European F2P Players @ US - Quick help.

Did you try changing your zone when you added a US trial to your EU account?

Hey, I'm having a bit of trouble switching between EU and US accounts. When I changed my realmlist to log onto the US servers, the game downloaded a 1.2gb patch, so I thought "fair enough" since it was my first time logging on across the pond. However, this was a bit of an inconvenience since I live in the highlands of scotland and the fastest internet i can get is 380kbs... Anyway, I left it to download, came back later and made my toon, then one of my guildies on EU shouted on me to come group with them. So I changed my realmlist back to EU, and it began to download a 1.5gb patch.... I couldn't be bothered waiting the hour or so that it was gonna take to download this so I apologised to my mate on msn saying I couldn't come, and stopped the download pretty much straight away. I swiftly switched back to the US realmlist, and it began to download a 1.1gb patch...

Is anyone else having this problem where the game just wants to patch every time you switch realmlists?

I've never switched my realmlist before so I do apologise if this is a stupid question and is to be expected.

Cheers, Baldi

Does your realm list have the :1119 or whatever after the set realm list?

Some users from EU are sparing the 10GB and having two separate installs for easy switching. Don't even need to switch realmlists at that point.

Balditron said:
Hey, I'm having a bit of trouble switching between EU and US accounts. When I changed my realmlist to log onto the US servers, the game downloaded a 1.2gb patch, so I thought "fair enough" since it was my first time logging on across the pond. However, this was a bit of an inconvenience since I live in the highlands of scotland and the fastest internet i can get is 380kbs... Anyway, I left it to download, came back later and made my toon, then one of my guildies on EU shouted on me to come group with them. So I changed my realmlist back to EU, and it began to download a 1.5gb patch.... I couldn't be bothered waiting the hour or so that it was gonna take to download this so I apologised to my mate on msn saying I couldn't come, and stopped the download pretty much straight away. I swiftly switched back to the US realmlist, and it began to download a 1.1gb patch...

Is anyone else having this problem where the game just wants to patch every time you switch realmlists?

I've never switched my realmlist before so I do apologise if this is a stupid question and is to be expected.

Cheers, Baldi

You should try to manually open up Wow.exe in your wow folder, I used to have this problem when I was going between retail and private servers.

Hiidden said:
Cause we want more activity on ONE server so we can do big events and wargames, this is more fun for everyone.

This, scattering twinks all over the place is not that smart.

Hi everybody,

i would like to join the F2P community. I come from germany and just trying the new bracket on an EU-Server (Draenor).

But i would like to join Aerie Peak US. Account is made. Connection good.

So i have a question concerning the bg times. Because in germany we are 9 hours before pacific time. Normally i play

around 20.00-24.00 CET which means 11 am - 3 pm pacific time. Is there something going on at this time??

Btw. i will join horde. Which of the following would you advise me:

1) Enhancer

2) Fury Warrior

3) Prot Pala

Best regards,

Tobinofear

Tobinofear said:
Hi everybody,

i would like to join the F2P community. I come from germany and just trying the new bracket on an EU-Server (Draenor).

But i would like to join Aerie Peak US. Account is made. Connection good.

So i have a question concerning the bg times. Because in germany we are 9 hours before pacific time. Normally i play

around 20.00-24.00 CET which means 11 am - 3 pm pacific time. Is there something going on at this time??

Btw. i will join horde. Which of the following would you advise me:

1) Enhancer

2) Fury Warrior

3) Prot Pala

Best regards,

Tobinofear

Evening. There's BGs up at all hours - when EUs play it's just a 15 min queue instead of 10 minutes.

Best regards,

how's the lag for EU players, can anyone report?

I'm thinking of rolling priest to heal, should I switch to a hybrid class to heal in this bracket?

Lindenkron, did you once have a 19 paladin on bloodfeather in Do You Feel Lucky? named jaxel?

how's the lag for EU players, can anyone report?

I'm thinking of rolling priest to heal, should I switch to a hybrid class to heal in this bracket?

I have around 300-400 ms, way too much for me to enjoy playing

EU has 1-5min wait for Horde, 5-15min for Alliance

its great to have a community on one server, but the downside its getting the AGM geos from already a pain in the ass to impossible

just made a lock on AP ill post my link when im ready his name is vénus hit me up

edit : nvm cant play like this with all the lag
<

Users who are viewing this thread