EU+US F2P emotes gone

does the /e have the same limitation as /say in that it isn't heard by anyone too different in level? That's a difference from most emotes like /Nod that I assume anyone nearby can see.

So, let's assume someone is using f2p for a commercial purpose like selling gold. They create an account, perhaps many accounts, and then .... what? The best theory I've heard so far is that they rename a pet to that commercial website. Presumably, they then do a lot of /point from then on. Without access to /point, they will still be seen to have a pet with a lengthy name that amounts to a URL. If this is the "bug" of which Blizzard will not name, wouldn't their problem be with either the /Point emote or even better with the ability for a pet name to look anything like a URL? Maybe they could just make it impossible to use any special characters in a pet name.

/e is indeed working as /s so only actual emotes being seen by all.
As far as i know pet names share rules with player names so cant use things like symbols or .com and such.
Still room for toxic behavior ofc.

The other possible reason would be that 3rd party programs abusing allowed emotes to send trade chat msg.

Guess 10$ is a fortune somewhere in Albania.

Was an old blue post about starter restrictions.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/6079608672#post-6

Kinda sorta looks like emotes are back. At least the error message has stopped. Are the emotes being seen? I did a /salute at a player in a BG and got one back. So.... maybe good news? Or am I missing something?

We played around with them while farming the rare ogre. Seems as though we've been given the animations back. We can dance, salute, wave etc and people will see our character move. However, they won't see the "so and so hugs you" message.

Has anyone seen a Blizzard post that actually explains their intent?

If its really just about squelching "complex F2P communication", then this quite a half-assed solution.

I'd /mourn their competence, but now they wouldn't even see it. :(

ZE EMOTES!~ THEY DO NOTHING!

XS5LK.gif

(Also: Was Radioactive Man really 23 years ago? Excuse me, but I've got to yell at some clouds...)
I didn't realize it was that old. >.<;

Users who are viewing this thread