DMF - buy now or wait for 6.1?

From what I have seen 1-80 heirlooms will be downgraded to 1-60, the upgraded versions will be converted to 61-90 lvls and further upgrade of 91-100. What this means is, if all of your heirlooms have been upgraded and you do not have duplicates you may be "up the creek". Myself, I have been gettng duplicates of everything for quite sme time now. "Failing to plan is planning to fail"

/cheers
Sweetsidney

From what I have seen 1-80 heirlooms will be downgraded to 1-60, the upgraded versions will be converted to 61-90 lvls and further upgrade of 91-100. What this means is, if all of your heirlooms have been upgraded and you do not have duplicates you may be "up the creek". Myself, I have been gettng duplicates of everything for quite sme time now. "Failing to plan is planning to fail"

/cheers
Sweetsidney

sorry, I don't understand what you mean. For f2p's, It doesn't matter whether you have a 1-60 heirloom or a 1-90 (unless you want to show off, ofc).

sorry, I don't understand what you mean. For f2p's, It doesn't matter whether you have a 1-60 heirloom or a 1-90 (unless you want to show off, ofc).

That is basically all she meant.

Lowbie twinks won't be able to use upgraded heirlooms because they will be 61-90, not 1-90. Like the second tiered upgrades are 91-100.

if thats the case, you should be able to choose which one (1-60 or 61-90) to summon right? so do 61-90 versions count as a separate heirloom for achievement or the same?

Lowbie twinks won't be able to use upgraded heirlooms because they will be 61-90, not 1-90. Like the second tiered upgrades are 91-100.

Not true, when you upgrade a heirloom, what is supposed to happen is that the Maximum SHOULD be increased, so it can be 1-90.
The second tiered upgrades are about heirlooms that DROP in Siege of Orgrimmar. That is what i think, and what the current state actually is. If you have tried it on Public Test Realm, it MUST be a bug.

this might be useful

New base heirlooms purchased from vendors for gold in 6.1 scale from 1-60. If you've previously had a level 80 or 85 heirloom, it will turn into a level 90 heirloom in 6.1.

and this

and i just bought all the heirlooms from DMF for collection purposes

Last edited by a moderator:
Upon further review on the PTR, each heirloom s listed only ONCE regardless of it's stage of upgrade on the tab. ie. If you have a set of 1-80 shoulders and a set of 1-85 shoulders currently those get converted to a single 1-90 on the tab only. Your heirlooms remain in your bags.
The confusion I had was with the upgrade tokens that indicated 90-100. Meaning only an upper level toon can upgrade heirlooms, which has no relevance on lowbie twinking.

/cheers
Sweetsidney

One thing I did notice while tooling around on the PTR. The Alliance and Horde insignias cannot be shared. So be sure you have one of each, if you do not already.

Users who are viewing this thread