Dinged 40 accedently....

Chubah said:
No it's not possible, stop spreading this myth and giving people fake expectations. GMs are NOT able to edit your characters level, no matter how much you beg them, so don't waste your time asking for it. :)

This doesn't work either. Every single thing you do to your character is updated and stored in the blizzard database as a log. They can see a lot more stuff on your character or account then you do.

Either a nice big group of people have been lying on the forums or your logic is invalid. It has been done before and it is not a myth.

Chubah said:
No it's not possible, stop spreading this myth and giving people fake expectations. GMs are NOT able to edit your characters level, no matter how much you beg them, so don't waste your time asking for it. :)

This couldent be more wrong. There is a armory link here on TI that shows a lvl 19 twink with the lvl 20 achivment. It's nearly impossible to do but GMs are able to do it and if you make new tickets over and over i'm sure that someone will delevel your char.

Edit: The post i was talking about was on Pwndepot. Here it is (http://pwndepot.com/forum/10-19/20395-lvl-19-lvl-20-achievement.html). And even though the armory links doesnt work anymore you can read from the comments that it's legit.

That's exactly what I had in mind initialy that lvl 20 or 40 or whatever achiev, they can't just remove achievements. To be fair a GM, is not intellectually advanced enought and/or have the technicity to remove achievements, they just edit out the level like a barbarian. Dec '08 ok that's far back, I suppose since then they have made a table round and briefed people, not to do that, especially with the achievements problems, mount skills problems etc. Imo whatever GM does that, is either nuts, or planning to leave the company real soon, they have people that can check GM actions, internal affairs like kind of stuff. Unfortunately for them, they are not at the top of the food chain.

I could understand, eventually, that they would delevel someone who dinged orgrimmar with the 8 exp thing, that shouldn't be there, but poped after they rebuilt it. Now to make a real proper delevel without forgetting anything, quests lvl 20, mount etc, they can't... so they most likely won't.

A few candies giveaway doesn't last forever...

You have to realize those resets were done before you could disable exp-gain. Also saying GM's cant do this and do that is pretty stupid, there are many ranks within the gamemaster community and the top ones can pretty much do anything.

Blizzard do keep backups and doing a character-specific rollback is a far cry from impossibility. For example if there were real evidence if you getting hacked, and the hackers leveled your character I could with 95% certainty say that you would get a proper rollback. Unfortunately in a case of accidental level(with no one but one's self to blame) there is pretty quantum chance of a GM doing anything at all.

But c'est la vie! Best thing to do is just to move on, people have had larger and far worse losses, dwelling - which I hope you resist - is not helpful at all. Shamans for the win!

Users who are viewing this thread