Farming The Essence Focuser from Chests

Essence Focuser dropped from a Silverbound Chest in Netherstorm zone Ruins of Enkaat for my Druid Invisäbull. UPDATE: More info on a second drop in new post below.

Last edited:
The Essence Focuser dropped from a Silverbound Chest in Netherstorm area at Manaforge Coruu for Supäcow just this morning. If you haven't noticed yet, NPCs spawn the chest after they have worked for so long. The observant player will notice NPCs walk back and forth from where mana energy is present to an area where a chest spawns. The best time to farm chest for this weapon is in the morning (EST for me) after the chest have had time to increase in power with what is inside as the NPCs continue working and storing energy in the chest. Both times this weapon has dropped I received it first thing in the morning from a chest that had been there for a while. The longer the chest is there the better the drop will be, hence my last two post about looting this weapon.

Last edited:
NPCs spawn the chest after they have worked for so long. The observant player will notice NPCs walk back and forth from where mana energy is present to an area where a chest spawns. The best time to farm chest for this weapon is in the morning (EST for me) after the chest have had time to increase in power with what is inside as the NPCs continue working and storing energy in the chest. Both times this weapon has dropped I received it first thing in the morning from a chest that had been there for a while. The longer the chest is there the better the drop will be, hence my last two post about looting this weapon.

interesting...

The best time to farm chest for this weapon is in the morning (EST for me) after the chest have had time to increase in power with what is inside as the NPCs continue working and storing energy in the chest.

I knew those manaforge coruu eng were up to something.

I've never farmed these chests before. Do they show up on the map, or is there an add on to show locations?

Wowhead.com has maps of every chest's general spawn location by zone https://www.wowhead.com/object=207472/silverbound-treasure-chest
It's always visible from the air and next to a building or tent, inside open air buildings, by other boxes, along fences. Basically, every mob encampment has a treasure chest with their supply crates or close by. I have found encampments with two chest in the area twice as of late. If you don't find a chest at an encampment, double check for an elite that may have spawned instead. Or there may be a chest and an elite as well. I recommend sticking to the Mana Forges and Ruins in the Netherstorm zone. You can also search for chest in war mode on or off, it is a different phase for each mode.

Last edited:
Wowhead.com has maps of every chest's general spawn location by zone https://www.wowhead.com/object=207472/silverbound-treasure-chest
It's always visible from the air and next to a building or tent, inside open air buildings, by other boxes, along fences. Basically, every mob encampment has a treasure chest with their supply crates or close by. I have found encampments with two chest in the area twice as of late. If you don't find a chest at an encampment, double check for an elite that may have spawned instead. Or there may be a chest and an elite as well. I recommend sticking to the Mana Forges and Ruins in the Netherstorm zone. You can also search for chest in war mode on or off, it is a different phase for each mode.
I was on a lvl 20 looking for these chests. But some of them say they require lvl 25. Should I do it on a 25? Or does it matter when I'm needing it to scale down to 20?

I was on a lvl 20 looking for these chests. But some of them say they require lvl 25. Should I do it on a 25? Or does it matter when I'm needing it to scale down to 20?
You need farm focuser level 20, unfortunately there's not option to open thoses chest, just skip to the next one =)

Hello, newly registered to the forum, been lurking for a few years. Tons of valuable information, great community. Played F2P pre-SL for a couple of years: good times! Now gearing up for a Vet account. Looted an Essence Focuser for a lvl20 toon on Zul'jin America. Message me if interested. Cheers.

Taking inspiration from @Wildream 's post in another thread, I've been farming Silverbound Treasure Chests in Outland, and wanted to share my findings. The first time I got an Essence Focuser, it took 50-someodd chests, so I got excited that this may make for an easy farm. Another 310-someodd chests later, I finally got a second Essence Focuser.

Looking at WoWhead's sources for the weapon, note that there are two (out of several) Silverbound Treasure Chests within which the weapon may reside. Even though they share the same name, it seems they have different loot tables as pointed out by a WoWhead commenter. I had nearly given up hope on a second Focuser, so I decided to confine my search to Netherstorm, where I found the first one. Literally two days later, I scored the second one from the exact same chest as the first one, at 56.1 19.9, the northeasternmost chest.

Zangarmarsh has by far the highest prevalence of chests. On a good run, I'll score 4 and have gotten as high as 6. I've only gotten 2 or 3 from any other zone, with a maximum of 2 from Netherstorm.

I compiled the loots below if they're useful for someone's further research. See how some loots appear much more often than others? Some of that is a function of drop rate, but the especially low ones with only 1 or 2 entries tended (but not always) to appear in Netherstorm, further lending credence to the idea that there are different Silverbound Treasure Chest loot tables.

It's entirely possible I just got lucky/unlucky with drop rates and locations and that looting from the same chest location was purely a coincidence. But at least this provides a start for more research if someone feels so inspired. While 360+ treasure chests is a lot, the vast majority of those came from Zangarmarsh, and I'd estimate I looted maybe 50 chests in Netherstorm to get both Essence Focusers.

Full disclosure, about 40% of these loots came from my 39, which I used to fly my 20 around to get the chests (it took my addled brain awhile to realize I could loot the same chest). I don't think that influences the data much, other than being able to get inside the chests that require level 25+.
5x Abyss Walker's Boots
12x Amulet of Unstable Power
6x Amulet of Sanctification
7x Axe of the Legion
2x Band of Dominion
3x Band of Sorrow
7x Blade Dancer's Wristguards
8x Blade of Unquenched Thirst
3x Blade of Trapped Knowledge
4x Bludstone Hammer
6x Boots of the Pathfinder
7x Boots of Savagery
2x Boots of Zealotry
1x Bracers of Unmitigated Larceny
10x Braxxis' Staff of Slumber
6x Breastplate of Blade Turning
9x Chestguard of Illumination
1x Chestguard of the Talon
1x Captain Carver's Persuader
2x Ced's Carver
1x Chestguard of the Talon
7x Cloak of Entropy
3x Cloak of the Craft
1x Corehound Fang Shoulderpads
2x Crown of Endless Knowledge
1x Crystalblade of the Draenei
2x Crystal Pulse Shield
1x Crystalforged War Axe
1x Direwing Legguards
7x Demon Hide Spaulders
1x Doombringer
1x Drakesfire Epaulets
3x Dreamwalker Armor
2x Eaglehorn Long Bow
1x Earthborn Kilt
1x Elekk Hide Leggings
3x Feathermoon Headdress
15x Fist of Reckoning
3x Garrett Family Crest
6x Gauntlets of Purification
4x Gauntlets of the Skullsplitter
7x Girdle of Divine Blessing
2x Girdle of Gale Force
11x Girdle of Siege
1x Girdle of the Howling Berzerker
11x Gloves of Pandemonium
7x Gloves of Piety
3x Headdress of Inner Rage
10x Headdress of the Sleeper
2x Lady Alizabeth's Pendant
1x Leggings of the Shattered Hand
9x Leggings of the Sly
1x Lola's Lifegiving Branch
1x Lord Alexander's Battle Axe
3x Magiskull Cuffs
3x Maiden's Circle
3x Mask of Veiled Death
1x Mass of McGowan
1x Medallian of Grand Marshall Morris
1x Milan's Mastercraft Band
1x Necklace of Trophies
1x Orb of Deception
2x Pathfinder's Band
13x Pendant of Cunning
1x Sandals of Broken Dreams
1x Sapphiron's Scale Boots
2x Scales of the Beast
6x Scarlet Kris
3x Serathil
10x Shield of the Wayward footman
10x Shroud of Frenzy
2x Shroud of Spiritual Purity
2x Spaulders of the Unseen
1x Staff of Divine Infusion
2x Staff of Hale Magefire
2x Stonegrip Gauntlets
12x Storm Lord's Girdle
1x Sword of Zeal
11x The Dreamer's Shoulderpads
2x The Essence Focuser
8x The Gunblade
1x The Master's Treads
1x The Needler
1x The Oathkeeper
1x Torch of Austen
4x Valanos' Longbow
2x Worgen's Ring of Revitalization
2x Windrunner Legguards
2x Wolfrunner Shoes
10x "requires level 25"
Is there an addon you use to find chests?

Users who are viewing this thread