Enhance BiS

Im building a 39 enhance and trying to compile some of the old things I have dug up and gone off of some of the rogue guides and such but just would like some verification. I do have boa access.

Draeni

Head-Stained Shadowcraft Cap

Neck-Chain of Emeriss

Shoulder-Revelosh Spaulders of the Monkey (9agi/8stam)

Back-Inherited Cape of the Black Baron (Stealth)

Chest-Champion's Deathdealer Breastplate (+4 stats)

Wrist-Branded Leather Bracers (12 stam)

Hands-Revelosh Gloves of the Monkey (9agi/8stam) (15agi)

Waist-Ogron's Sash

Legs-Oilskin Leggings (36 armor)

Feet-Albino Crocscale Boots (Surefooted)

Ring1-Tumultuous Ring of the Bandit

Ring2-Aquamarine Signet of the Monkey (8agi/7stam)

Trinket1-Heart of Noxxion

Trinket2-Heart of Noxxion

Weapon1-Dire Maul (Mongoose)

Weapon2-Discipline Rod (Mongoose)

I have Mining and Skinning.

3158 health to be safe.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Sorry I couldnt get my chardev link btw. Tried =\

The 39 twink community has agreed that you should have at least 3,000 health with rum. You sacrafice health in order to increase dps. A lot of people say that enhancement shamans lack survival but when WF Procs it hits like a truck. So a lot of people don't really "need" the extra DPS so they rather run around with almost 4k hp buffed than hit for an extra 300 dmg.

It's up to you, no one will look down on you for using BoA Shoulders but IMO Revelosh Shoulders of the Monkey is just as good as BoA Shoulders, if anything it's better.

Mrcer said:
The 39 twink community has agreed that you should have at least 3,000 health with rum. You sacrafice health in order to increase dps. A lot of people say that enhancement shamans lack survival but when WF Procs it hits like a truck. So a lot of people don't really "need" the extra DPS so they rather run around with almost 4k hp buffed than hit for an extra 300 dmg.

It's up to you, no one will look down on you for using BoA Shoulders but IMO Revelosh Shoulders of the Monkey is just as good as BoA Shoulders, if anything it's better.

Why use revelosh shoulders when satchel shoulders are strictly better? 12 agi 19 sta vs 9 agi 18 sta

Satchel are 12 Agi 12 Stam or 9 Agi 9 Stam 19 Attack Power.

Revelosh are 9/8 or 8/9 Agi Stam with 10 Stam.

Hi Sweettea.

I have a few suggestions for changes to your gear. Mrcer is right about survivability in this bracket being a must. But each piece of gear must be viewed individually as well as a whole, to determine it`s effectiveness versus another piece.

Shoulders: Consider Champion Herod's Shoulder as well as Rev`s. Weigh up the 4 stamina to 9 crit rating (1.08% crit). That`s a lot of crit to give up for 40 health.

Wrist: Get Unearthed Bands instead of Branded Leather Bracer. Definitely worth giving up 1 stamina for 6 crit rating (0.72% crit). That one is a no-brainer.

Feet: Get Lucien's Boots instead of the Albino Crocscale Boots. You are already hitcapped from talents for melee and spells, I believe. Whilst having more hit is great the superior stats plus the haste on the Lucien's make them a better overall choice.

Ring: An alternative to your Tumultuous Ring of the Bandit would be Tarenar's Token. It`s just a jiggle of stats to be honest, but its more survivability biaised.

Trinkets: I`m not buying the 2xHeart of Noxxion as trinkets. As you are not human you will need a PvP trinket equipped most of the time. By all means have a Heart of Noxxion available to switch out when you PvP trinket is on CD. So for general use Inherited Insignia of the Alliance and an Arena Grand Master and then a Heart of Noxxion to switch out for the Insignia on CD.

Other than that I would just consider prioritising the extra point of stamina rather than the extra point of agility in items like the Aqua ring and the Revelosh Gloves and Shoulder.

Regards.

Opinion said:
Satchel are 12 Agi 12 Stam or 9 Agi 9 Stam 19 Attack Power.

Revelosh are 9/8 or 8/9 Agi Stam with 10 Stam.

hmmmmm both chardev and wowhead say that the shoulders come in of the bandit and monkey which are 9 agi 14 sta 9 crit for of the bandit and 12 agi 19 sta for monkey. The plate and cloth variety are the only ones with 12/12 variety. The mail ones also come in 12/19.

***Edit*** Maybe shamans get different vigorous shoulders like with the mail shoulders. Why are there two different sets of vigorous spaulders? Even the wow armory lists them as two separate items with different sets of stats.

Because there is two different tiers of Vigorous Shoulders. One is for 39s the other is around 70ish.

Opinion said:
Because there is two different tiers of Vigorous Shoulders. One is for 39s the other is around 70ish.

No, those are called Vigorous Shoulderguards. The 39 ones are called Vigorous Spaulders which there are 2 different sets. Here are the armory links. They confuse me lol. Wowarmory has them linked as 2 completely separate items. My guess is that different leather classes have access to one access and the other classes have access to the other. The question is, which classes get which set? Anyone know?

Vigorous Spaulders - Game - World of Warcraft Set 1, which seems worse than set 2

Vigorous Spaulders - Game - World of Warcraft Set 2

The same name, the same ilvl, and they come from the same source but they both come with different possible random enchants. o.0

I have never seen the other ones you posted with resistances posted on them. I took my info from wowhead. Interesting find though.

Nimbleness? Prophet? Tiger with hit rating? Never seen em'.

Opinion said:
I have never seen the other ones you posted with resistances posted on them. I took my info from wowhead. Interesting find though.

Nimbleness? Prophet? Tiger with hit rating? Never seen em'.

Yeh, I didn't either. I was messing around and chardev and noticed them. I googled them and the two separate armory links popped up. However, no one on these forums, battleground forums, or anyone I've talked to seems to know which set comes from what or for what classes.

Safe to say I've played both Shaman and Rogue and I've only seen the set you normally see.

One of my guildies said they had only seen it on their hunter but it seems kind of odd for it to only drop for one class. However, i wouldn't put it past blizz. Would make more sense if it was like future mail wearers going to upgrade from leather or something.

To boost their stats this significantly? Hell, I've NEVER seen that MANY random enchantments on any item. I was in awe at the customization.

I know right? Those shoulders have crazy options and some really good ones compared to the other set of shoulders. Kind of makes me mad that I can't get them on some leather wearers. Rev shoulders are so ugly ><

Only classes that get mail at 40 can get the new leather shoulders to drop. This was probably due to complaints by shamans and hunter that the were getting unequippable RDF loot. I would've elaborated on my inital thread about the new stats on the shoulders but I though that this would be a fairly easy logical conclusion to draw on your own.

That was my guess when someone in my guild mentioned only ever seeing those on a hunter. However, it doesn't really make much logical sense to give hunters and shamans superior leather gear that will be replaced in 2 levels. Not sure why they would make one set so much better than the other.

Users who are viewing this thread