EDIT: Changes reverted!|Big changes to ilvl on PTR all epics nerfed to the ground except wod epics

7.3.5 was the last balanced ilvl patch imo. Would be amazing to go back to knowing SoO gear was amazing compared to lets say Classic dungeon gear. Hurts my heart just knowing dungeon gear is higher than raid gear. WTF is RPG? Wouldn't matter anyways blizzard is against the idea of power progression during the "long haul process of leveling" in order to afford Bobby a new boat off those boosts in the shop! mob hp is way to high 21+ needs a 40-60% nerf imho.

This is what balanced ilvl looks like. (include the fact 7.3.5 dropped many dungeons into brackets not yet balanced for) the fact im fighting dungeon mobs 1 level below me whilst in mythic gear the actual difference between me and the mob is real.

Last edited:
Just checked the PTR and it looks like most of the scaling issues have been fixed, classic dungeon epics scaling properly, wod dungeon blues fixed, and old raid drops back to their current ilvls. Not sure about wotlk grandfathered stuff, don't have any of that to check.

Indeed I just went in and killed a boss and got an epic 112 drop so can now confirm that warforged epic 112 ilvl also still drops in wod dungeons. On the PTR currently at least.
upload_2023-1-21_18-32-41.png

(but fuck me i wanted that on live realms-__-)

Just checked the PTR and it looks like most of the scaling issues have been fixed, classic dungeon epics scaling properly, wod dungeon blues fixed, and old raid drops back to their current ilvls. Not sure about wotlk grandfathered stuff, don't have any of that to check.
Does this include mythic SoO gear?

Can confirm this. Would be great if it stays that way. Can someone check Enchanting, please? I'd like to be able to enchant gear again.

good to know that i can hop on my 29 warrior and play BGs whenever i want.

I feel like the term “fix” is very subjective at this point lol

the last update to the PTR build has most relevant items scaling just as they were on live, which might mean “fixed” for some

raid gears are around 210 ilvl on PTR, but of course all require level 30.

i feel that they might just raise the F2P cap to 30 (given that no one does these old raids anymore except for transmog runs)

i feel that they might just raise the F2P cap to 30 (given that no one does these old raids anymore except for transmog runs)

0% chance because old raids are a gold farming resource and you don't want f2p to be able to farm that much gold.

0% chance because old raids are a gold farming resource and you don't want f2p to be able to farm that much gold.

F2P can't solo raids (efficiently) though.

210 ilevel at 30 you must be looking at adventure journal in CT? They are not obtainable, you can half that ilvl for the instance you can enter.

Exactly. I just wondered why it showed me high ilvl in the journal.

Reality:
ICC (25) heroic: 115ilvl
SoO mythic: 126ilvl
BfA (Dungeon) proc (on player level 33): 124ilvl

Itemlevel of characters from DF patch are still broken.

Users who are viewing this thread