Echoes of the past - 70's - PvE US Pacific

Jirat

Legend
<Echoes of the Past> {Illidan - US - Horde} - PvE Focus

Before you proceed reading any of this thread, please read this message.
You must read the thread in fully if you want my respect. If you ask questions regarding any information blatantly produced in the thread over realid or whisper, you will automatically lose my respect. See the following image. http://i.imgur.com/UW7cuYX.png

To give you a consensus of why I displayed that image, the person who was whispering me asked if we were doing 25m black temple at some point in the future. The goal of this group from the start has been to take no more than 14 people into raids, and even then, that might be to many. The goal is to make it challenging and keep a small group feeling. We've tried 25m and we dislike fighting the roster boss. The person clearly the part he asked, so why did he ask it? This is just an example. I get these questions at least every day if not every other day, sometimes multiple times. It's frustrating when the answer to 99% of the questions are in the thread. "What are you recruiting?" Look at the thread. "When are we raiding?" it's in the thread. You lose my respect by not respecting me, which is not reading the material posted. This is a bit of a rant, but I need to make it clear. You want my respect? Read the thread.

Echoes of the past is recruiting for its second run at the 70 raid content. Back in june echoes of the past was created by Orodan, otherwise known as oreo. During mid-july he handed leadership to me during our wrath era and ever since then I've been the leader. We took a break after we finished wrath content in a 10m perspective, but the guild started in full fledge 40 man for the 60's.

When we converted to 10 man during the wrath era there was a couple of reasons. The first being absences. I hate players being absent for raids. Your excuse better be your wife is having a baby that instant or a holiday or a family member just died. Things come up, which is why I'm giving two chances in those circumstances. The second reason we converted is performance. Which I will be crucial on if we are having issues. If dps is lower, I want to know why someone is lower than others. I will be critiquing, but I am open to explanations. I know not every class, especially at level 70 will be able to pull as much as others in healing or dpsing.

With our second run at 70 content we're confident we can compile a small group with a twist. We wish to head on starting at 70 content with a group of 14 players. 14, the reason being that content was severely nerfed pre-wotlk.

1) Death knights do not acquire tier gear in the 70 content bracket. Which means the player of that class will need to understand they will not receive any special treatment when rolling for their respective armor.

2) We've already compiled a list of each class in each role. We may tweak it slightly, but this will be what we are aiming for.

Recruiting:

Warrior - OPEN - TANK - 1
Paladin - OPEN - HEAL,TANK - 1,1
Hunter - OPEN - DPS - 2
Rogue - OPEN - DPS - 1
Priest - OPEN - HEAL - 1
Death Knight - CLOSED - DPS - 0
Shaman - OPEN - HEAL,DPS - 1,1
Mage - CLOSED - DPS - 0
Warlock - CLOSED - DPS - 0
Druid - OPEN - HEAL,DPS (Feral) - 1,0 (Feral)

The above classes to roles are the main specs. The following classes must be prepared to do the following when asked.

Paladin - HEAL
Death Knight - TANK
Shaman - DPS
Druid - DPS

Note:

No raid spots are reserved until the player is on for three consecutive raid days. I do my best though to let those know interested in the spots available that we do have someone in the spot attempting to reserve it. Please keep this in mind.

Rules & Guidelines

Outside of the basics of respect, tardiness, and competency, we will have gear rules, just as the guild did before.

~ NO PvP gear. This will clear any mishaps so we don't have players walking in brutal gladiator gear. You will be given two warnings, after those two, you will be removed from the raid group and if you cause problems in the VoIP you will be banned and removed from the guild.

~ No gear of equal or higher ilvl other than what was acquired in previous raids with the guild. This is to create a sense of accomplishment and group power.

~ No 70 raids without the guild. If we're just starting on tempest keep, that does not mean sunwell is open to pug with a friend. Please keep those lockouts clear in case we want to aim for a special objective which we may just as the guild did before.

~ Please respect the roles you were designated for. If you are a warrior, that means you signed up knowing you were going to tank. That does not mean complain about being a tank all the time. You will be tanking 90% of the time. Same for healing and dpsing.

~ On time for raids means you are on and at the entrance 5 minutes prior to the start time. We pull at the start time, not walk in. If you are not at the entrance walking in at 8:05 pacific time, you are late.

~ If you are late or absent from a raid three times, no matter the circumstance you will be replaced. We cannot afford absences in such a limited community and a small group as even a dps being gone can prohibit progression.

~ Heirlooms must be replaced asap. The item level most heirlooms represent are 147, which puts it right above black temple gear. Stats between 147 and 110 gear isn't a huge difference, but it still makes a difference. So if you acquire a better piece in dungeons or raids you must replace it asap from then on.

Loot Guidelines

I don't generally like to discuss loot because we go on a need before greed system, but I feel there are a couple points to outline.

- Any gear that has spirit, healers have priority in main spec than anyone else. Sorry mages/warlocks, you'll have to wait it out if necessary.
- Plate gear that has crit, dps must understand that crit for plate tanks means they receive parry equal to their crit as well.

Raid Days and Times

Days - Monday/Wednesday

Times - 7pm - 10pm Pacific

These times may not be suited for eastern coast, please do not sign up and join the guild unless you are positive you can make these times.

Special notes

~ You do not need to be in our guild or on illidan to join our raid group. You do need to still respect the above rules and guidelines. If you miss more than 2 raids we do need to replace you as a small group we cannot afford any missing bodies.

Contacts

Believesteve#(1775) - Group Leader

Last edited by a moderator:
Changed thursday to wednesday. Was late last night, forgot we can't do thursdays.

We also have our second tank. From this point on we need all the other roles but druid, warrior and priest.

Updated class recruitment list.

We've found a mage and a hunter. We're still looking for

- Paladin - Healer
- Shaman - Healer
- Rogue
- Death knight - DPS
- Warlock

I would like make a toon and level it up to fulfill one of character slots i could probably have a character to 70 this week (maybe even in 3-4 days) I could easily do rogue or warlock. If you'd like me to play like Shaman or dk(especially shaman) then i will have to learn how to use those classes.

I would like make a toon and level it up to fulfill one of character slots i could probably have a character to 70 this week (maybe even in 3-4 days) I could easily do rogue or warlock. If you'd like me to play like Shaman or dk(especially shaman) then i will have to learn how to use those classes.

Honestly, play whatever you want. We would REALLY prefer you play something that is "open" above. All of those you suggested is available. At this point we need dps to even start karazhan, and if anything our druid tank (myself) can go resto until we get more healers. So, play whatever you prefer. All of those work.

Honestly, play whatever you want. We would REALLY prefer you play something that is "open" above. All of those you suggested is available. At this point we need dps to even start karazhan, and if anything our druid tank (myself) can go resto until we get more healers. So, play whatever you prefer. All of those work.

Alrighty then I'll get to work on a toon tommorow when I get up. I'll most likely go rogue.

Added an additional priest for tank healing requirement.

With tanks not having access to mastery which is most of the tanks primary mitigation stat, and their perks as well as attunement, everything added together we need an additional way to keep tanks up.

I went with priest instead of anything else because disc priests or even holy priests have better single target values than any other healer at 70. Disc priests have a great kit for it as well.

So yes, an additional priest spot is open and we are open to 11 players now. Get to it!

Opened recruitment back up for the hunter. We are a semi-casual group, but we do want to get going asap. So be prepared to level asap. We don't ask you to take time from your main 100 raids or even ask you to logon everyday. But if its going to take you a month or two to hit 70, just no. I would say an appropriate time frame to hit 70 assuming you're a dps (since most tanks/healers will queue for dungeons) I would say 2 weeks, 3 at most.

I opened alot of classes to recruitment. After doing our first kara raid healing and dps looks like we'd be lacking a bit. The following classes I opened and/or changed are

- Removed Druid tank and swapped it into Warrior tank. Druids are way too RNG and take severe damage when they don't dodge due to having no mastery. Warriors having 100% chance to block on a 2 charge system is way too good to pass up.

- Added an additional paladin as a dps paladin, but also must be willing to go heals at any time asked. When that is, we do not know yet. More than likely will be when we need a ranged tank. So we will supply this paladin with fire resist gear as well for fights like leotharas and illidan.

- Opened up another rogue spot. Rogues are in a good place and we need one more leather agi as well as another spot on that token.

- Opened up another mage spot. We need another person on that token as well similar to the rogue and having a 2nd mage helps in case we're missing our other one for fights like high king maulgaur and illidari council.

- Swapped druid to healing instead of tank. Druid heals are strong, I don't know how strong, but HoT's paired with our disc priest will be great, tranquility will always be a great CD in my book as well.

I'd like to add urgency. We are a dedicated group of individuals. Granted we may not be on these toons all of the time, we have done this content before and we are pretty confident after the rude awakening in karazhan this is going to be needed to treated as a progression type guild. In saying that, please do not be intimidated. We are understanding so long as people can learn and fix their mistakes if they make them. Not everyone is perfect.

In second to the urgency, we do need a second tank and 2-3 dps to continue progress on karazhan. We ran into a wall at prince with dps, but with the damage intake we needed to use 2 healers. (1 tank, 1 dps, 2 healers). We feel we'll be ready to go into gruuls as soon as we have another healer, another tank, and approximately 3-4 more dps. So we may be in kara for another couple weeks.

I would greatly enjoy joining you guys! Cracko#1875. I am rogue Carlhungus currently on Tichondrius. I am willing to transfer!

What about monks, are they allowed? Only ask because you allow dk's.

Also do you allow cross realm raiding? I have a 70 resto shaman and a 70 rogue, both of whom i raided on in the past (mained the shaman), but they are not on your server and i am not able to transfer at this current time.

What about monks, are they allowed? Only ask because you allow dk's.

Also do you allow cross realm raiding? I have a 70 resto shaman and a 70 rogue, both of whom i raided on in the past (mained the shaman), but they are not on your server and i am not able to transfer at this current time.

Currently, we are not allowing monks. I originally was allowing monks, because we were aiming for one of each class. After some experimentation we needed to close in on specific needs. Which the recruitment roster is aimed to do so.

It may not make sense, but I've drawn up and spent quite a bit of time investigating this.

We do allow cross realm raiding, as noted in the OP. We could use either your rogue or resto shaman, but they would still need to understand and respect the gear rules outlined in the OP.

Hello How ya doin. I am very interested in joining a level 70 pve guild I did extensive raiding up to and through Black Temple during the BC days and I would love to keep my warrior at 70 to do it again! I can tank or dps whatever you need. I also have a priest and a Shaman that I can get to 70 pretty quickly. Let me know.

Hello How ya doin. I am very interested in joining a level 70 pve guild I did extensive raiding up to and through Black Temple during the BC days and I would love to keep my warrior at 70 to do it again! I can tank or dps whatever you need. I also have a priest and a Shaman that I can get to 70 pretty quickly. Let me know.

Hello, and sorry about the late reply. Being the holidays and all, I was out of town for the last week.

We'd love a warrior, we're still seeking a warrior tank. If you prefer to play shaman feel free. Either works, as our roster is currently up to date.

Bump, we're still looking for more. The recruitment needs haven't changed.

I do not reserve any recruitment spot until the player show's up for 3 consecutive raids.

Cleared Karazhan again this week.

Unfortunately with our mage, hunter, and druid being absent, we're still not able to make progress on netherspite, nightbane or prince.

I opened up our second mage and warrior spot. Remember, if you are absent 3 times, you're gone. We can't afford it. Especially tanks.

I can level up a warrior tank. If you are still needing one i am currently tired of raiding current content and want a change in playstyle. Nvdead#1651

I can level up a warrior tank. If you are still needing one i am currently tired of raiding current content and want a change in playstyle. Nvdead#1651

I added you on battle.net

We do need a warrior tank, our other is being rather flaky and hard to reach.

Users who are viewing this thread