Dread Pirate Ring what?

I have been doing the Kaluak fishing derby for a couple months now and I never caught a black tiped shark. So, I was wondering first if this normal, doing the contest for about 3 months and not seeing the fish once? Also, where is the best spot to fish? And if the fishing lvl actually matter?

Thanks

Nakedplumber said:
I have been doing the Kaluak fishing derby for a couple months now and I never caught a black tiped shark. So, I was wondering first if this normal, doing the contest for about 3 months and not seeing the fish once? Also, where is the best spot to fish? And if the fishing lvl actually matter?

Thanks

fishing in pools gives you a lot better chance of catching than in open water.

however it is all luck still.

I've gone 4 weeks in a row fishing for the entire duration of the contest with out seeing one.

Then I've had contests where I've caught two.

If you're not going for anything other than the ring then fishing after the winner is declared is pointless.

If you're fishing pools your fishing level does not matter.

Make sure you are fishing in locations where you can catch Pygmy Suckerfish. Also, fishing level does matter. If you are fishing in open water your fishing must be high, I don't know the exact number, but if you are fishing from pools, then you can have level 1 fishing. I won the tournament with <100 fishing on my main by flying from pool to pool. Be persistent and you will eventually get it.

i won it my first time ever trying...here's what i did.

fish out all the schools in lake indu'le in dragonblight. where should be 3 or 4. if you don't have it by then, go south to the ocean and fish out all the manta ray schools you can find. track fish is pretty much necessary. set your hearth as close to the turn in as possible...west bank in dal when i did it. oh! and wear the hell out of your lfh. it is lucky y'know.

Aww, so it's that hard to get the fish! I got one in about 30 minutes, the only time I tried on bankbeauty, I thought it was just normal, Rng love

lol yeah that's very lucky bank.

I fished at Venture Bay in grizzly hills(6-7 schools) then continued up the river betwen dragonblight/grizzly hills. Won on my second try.

Just be more lucky.

bankbeauty said:
Aww, so it's that hard to get the fish! I got one in about 30 minutes, the only time I tried on bankbeauty, I thought it was just normal, Rng love

I wouldn't call that overly lucky. I doubt you will ever win the contest if it takes 30 min to catch it. the longest I've seen the contest go on before a winner is around 10 min. I won one after 6 mins and the other I won was about 8 min in.

Something to keep in mind, the shark will not drop FOR ANYONE within the 1st 5 minutes of the contest. It is unknown whether there is some kind of hidden criteria that must be met before one is eligilbe to catch the shark. Perhaps you have have to catch 10 pygmies before you are able to catch one.

There may be no criteria at all, and in that case you may be better off waiting 5 minutes into the contest before you fish out all the pools in your general area.

MARCO said:
Make sure you are fishing in locations where you can catch Pygmy Suckerfish. Also, fishing level does matter. If you are fishing in open water your fishing must be high, I don't know the exact number, but if you are fishing from pools, then you can have level 1 fishing. I won the tournament with <100 fishing on my main by flying from pool to pool. Be persistent and you will eventually get it.

You have have the same chance (65%) at catching pygmy sucker fish in all the northrend pools EXCEPT glassfin minnow pools which have a much lower yield.

I think I started in the last 30min,my goal wasn't to win but just try this out, I got one shark and I didn't thought these were rare at all, I thought you could get like 1-3 per contest something like that, I was wrong

i only won it once, with my DK who was farming Cobalt in Howling Fjord. i was near the northwest beach where murlocs were and saw the yell in chat. got it about 2-3 pools later.

every other time since (~15 attempts between 2 other lvl 80 alts) i have not been able to catch the quest shark, even if i'd continue after a winner was announced.

ImmahBon said:
I've won it on my level 10 hunter once. Got it in like 12 minutes I was pretty sure that somebody had won already and I were just lazy running to the guy and saw that nobody had won it yet. Was quite happy.

This is what i'm wanting to do, did you run around and look for pools or did you stay in open water? I was thinking I could find a nice spot and just stand still in open water and try to get lucky and not run into the level 80 mobs looking for the pools. Thoughts?

Wouldn't gain anything by doing it on your twink, except street cred.

contest says anywhere pygmy sucker fish are caught.....and they are right

i won contest weeks back on my server, black tip shark was caught in open water not out of a school on coast of howling fjord. 5 minutes into contest

had 450 fishing, +30 bluepole, WBFH +5, and +150 lure

to fish open water you need high fishing, fish from schools at level-5....no skill needed as long as hook lands in school

imo, whole fishing contest is based on RNG's and luck. just fish...if it happens, it happens

shanker said:
contest says anywhere pygmy sucker fish are caught.....and they are right

i won contest weeks back on my server, black tip shark was caught in open water not out of a school on coast of howling fjord. 5 minutes into contest

had 450 fishing, +30 bluepole, WBFH +5, and +150 lure

to fish open water you need high fishing, fish from schools at level-5....no skill needed as long as hook lands in school

imo, whole fishing contest is based on RNG's and luck. just fish...if it happens, it happens

Think it's possible to fish in Dal Sewers? My fishing is maxed on my druid, I have WBFH, +30 fishing pole, ect ect and I'd like the achievement along with the ring.

tryiapriest3 said:
Think it's possible to fish in Dal Sewers? My fishing is maxed on my druid, I have WBFH, +30 fishing pole, ect ect and I'd like the achievement along with the ring.

no pygmy suckerfish there, so it's not possible.

Opinion said:
Wouldn't gain anything by doing it on your twink, except street cred.

My twink has higher fishing, and my main is still too low to run around looking for ponds without dying

Users who are viewing this thread