility.

Worgen has a sexy speed boost, also allowing me to run away from most classes. I like the extra crit as well. Does anyone have the numbers for agility, str, and stamina for a naked lv 20 worgen feral and a naked lv 20 nelf feral?

i always prefer the worgen 1% crit and speed boost, but for a full glass cannon feral i use nelf for the extra 7 which means on a bis nelf feral you should have 129 agility unbuffed
(worgan baseline is 32 and nelf is 39)
frankly that 7 agili nealy makes up for the 1% crit but the speed boost just takes it for me

Users who are viewing this thread