F2P Aerie Peak 3v3 Arena Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey can you guys maybe make another thread for people to put together teams? i am not trying to be mean, it would just be a lot easier to keep everything organized that way. that way people can find others who are interested in playing and discuss team setups etc

What about class limitation per side? I don't want to see 3 Rogues raping around.

no class limitation other than 1 hunter per team. you're welcome to run 3x rogue if you think it will be successful

no class limitation other than 1 hunter per team. you're welcome to run 3x rogue if you think it will be successful

I don't think any other team except 3 Hpals will be able to win against that... 2 saps and 3x Ambush openers and Shadowmeld restealth as NE is just going to take everything out.

I think two holy priests and a disc could counter those with fear bombs and dots!

Point is they will just Sap all 3. Nobody knows who will be targeted. They'll open up on 1 target, with shield or without, he'll be dead instant. Trinkets wouldn't matter since they'll just get resapped. After, its just 2v3 while they just try to get a restealth or just pressure one target at a time down, while one keeps the other busy. 3 Paladins would stand a chance because of the higher armor & BoP.

i have a rogue at 20. 3 rogues would be strong against some teams, weak against others. i see no reason to ban it. if you think it is so powerful, run that comp yourself. if anything would need to be banned, it would be shadowmeld, because it's so stupidly OP at this level for rogues that it's not fair to rogues who are races other than night elf

i am also going to disallow resist gear, for reasons that should be obvious. that means no resist rings, no keeshan's bandana, etc. i edited the OP to clarify this

i have a rogue at 20. 3 rogues would be strong against some teams, weak against others. i see no reason to ban it. if you think it is so powerful, run that comp yourself. if anything would need to be banned, it would be shadowmeld, because it's so stupidly OP at this level for rogues that it's not fair to rogues who are races other than night elf

i am also going to disallow resist gear, for reasons that should be obvious. that means no resist rings, no keeshan's bandana, etc. i edited the OP to clarify this

Why dont you just ban resistance racials too then.. oh wait..

If somebody chooses to take 18 fire and arcane resist over 15 stam or 11 stam 8 agi 7 hit whatever it is, then thats on them. I dont think banning resist items is very practical because if they are stacking any kind of resist they are losing out on another stat like stam, and if your entire comp is based off one school of magic, then you must be doing something wrong

Why dont you just ban resistance racials too then.. oh wait..

If somebody chooses to take 18 fire and arcane resist over 15 stam or 11 stam 8 agi 7 hit whatever it is, then thats on them. I dont think banning resist items is very practical because if they are stacking any kind of resist they are losing out on another stat like stam, and if your entire comp is based off one school of magic, then you must be doing something wrong

this argument would almost hold water if 50% of the players participating in this had access to 11 stam 8 agi and 7 hit, not to mention keeshan's. believe me, i considered banning eyepatch too, but i thought that the crying would be too intense (plus i'm sure that half the eyepatchers have been too lazy to even do the fishing dailies, much less STV fish)

i've always banned resist gear ever since i started doing twink arena tournaments. it's lame, it's overpowered, it's broken. it would have been in the OP if i remembered it. haven't done one of these in a while....

this argument would almost hold water if 50% of the players participating in this had access to 11 stam 8 agi and 7 hit, not to mention keeshan's. believe me, i considered banning eyepatch too, but i thought that the crying would be too intense (plus i'm sure that half the eyepatchers have been too lazy to even do the fishing dailies, much less STV fish)

i've always banned resist gear ever since i started doing twink arena tournaments. it's lame, it's overpowered, it's broken. it would have been in the OP if i remembered it. haven't done one of these in a while....

Well. I still think its retarded, but i wasnt planning on playing with that gear anyways... Its just like me saying you have to be an orc mage, so you get no resistance, like that makes no sense, i mean if i were to use keeshans i would be giving up 15 stam, so that+ me w/ no AGM puts me at like 1170 hp or something like that (cant remember for sure) so its like, i could get globalled by a class that didnt use arcane or fire damage... idk your tourney your rules!

Edit: If you were to ban they eye patch, then you would probably need to ban ALL faction specific gear, as there is gear on horde side that i myself might find some value in, along with the fact that there is ello's etc etc

right, but you'd only be using resist gear against teams against which it gives you an advantage, so there isn't actually a stat trade-off like you're saying. that's why stacking resist at twink levels for arena is broken - you're getting all of the good with none of the bad. if this was a random queue ladder system, such as blizzard's arena system, then it would make sense to allow resist stacking, since you don't know who your opponents are going to be.

it's not at all the same thing as inherent racial resists (which i agree are stupid and overpowered too). we can control resist stacking on gear. we can't control our racials, unfortunately.

I don't want to play Budson + Sha + Earl. Can we ban that? I've died enough times to that in BG's.

ok, i am going to schedule this for saturday, november 19th, starting at noon (12 pm) PST (UTC +8). this means that it will be starting at 3pm on saturday for players who live on the U.S. east coast, and 8pm on saturday for players who live in the middle of europe. please correct me if i'm wrong

i need to know if this works for you guys. i'm doing it on saturday instead of sunday because i'm concerned that 8pm might be getting late for europeans on sunday. i can't start it any sooner than noon PST, because i don't really trust people to be ready any earlier than that, and it leaves a little time for last-minute changes. if we wait any longer than that weekend to do it, we run the risk of the patch hitting, and the 15% damage increase to explosive shot is going to make hunters pretty out of control

if you really want to play in this tournament, and that date/time does not work for you (as in you really can't make it, not that you don't want to do it at that time), please let me know, and let me know asap. if enough people can't make it then, we can change it, but i'd like to do so sooner rather than later.

i'm going to set the deadline to enter teams as wednesday november 16th. let me know your teams as soon as you can, so we can gauge how much interest we have for this. if we don't get enough teams, we can't have a tournament. talk to other people about making a team and get it figured out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread