EU+US F2P picture thread

Just a friendly Public Service Announcement to all of my fellow "overachieving" F2Ps...

...reminding you that no matter how hardcore #UltraSoloF2P you think you are, spending "a few extra minutes doing online research" is infinitely preferable to spending goddamn hours dragging your goddamn corpse through an entire goddamn city looking for a goddamn route to some goddamn spore that I wish I'd never goddamn seen on goddamn WowHead.

(Goddamnit.)

Goddamnit.jpg

Just a friendly Public Service Announcement to all of my fellow "overachieving" F2Ps...

...reminding you that no matter how hardcore #UltraSoloF2P you think you are, spending "a few extra minutes doing online research" is infinitely preferable to spending goddamn hours dragging your goddamn corpse through an entire goddamn city looking for a goddamn route to some goddamn spore that I wish I'd never goddamn seen on goddamn WowHead.

(Goddamnit.)

View attachment 11376

Yea that shit doesn't give a pet to us.

Also, you should get the DMF cannon so you don't have to do so much corpse dragging

...you should get the DMF cannon so you don't have to do so much corpse dragging
Oh, I assure you that my "comedy of compounded ineptitude" included multiple cannon launches... :oops:

You have to understand:
  • ...I wasn't quite sure where I was actually going.
  • ...I didn't expect the city to be so densely guarded.
  • ...I had no idea that this single city practically covered an entire mountain.
  • ...I was sufficiently sleep-deprived that I had probably ceased making, um, "quality life-decisions".
...but regardless, I think the real take-away is: "Don't just assume that 'no mention of a level-requirement' means that something 'doesn't have a level-requirement', boys and girls!" ;)

Last edited:
What were you aiming in that mushroom forest ? @Sin'dor
I presume that you're asking what I was personally "aiming for":
I had just finished Explore Talador, during which I had stumbled upon a Teroclaw Hatchling... so as I continued on to Explore Shadowmoon Valley, I checked WoWHead just in case that zone offered something similar (gotta' finish that Petting Zoo!).

Sure enough, the Umbrafen Spore was also simply "sitting there for the taking"...

Not knowing exactly where it was (or what would be required to reach it), I first tried running straight through the "Mushrooms"... and then around the perimeter of them.

Finally, I decided that the only way to do this was to start "from the high ground"... which meant first getting through some little Draenei farm at the base of the mountain.

Since I was coming from the adjacent Horde settlement (consisting of about two tents and a dog), I was definitely not expecting a city the size of Stormwind with ranged Lvl-100 guards every five steps.

...but hey, at least I can proudly say that by the time the sun eventually came up, I had earned a magnificent screenshot of a goddamn level-restriction.

(Goddamnit.)

Oh, I assure you that my "comedy of compounded ineptitude" included multiple cannon launches... :oops:

You have to understand:
  • ...I wasn't quite sure where I was actually going.
  • ...I didn't expect the city to be so densely guarded.
  • ...I had no idea that this single city practically covered an entire mountain.
  • ...I was sufficiently sleep-deprived that I had probably ceased making, um, "quality life-decisions".
...but regardless, I think the real take-away is: "Don't just assume that 'no mention of a level-requirement' means that something 'doesn't have a level-requirement', boys and girls!" ;)

Haha fair. If makes you feel any better, I saw that it had a level requirement and thought "eh, maybe they removed it" and went for it anyway.

Not sure which is worse

Finally, after gathering several hundreds of eggs (and almost as many deaths) i can make my own, albeit very small, contribution to this glorious thread :3
And i got a new mount on top of that :3
Now, off to get the Hearthstone...

Attachments

• Screenshot (35).png
    Screenshot (35).png
    112.4 KB · Views: 256
I've posted not too long ago about my joy to get a rare pet ... but i've now better !
A fishing pole with shadow resistance ! :cool:
It can be used by a lvl20 ! ... not like the Jeweled one which is now covered of dust in the bottom of my bags :)

wGNfxR4.png

Koa9zqt.jpg

Nice pole! Don't have that one yet.

I hope that all of you kind-hearted F2Ps volunteered to do your "civic duty", today!
I may have gotten a little carried-away...

(City invaders make me "angry"... you wouldn't like me when I'm "angry".)

Guard-Duty.jpg

Science Chomp!!!
Science Chomp.jpg

Subject Four is the only mob in the game who does a "Science Chomp" attack. Funnily enough it's a lightning (nature dmg) spell (not a bite).
Anyway it'd be neat if Blizz introduced a goblin allied race, and some kinda Science Chomp could be their special ability :D

upload_2019-4-29_8-26-31.png
View attachment 11403 The nests on Timeless Isles are the only source of coins to obtain Fire-Watcher's Oath if a F2P can get there with some help... it can be yours too! Lasts for 10minutes and has a 10minute CD, so you could be a red Taunka forever!

Hey! Who took down my No Prisoners banner! :eek:
Oh sorry, that was me...

Those mountain peaks just get so darn "chilly"... and back in the Blood Knight academy, we were taught that Alliance banners always make the best "kindling". ;)

"Children's Week" has returned once again... and I decided that things would be a little different this year.

For starters, I wasn't gonna' make my little buddy sprint-around after me like some goddamn road-runner... so I took him "mount shopping":
Shopping.jpg

Mounts.jpg

...and since I'm such a "Big Shot" now, I introduced him to my important friends:
Friends.jpg

Think you've "got what it takes" to improve the lives of the less fortunate? Then go visit your nearest orphanage today! :D

Users who are viewing this thread