F2P Endgame!

If you tank with anything other than a tank spec you can't have ANYONE spec'd tank in a group (including cats) or they will always have aggro.

I have queued as Heals before on my paladin for randoms and tanked low instances like WC (mainly to speed things up, otherwise to avoid trying to heal a 500 HP tank). With Righteous Fury on, even as holy, the tank wouldn't pull aggro from me unless they taunted.

This may be because it was LFD random tanks, but still it is possible.

I see that you're ignoring my comment. 3 hunters in hit gear, prot warrior in hit gear, and a hpally and you might have a shot with a very coordinated group

One does not simply walk into SM Armory...

First off ^^ lols.

I see that you're ignoring my comment. 3 hunters in hit gear, prot warrior in hit gear, and a hpally and you might have a shot with a very coordinated group
'

That is a good Idea
<

Since this thread has gotten some interest Ill be making a new topic later this week With raid times hit gear lists and everything else we may need to succeed!

Thanks for all the input and feedback really appreciate it!

I was along for the SM "raid" shift is describing. The hit discussion is a very valid one; hunters use the ranged combat table and therefore do not score glancing bows. I did the damage of two rogues while wearing slightly less hit gear. Any raid at our level requires some very unfun class stacking or it will fail.

The healing was also an issue. We had a well-geared paladin in decent regen gear that was not able to keep up with incoming damage without going oom on the houndmaster fight.

Library is definitely doable with a warrior tank, 2 hunts, and 2 healers; and possibly 1 healer if he and the tank are extremely geared. I think armory is also possible with a 2 healer setup, but I would guess that cathedral is out of the question considering the nature of tanking and healing the double boss.

I liked our raid and would be happy to do more in the future, but do keep in mind that the imbalanced nature of combat rules makes this very much not a community activity.

I have queued as Heals before on my paladin for randoms and tanked low instances like WC (mainly to speed things up, otherwise to avoid trying to heal a 500 HP tank). With Righteous Fury on, even as holy, the tank wouldn't pull aggro from me unless they taunted.

This may be because it was LFD random tanks, but still it is possible.

You had 500% base threat because of Righteous Fury.

You had 500% base threat because of Righteous Fury.

Thats the point,on normal dungeons you can tank as holy and retri tanks to righteous fury.The question is if it would be possible to keep the aggro by just healing (you would be healing a lot since they hit hard)

SM yes will be a little hard without specific classes but its worth a shot.

As far as gnomer IMO all are welcome!
<

Rolling a dranei war tank sometime after we do gnomer a few times

<
thanks again everyone!

I think this could have some real potential with enough people, and a little dedication. I remember reading about lvl 1 twinks who fight world bosses.(like a level 70 doomguard!)

It would be nice to do a little challenging pve rather than get stuck in the pvp honor farm loop. The more of the game we can access as a F2P the better.

I'm in. Better start building a feral tank set.

Gnomer shouldn't be too hard. Soloed the bosses on my hunter. So long as you have someone who can kite if all goes wrong, it shouldnt be a prob.

GL with the effort though, should be fun.

Edit:

I saw a hunter solo a Uldum crocodile.

Probably one of the most boring things I have ever done in this game. The end result was enjoyable, but the 45 minutes to get there....blaaah. x_x

this. if you do it, your tank has to be purely melee and absolutely stack HIT above any other stat.

and take an off-healer.

..debuffs would help too.

Dragon was tanking for us on his pally and didn't have threat problems through righteous fury. I didn't look to see how much hit he had, but it definitely wasn't a max hit set. Based on our experience, I'd lean toward stacking mitigation and avoidance stats and stam, since the damage was rather intense for one healer.

Off heals are definitely a good if slow strategy. Kalrena (know this is misspelled) was forced to use FoL pretty heavily on bosses and large packs, and it seemed like incoming damage was the reason we couldn't get down houndmaster.

Debuffs are definitely a big deal. I was using a tallstrider for thunderclap, which is the reason shift was suggesting a warr tank. Hunters can also bring demo shout with a bear or carrion bird. Fort would be somewhat useful, but damage in vs. damage out seemed more important than burst. Fort could be supplied by a buffbot outside the dungeon in raid slot 6.

What about a tank holy pala? I know its perfectly viable in dungeons of your level (so few miss/parries,etc),but dunno how much aggro does healing generate

I don't think this would work well as a main tank, considering that holy paladins:
  • are short +15% stam
  • use the spell hit table for offensive holy shock
  • don't dodge/block/parry when casting
  • don't benefit from Protector of the Innocent unless healing others

We did have our holy paladin offtank mobs one at a time occasionally, using PotI to self-heal for no extra effort besides pushback. PotI is definitely a lot of free throughput, and there has to be a way to abuse it. I think if Cath is doable at all it'll be with an (earth shielded?) holy paladin offtanking a mob on every pull and possibly Whitemane, healing the tank for PotI while both receive heals from a second healer. We're a long ways away from determining if that is even possible, though.

Kinda fun discussing this though, I hope someone horde-side gets this set up.

You cannot bring a raid into Scarlet Monastery, only 5 people. It's probably the same for gnomer.

I don't remember SM ever being 10 man capable, but Gnomer's still showing a player limit of 10 on Wowpedia.

Also, BFD is 10 mannable, which might be an interesting way to improve the efficiency of our BoE farming runs, to minimise wasted drops by taking more classes along.

Would also be a laugh to try for some speed runs through dungeons.

Thanks for all the info everyone!

Im rolling my tank tonight and going to push too 20 and take the 4 hours or so it takes to get tanks decent gear
<
Then ill start a new topic for the Gnomer "Raid"! Including times and the gear list!

If you already know what kind of gear your going too need please work on getting it!

Thanks again
<
!

What about a tank holy pala? I know its perfectly viable in dungeons of your level (so few miss/parries,etc),but dunno how much aggro does healing generate

Prot pally that just spams HL with RF up should be able to outthreat most DPS. The only issue would be mana replenishment, I don't remember whether or not a judgement has to land to proc it.

That being said, prot pallies get that extra spell hit anyways right? So normal hit gear + that spell hit should mean judgement can hit right?

/agree

Sounds fun! Maybe after you get geared and I beat you in a duel I will participate in this.
<

Users who are viewing this thread