DMF - buy now or wait for 6.1?

mrspeeed

Grandfathered
I recently resurrected my P2P account with the intent to lapse into a veteran account in 6.1. I have a number of toons with lots of DMF tokens or whatever they are. So my question is should I wait until 6.1 to use them or use them now since it is DMF week? Just wondering if it will matter really. With heirloom pieces being sold for gold perhaps it is best to use gold in 6.1 and bank my tokens?

I would like to hear your thoughts please. Cheers.

It depends, do you need pets, mounts or the transmog items? If the heirlooms will cost 50/75. I would wait till next DMF. I'd rather buy my heirlooms for tokens than gold.

if we buy the heirlooms now, will it be become 1/2 upgraded when 6.1 hits or goes down to 0/2? if it becomes 1/2 then it depends if you are a collector or not

if we buy the heirlooms now, will it be become 1/2 upgraded when 6.1 hits or goes down to 0/2? if it becomes 1/2 then it depends if you are a collector or not
Hhmm, I don't know what this means. I guess I need to go back through some other threads.

I guess if 6.1 actually hits and they are cheaper then obviously it best to wait. If they are the same price then no harm no foul subject to the 1/2 upgraded issue.

I got to go through other threads now in closer detail....

different heirloom upgrades have different maximum level they can scale to. kind of like the current level 80 and level 85 heirlooms. they keep changing the values but last i read 0/2 heirlooms scale up to level 60, 1/2 to level 90, 2/2 to level 100. but since current heirlooms scale up to 80 (and 85), im not sure if it will be converted to 0/2 (therefore going down to level 60) or to 1/2 (therefore going up to level 90)

different heirloom upgrades have different maximum level they can scale to. kind of like the current level 80 and level 85 heirlooms. they keep changing the values but last i read 0/2 heirlooms scale up to level 60, 1/2 to level 90, 2/2 to level 100. but since current heirlooms scale up to 80 (and 85), im not sure if it will be converted to 0/2 (therefore going down to level 60) or to 1/2 (therefore going up to level 90)

Ah, very interesting. Thanks for taking the time to clear that up for me!

When we implement patch 6.1, all heirloom items will be automatically added into the new system and you’ll be credited for them across your account. At the time, heirlooms will be modified to obtain maximum levels that fall into one of three groups: 1-60, 61-90, and 91-100. Your heirloom items will all be grandfathered into whichever group is appropriate, with previous maximum levels being upgraded. This means that if you have an heirloom item that previously maxed out at level 85, it will now max out at 90.
User Interface 6.1
from what I understand, if we buy pre 6.1, it will be boost to 1/2 stage when 6.1 hit(in the tab).
the loom in our bag will also be GFed.

as for buy now or wait 6.1, I believe buy now if you have a p2p account, much more benefit so you don't have to spend more gold to upgrade til 1/2 . or what [MENTION=21934]Tryptozzar[/MENTION] said on another threat buy it if you need it for BIS your main/most play toons.
if you buy after 6.1, all looms will start at 0/2 stage. so much suitable if you are just a pure f2p or you want it just for your alt toons

Last edited by a moderator:
Darkmoon Hammer - Item - World of Warcraft dropped in price from 160 to 75 on PTR. I didn't see that any of the other DMF stuff dropped in price (besides heirlooms). I didn't see any new DMF items for purchase.

what about for pure f2p account? buy now or wait. ty.

I would recommend waiting for pure f2ps. You don't lose anything besides a month (hopefully only a month) of waiting, and you gain the potential ability of buying basically two heirlooms at the price of one. The people that would want to consider still buying at this point are those who either REALLY need the item or want the upgraded loom versions at a cheaper price than they will be later on.

thanks to OP for asking , I was pondering the same question after I read about heirloom changes on 6.1 PTR.

What about honor heirlooms? It seems that the resillience will be replaced by haste, so the pvp heirlooms will be a viable alternative to the pve heirlooms.
Do you think one should go ahead and spend honor or wait?
I am going to spend all my honor to (almost) complete my pvp heirloom collection. Even if pvp looms become cheaper in 6.1 its relatively fast to get honor from BG which is also more fun then DMF anyway.

I agree Chaoz that with DMF its probably better to wait until 6.1, unless you really need the heirloom. Moreover, there seem to be new neck heirlooms comming up, which will hopefully be available on DMF.

How about the guildlooms i.e. the legs? If I am a p2p account, should I buy them now or later..? seeing as they are quite expensive to buy all of them now, would I be smart in doing so if I would like them to be (1/2) or won't this change apply to them and they will be (1/2) later on as well?

Current 1-80 and 1-85 heirlooms will both unlock the 1-90 versions under the new system.
Buying the 1-80 versions is cheaper now than it will be after the new system is released, because at that time you'll need to buy a 1-60 version plus an upgrade, and will overall cost more tickets.

So really depends on what you want.

Okey thanks, that was the answer I was looking for! And I have decided to buy the guildlooms now, so that they will be 1-90 in the future without me having to buy upgrades for them! Thanks!

Neck looms are not on PTR's DMF. I've checked myself and no neck looms sold by DMF loom vendor. The only source for them is buying them for gold from Undecity/Ironforge loom vendors.

But they SHOULD be. I know they aren't, i am going to reTweet blizzard about this matter, using my Twitter account.

this is a pitty, but there is still hope they will be added to DMF, what do you think?

There is, actually, the Necklace boas are not "Guild" boas, and the BoAs that once required Justice Points are in the new vendor, witch sells them with gold , but they're in DMF too, so i see the necklaces coming to DMF as well.

Users who are viewing this thread