Dismiss Notice
Hey there Anonymous! Now you can post on XPOFF without registering!

Dungeon Tank god mode(ish)

Discussion in 'Level 10-19' started by Vinna, Jan 7, 2019.

Share This Page

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Vinna

Vinna Member

Hey-ho howdy yeehaw fellas, I've been working on this project for a while now to waste some time.

The idea would be to not depend on a healer while playing dungeons and still keeping it fast-paced,
    meaning minimum stops to clear.

Imagine you're playing with your standard retard party that are incapable of even routing through a dungeon without help.

I'm playing guardian druid and so far I'm able to solo huge packs of trash mobs (About 50% of Ragefire Chasm in a single pull) with the help of Advanced Target Dummy, Eternal Woven Ivy Necklace, Returning Champion, Defending Champion, Frag Belt, F.R.I.E.D and other minor items.

Are there any obvious items I'm missing here? Preferably more AoE or any survivability item that doesn't share cooldown with elixirs/potions & the necklace.

My end-goal would be to blast through dungeons without having to depend on the rest of my party.
    Thank you for taking your time to read this garbage.

"Just prowl to last boss hurr durr"

• Like Like x 2
  2. Kevino

Kevino Veteran

Can you provide an armory link to your druid?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Schalood

Schalood Psychedelic Gladiator

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rusks

Rusks Member

id replace your trinkets with swift hand of justice for a combined 4% heal per thing killed

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. OP
    Vinna

Vinna Member

Interesting, very good suggestion to replace the trinkets, however I do believe that returning champion is stronger because it heals around 600 when it crits wich is a huge healing burst. I’ll experiment with using the +2% passive healing trinkets and it is a good suggestion indeed, thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  6. necroaqua

necroaqua Dedicated Guide Author

Verse neck and perhaps ancient priestess enchant for the extra self-heal? Dunno that hidden satyr will proc enough to be worth. The gnomish protection belt might be fun to play with as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    Vinna

Vinna Member

You’re right, Hidden satyr doesn’t proc a whole lot and Ancient priestess will only heal yourself if your party is full health. I’ve tried using Heavy hide aswell and it seems to be the most consistent out of the three. Appreciate your advice anyway!

• Like Like x 1
  8. hom

hom Veteran

Coastal Surge on weapon? I was under the impression it's the best healing enchant available right now

I've also seen some twinks use a strange item. it spawns these chopping block looking things. They're target-able and will attach you. I've seen level 1 twinks use multiples of them & they do impressive damage. Not sure what they're called, hoping someone will chime in.

They may be useful. Unlike my post that sounds promising yet gives no confirmed information.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Schalood

Schalood Psychedelic Gladiator

• Like Like x 2
  10. hom

hom Veteran

That's the bugger. I guess if you can get enough down, pull some mobs over to your bamboo army you'll have a fair amount of increased dps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. MYT

MYT Member

My experience is that satyr procs a ton and priestess barely procs which is the opposite of what others say here

• Like Like x 2
  12. OP
    Vinna

Vinna Member

Satyr is about 1-2% total damage done from a full dungeon run while having heavy hide or ancient priestess will boost your survivability by about the same amount. It really comes down to what you’re looking to improve, damage or protection?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 9, 2019, Original Post Date: Jan 9, 2019 ---
    Ah yes.. good ol’ boards, I’ve been thinking about getting these since I started this project but I haven’t gotten it done yet. Mainly because they’re hated by the entire community thanks to griefing rogues in PvP.

• Like Like x 2
  13. hom

hom Veteran

If I were you. I'd get Coastal Surge on weapon. When it procs I'd swap to elemental force. I think this would give you the best survivability/damage option as far as enchants go...

• Like Like x 2
  14. OP
    Vinna

Vinna Member

I’ve tried both coastal surge & mending, I always end up going back to mending because of the proc rate, coastal surge only procs on shields/healing casts. (HoTs) won’t proc coastal from what I’ve tested.

• Like Like x 2
  15. hom

hom Veteran

Ah I see. It definitely procs on rejuvenation (first tick). Probably not on the ticks that follow which would be annoying & impractical to rely on.

• Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    Vinna

Vinna Member

Ontop of this I’m not sure if coastal surge ticks can crit (I have no idea, can’t remember) on the other hand Mending does crit and it boosts the sustain greatly when you’re able to get chunks of your health back with a little bit of luck.

• Like Like x 2
  17. hom

hom Veteran

What does mending heal you for?

Also - how does it scale? Couldn't find the info for it online.

• Like Like x 2
  18. OP
    Vinna

Vinna Member

89 each proc, crit would be double that amount. I could provide you with some more accurate data when I get back home if you’re interested in RPPM and other things.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Veechard

Veechard Grandfathered

Wonder if lvl 15 woulda been better. Only 2 dungeons that can pop and 1 is short. At 19, 4 can pop, and 3 of which are long.

Also you would have better secondaries if I’m not mistaken

• Like Like x 2
  20. OP
    Vinna

Vinna Member

For sure! We're running Protection Paladin, Mistweaver Monk & (any) Arcane Mage when we're just looking to rush through a dungeon (done when boosting alts for satchels). But then again, that is a 3 man pre-made party, not what I'm looking to achieve here.

• Like Like x 1

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)