Dragonflight Alpha

SP gain purge, pi, speed and loses shadowfiend. Can spec into either more dmg procs or dispersion so dispersion is pretty much lost at this point. It's more of a change rather than a nerf but burst dmg will suffer.

Not to mention the mindbomb! Having option to fear into stun to safely burst someone is huge and I couldnt care less about not spending insanity. Also big pressure potential in bgs from specing into the vampiric touch+sw: pain, and mind blast resets, and and... Double blast... And..... Absorb from blasts and... And.... How can you even say spriest looks weak right now. It looks very different, thats correct but it doesnt devaluate anything that he has to offer in current build

Not to mention the mindbomb! Having option to fear into stun to safely burst someone is huge and I couldnt care less about not spending insanity. Also big pressure potential in bgs from specing into the vampiric touch+sw: pain, and mind blast resets, and and... Double blast... And..... Absorb from blasts and... And.... How can you even say spriest looks weak right now. It looks very different, thats correct but it doesnt devaluate anything that he has to offer in current build
Mind bomb has replaced fear in every previous build, are you saying you have fear and mind bomb at the same time on alpha? Thats huge news.

Mind bomb has replaced fear in every previous build, are you saying you have fear and mind bomb at the same time on alpha? Thats huge news.
yes you can pick either lower cd on fear OR keep the fear as it is and get mind bomb in addition to that

Spriest gaining renew and prayer of mending (might require mana regen items), but having to dump 2 points into niche abilities (mind sear and silence) to get dispersion is sad.

Mind sear can be good for pulling out rogues, but silence is kinda meh in my opinion. A 45 sec cd for a 4 sec kick, while losing the dps side of the talents is not worth it.

Overall it gains utility in the form of more offheals, a speed option, and haste for a burst damage/heal.

Arguing the value of mind sear over Silence.

Well, as a caster main. The best part about Dragonflight right now seem to be nobody is gonna have a kick button. Gonna be awesome.

Nono, you go ahead. Dont pick kick on any char. Who needs it? Doesnt even do damage.

Spriest doesn't have a kick now and its still fun. It will lose its burst if it chooses to spec into a silence. For wargames it could go either way, but in random bgs silence seems like a waste.

Spriest doesn't have a kick now and its still fun. It will lose its burst if it chooses to spec into a silence. For wargames it could go either way, but in random bgs silence seems like a waste.
I know its not worth on sp, it was just funny to watch you argue mind sear was more valueable than silence when the only reason to pick mind sear is to get silence.

They are both very niche options depending on enemy comp and friendly comp - and neither are worth the dps loss.

Hopefully spriest gets access to void eruption, either way spriest still looks good.

Looking forward to ww monk getting some love, its been a punching bag this whole expansion.

Last edited:
They are both very niche options depending on enemy comp and friendly comp - and neither are worth the dps loss.

Hopefully spriest gets access to void eruption, either way spriest still looks good.

Looking forward to ww monk getting some love, its been a punching bag this whole expansion.
Ww is literally hit and run spec right now, strong tho lacks some obvious core elements like better chi/energy regen, stronger rsk and flying serpent kick. Tho I would be happy if they would just give them slow

Silence is much, much better than an interrupt. I'm not saying it's universally better than Unfurling or anything - I'd probably take Unfurling->Misery in BGs, tbh.

But a guaranteed 4 second silence is god tier in arenas. Depending on comp, it will likely make spriest more lethal than unfurling by a long shot.

Thats how it is in SL, mind bomb still replaces fear.
It does not *currently* on DF. Nor do they even share a CD.

vampiric touch is triggering vampiric insight without selecting the talent

upload_2022-7-24_16-42-52.png

theyre gonna regret giving me access at the rate im submitting tickets
Can you check if the Thistle Tea consumable is still a thing? As well as the Cooking Pattern? Maybe check if it's become vendor trash or something, idk.

Can you check if the Thistle Tea consumable is still a thing? As well as the Cooking Pattern? Maybe check if it's become vendor trash or something, idk.
Thats one of those things I doubt theyve gotten around to. I can check but I bet it wont be very informative regarding their plans for it.

Can you fill me in on the current state of Thistle Tea? the last I knew, it was GF'd but it looks like two vendors sell it? Is it rogue only vendors?

Thats one of those things I doubt theyve gotten around to. I can check but I bet it wont be very informative regarding their plans for it.

Can you fill me in on the current state of Thistle Tea? the last I knew, it was GF'd but it looks like two vendors sell it? Is it rogue only vendors?
there is a very old thistle tea recipe that had no class requirement that has been gfd since patch 1.3. Then theres the rogue only, bop recipe added since that you just buy from a vendor.

The old recipe was made into vendor trash in MoP or WoD then remade into a learnable pattern for non rogues again in Legion.

Users who are viewing this thread