F2P Gearing Up Guides!

There have been a lot of individual guides posted this week for various classes, both those that are already represented in this guide and even those that have not been. It's left me feeling like perhaps the community feels it's better to have individualized threads per class rather than one comprehensive guide. Which is fine... I was only ever working on this for the betterment of the community. But if that is the preference (9 distinct threads) then please let me know, so I won't keep working so hard on something that won't get used. However if on the other hand you DO want to see a all-class-inclusive guide like this, then please consider submitting the relevant content from those threads to me for inclusion in this guide. I'm fine either way, I'd just like to put my efforts towards whatever is going to give the community the most benefit.

Ciroe said:
Allright, I am now doing updates!

EDIT: Oh, I'm also looking for feedback from hunters on what they use as their melee weapon, if they don't use the Impaling Harpoon. And please, no trolls about "it doesn't matter what melee weapon a hunter uses lol"... this is intended to be a useful guide for new players so let's keep the hunter argument elsewhere, if at all. I would personally really appreciate that.

First, great post!!!!

I don't use the Impaling Harpoon. I use:

Dissector

and

Keeshan's Dagger

Ciroe said:
There have been a lot of individual guides posted this week for various classes, both those that are already represented in this guide and even those that have not been. It's left me feeling like perhaps the community feels it's better to have individualized threads per class rather than one comprehensive guide. Which is fine... I was only ever working on this for the betterment of the community. But if that is the preference (9 distinct threads) then please let me know, so I won't keep working so hard on something that won't get used. However if on the other hand you DO want to see a all-class-inclusive guide like this, then please consider submitting the relevant content from those threads to me for inclusion in this guide. I'm fine either way, I'd just like to put my efforts towards whatever is going to give the community the most benefit.

In another week I'll have finished moving, and will get to work on f2pwowhelp.com. Any help contributing towards the wiki will be appreciated, and it should be a much better format for guides than forum threads, as anyone with something to add to them can do it.

Yasueh said:
In another week I'll have finished moving, and will get to work on f2pwowhelp.com. Any help contributing towards the wiki will be appreciated, and it should be a much better format for guides than forum threads, as anyone with something to add to them can do it.

Oh yeah. Heard about you talking about that site before. Really looking forward to it!

If you need any basic help, just PM me.

hi there,

i have a f2p-warrior on the european realm blackrock and just wanted to add some stuff to the warrior-section:

- if you are alliance, you should consider either keeshans bow Keeshan's Bow - Item - World of Warcraft (only bow with strength and +hit) or company bravo signet Bravo Company Signet - Item - World of Warcraft

- if you go with the bow, you could grab the skullcrusher Band of the Skull Crusher - Item - World of Warcraft as a ring

- as for your legs, i am pretty sure, that aluwyns legguards are something to consider at least: Aluwyn's Legguards - Item - World of Warcraft

hope that helps!

Holy Paladin

Head: Keeshan's Bandana (A) / Flying Tiger Goggles / Lucky Fishing Hat

Neck: Thick Bronze Necklace / Brilliant Necklace

Shldr: Feline Mantle / Slime-Encrusted Pads

Chest: Breastplate of the Terrible Price

Waist: Ghamoo-Ra's Bind / Earthbound Girdle of the Sorcerer (haste)

Legs: Thaelrid's Greaves(A) / Scales of Aku'mai (H)

Feet: Corpse Rompers

Wrist: Sparkmetal Bracers(A) / Uninsured Bracers(H)

Hands: Serpentis' Gloves / Gold-Flacked Gloves / Serpent Gloves

Back: Tumultuous Cloak of the Sorcerer/Elder

Ring: Seal of Argas

Ring: Garrosh's Pardon (H) / Gloaming Band (A)

Trinket: Rune of Perfection

Trinket: Insignia of the Alliance / Insignia of the Horde

Main Hand: Mace of the Order (A) / Mace of the Sunwalker (H) or Morningstar of the Order (H Bloodelf only)

Off-hand: Shield of the Stockades (A) / Shield of the Barrens (H) / Seedcloud Buckler

Users who are viewing this thread