@F2P -- All Races Available in Patch 5.0.4 -- Does Not Matter Your Expansion Level!

Myrm

Legend
I've seen some confusion about when pandaren character creation will be accessible.

Just to be clear on the announcement, we're making it possible for people to create a character of any race, regardless of what expansions you've purchased. So if you only have the original game (which now has The Burning Crusade included), when patch 5.0.4 hits you'll be able to create goblin and worgen characters as well. And, once Mists of Pandaria is released, you'll be able to create pandaren characters, regardless of whether or not you own Mists of Pandaria.

So it says all races, what about though all classes? Just because Pandaren become available for play regardless if you have MoP or not, does this include the new monk class?
No, you'll need to upgrade your World of Warcraft license to Mists of Pandaria in order to unlock the monk class. The same is true for leveling from 85-90 and gaining access to the continent of Pandaria.

Source :: All Races Available in Patch 5.0.4 - MMO-Champion BlueTracker

I have personally confirmed with a connection at Blizzard that F2P (trial accounts) will be able to create any race with a trial account. Goblin, Worgens, and Pandaren are all fair game for F2P players now. This could make for some very interesting developments within the F2P bracket in terms of the new racials being available.

Do you think this could affect the gameplay and/or popularity of the F2P bracket?

Re: @F2P -- All Races Available in Patch 5.0.4 -- Does Not Matter Your Expansion Leve

E p i c

Re: @F2P -- All Races Available in Patch 5.0.4 -- Does Not Matter Your Expansion Leve

Reported for being an @thread.

(Just kidding)

Looks like it'll definitely breathe some new life and versatility in the bracket, something which is already restricted. With the upcoming release of even more BoA's (which 24's can access and not F2P's), this may be a nice little reward to compensate for the increment in the gap between F2P and 24 gearing.

Would they allow us to free race change ? :(

yes, its going to increase the popularity in the bracket. also, it's going to balance Q times.

With this news I would like to announce my return to f2p.

yes i think this will boost the F2P program and should cause more to try it and old accounts to come back

as for the paid side, i like it since my account is BC and have options to reroll or paid race changes

Prepare to see lots of goblins around :D
Also warriors ¬¬

Hi Mialu! :)

cheers

Sad to say I'll be on the Pandaren Bandwagon, remaking my warrior into one. Sad, but Im not ashamed to say I already knew I would change from Human(and Undead) to Pandaren. Food based Racials actually make the profession worth while. And I'll take any edge I can get.

For F2P this might sounds awsome but for p2p they kinda did it again. Taking away an uniqueness part of the expansion you bought, This will never stop, the game is getting more and more stupid and things that made this game unique get removed.. No real love for the long term players.

Last edited by a moderator:

For F2P this might sounds awsome but for p2p they kinda did it again. Taking away an uniqueness part of the expansion you bought, This will never stop, the game is getting more and more stupid and things that made this game unique get removed.. No real love for the long term players.

Soooooo...... Just because someone plays longer they are entitled to stuff? Get real. I swear, all people do is complain about everything blizzard does -mumble,mumble-

Well before the whole point of expacks were to raise level cap and eithe introduce new race or a new class...

Well before the whole point of expacks were to raise level cap and eithe introduce new race or a new class...

Oh yeah nevermind the entire new continents/dungeons/raids/factions/vanity rewards.

the food buff now states basicly that it applies to foods that put you in "well feed" status. so as of now rumsey rum will not give a player 300hp as many thought.. well feed will only help players 20+ cause they can eat 8 stam foods that will give them 1 more stam than rumsey rum

at levels like 55+ this buff is huge from BC, WOTLK...etc type foods. like if you eat the WOTLK fish that gives 40 agi...for a panda that will be 80agi, like having 2 extra gems at level 70.

panda 4 sec sleep racial is nice, along with the 50% fall damage reduction. even in WSG's that will help when players at times have to jump from roof down and lose less HP in fall damage

rogue wise, the ones that will probably still play (few imo) will either have to go worgen/sprint or goblin/jump.

unless BE get something else, see many hunters on horde side going goblin. alliance wise the worgen move has been rather huge

my account is BC, i have paid for nothing past it...obviously, but i see this as free options given to me like having a panda/worg/gob on a BC account

2 races i couldn't access from 2nd xpac past BC

1 race i thought for sure i would never play from incoming xpac (3rd past BC) and a area to check out and do some quests in.

players i have mostly heard upset about it are players who have paid for every xpac, including MOP and don't like the races being given to players...well...like me and other twinks who never xpac'd past basic WOW

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread