Do You?????

The population is only going up because of 3rd world countries, where homosexuality is illegal.
Some serious troll, gj
I think marriage is itself a really stupid idea. Gay people should be happy they aren't eligible to lose half their stuff when their significant other gets pissed and wants out.
I bet they are really happen they aren't viewed upon as 'legal' couples.

Snack said:
Doesn't sound like you're a happily marriaged man

I'm not married, and never will be. I don't see the benefits outside of tax reasons, power of attorney, and doctor/patient privilege. All things that can be granted without the need for marriage. If I loved someone so much that I'd consider marriage, I wouldn't throw that person into a financial obligation that could ruin both our lives should we ever decide to separate.

It's just not what you do to someone you love.

Mind you, I'm all for the rights of same sex couples. I just don't think marriage is worth fighting for.

Same-sex marriage. Do you support it? Discuss.

No. It is totally against the laws of the nature... Nature which we humans destroy everyday. We try to destroy life everyday by breaking the very balance of the world. My entire being is against these marriages....

No. It is totally against the laws of the nature... Nature which we humans destroy everyday. We try to destroy life everyday by breaking the very balance of the world. My entire being is against these marriages....
Just like computers. There are many unnatural things about human society. It's perfectly okay to be gay with that line of logic.

Please don't bring your misleading arguments to a serious issue where humanity's future is on the line. We need more intelligent anti-gay people so that our society remains informed.

Just like computers. There are many unnatural things about human society. It's perfectly okay to be gay with that line of logic.

Computers are not against the laws of the nature. Human beings were created so that the female would marry the male. Computers have nothing to do with this. Homosexuality is a sacrilege. It is totally against the laws of nature.
Computers do not destroy the balance of the nature, but there are other human inventions which really do break its very balance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Computers are not against the laws of the nature. Human beings were created so that the female would marry the male. Computers have nothing to do with this. Homosexuality is a sacrilege. It is totally against the laws of nature.
Computers do not destroy the balance of the nature, but there are other human inventions which really do break its very balance.
Only Druids see it that way. Humans need to look at it from a perspective where they fit in with humans, not fit in with the trees.

I don't have the time or desire to read every post on every page of this thread, and I may be repeating some things others have said, but here are some facts:

1. Tons of animals are totally gay. It isn't exclusively human, and if being gay is defying the laws of nature, how come there isn't a species that practices heterosexual reproduction that has no homosexual population, excluding the ones not expansive enough to provide an actual sample size?
2. Wayyyyy over half of the world's AIDS cases are in sub-saharan Africa, so AIDS shouldn't be a factor in whether or not gay marriage is legal in the US. In addition, there are guessed to be 2.3m AIDS cases in North America and the EU, which combined have a population of just under a billion people. assuming 4% is a safe statistic, ~39 million people are gay out of the 974m, and even if 100% of AIDS cases were amongst gay folks, then not nearly all of them are gay. (edit: apparently Druiddroid was kidding on this one, praise whatever-the-fuck that nobody is that illogical)

Facts aside, whether or not two people can use different tax forms than single people shouldn't be a matter of religion. If separation of church and state were actually present in America (though it is meant to be, but that's for another time), then what some kooks wrote 2,000-4,000 years ago because they had voices in their heads and were seeing angels shouldn't permanently affect decent citizens today.

To touch on the opinion that homosexuality is gross, and the Bible is correct in condemning it, then why don't y'all have a problem with the story in the Bible where a dud's wife turns into a pillar of salt, and to console their father, the dude's two daughters had a threesome with their own dad?

The Bible isn't exactly a bad book; its stories are meant to teach its readers how to live in peace and not die of random shit. For example:
Don't have buttsex with dudes, because you might get a urinary tract infection.
All of your food has to be blessed by a Rabbi, not because he's magical, but because if you're eating lamb you found dead by a river and you're butchering it with dirty cleavers, you will fucking die.
Don't get tattoos, because the risk of infection isn't worth it. Barbicide or whatever the fuck you use to sterilize tattoo needles didn't exist during the writing of the Bible.
...and so forth.

Upon reading this post again, it's very shattered and rant-y, but I' tired and mad that people are making all Christians look like those people that hate vaccines and are obsessed with horoscopes and the people that think mediums who read a book on cold reading can commune with the dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I support it, and don't think it's unnatural. It's even legal in my city.
For those that claim it's wrong thanks to the "reproduction function", inherent to hetero couples; what about infertile girls/guys???
Are they also "useless" and should they not be allowed to marry??

Users who are viewing this thread