Dread Pirate Ring what?

Attended the contest for the first time today with my 85 mage, was fishing in Howling Fjord. Got the shark after 7 minutes, 16 catches. Teleported to Dalaran and got snagged for the victory by ~4sec. FML, and I'll prolly never see it again T_T

LMAO. that blows. i find it hard to believe that happens so frequently. its almost like blizz says, fuck, and makes everyone scramble to hand it in.

Haha, this thread is still up! Ill probably be back to WoW soon and ready to catch this dang shark!!! (Btw might go back Horde homies)

Wish me luck xD

Nakedplumber said:
Haha, this thread is still up! Ill probably be back to WoW soon and ready to catch this dang shark!!! (Btw might go back Horde homies)

Wish me luck xD

Horde needs less players, lol.

But welcome back.

Nakedplumber said:
I have been doing the Kaluak fishing derby for a couple months now and I never caught a black tiped shark. So, I was wondering first if this normal, doing the contest for about 3 months and not seeing the fish once? Also, where is the best spot to fish? And if the fishing lvl actually matter?

Thanks

If it makes you feel any better, I have been fishing this tourney every weekend for two years and have yet to see ONE blacktip shark. I always fish for an additional 20-30 minutes after a winner has been declared as well, to no avail. Yes, I'm max fishing and I only fish in pools. I also fish in the one location that offers the heaviest concentration of pools in the smallest area. There is never a shortage of/competition for (pools). So trust me, there are plenty of us out here who feel your pain. Good luck -

Pheez said:
If it makes you feel any better, I have been fishing this tourney every weekend for two years and have yet to see ONE blacktip shark. I always fish for an additional 20-30 minutes after a winner has been declared as well, to no avail. Yes, I'm max fishing and I only fish in pools. I also fish in the one location that offers the heaviest concentration of pools in the smallest area. There is never a shortage of/competition for (pools). So trust me, there are plenty of us out here who feel your pain. Good luck -

I've caught 29 over 2 years.

IF you fish the entire duration of the contest you will catch the shark a little bit less than once every 3 weeks.

The chances of you catching the 1st one during any given week are pretty ridiculous.

The server population has some effect. However, your server may collectively have a low interest in this event. A good way to gage how your server behaves in this regard is to note the amount of time that elapses between the contest start and when the winner is announced. If your server is like mine and there continues to be interest in the event then there will likely be winner from 6-8 minutes after the tournament starts almost every week. If it consistently takes more than 10 minutes then I would consider the server to have low interest.

I just won it, my first try, on my level 12 :) 6 minutes in.

WOOHOO

and yes I think my server does have low interest in it, but also got very very lucky. (still haven't been able to get a second stendel's wedding band though after thousands of fish.)

Users who are viewing this thread