I'm talking about Warlocks in general.

You can go full versa + haste on destro and immolate everything you see while throwing out fears.
It really depends on your playstyle my dude, what feels right when you play the class.

It can be frustrating not being able to get casts off in pvp because it takes too long. That's why haste is such a valuable stat at the moment. However because destro has a couple of instant casts and backdraft haste might not be the style you're looking for.

I think that ultimately you need to realise that many stat options are viable. You have to decide what playstyle you enjoy and optimise your stats around that.
I see, considering this, it seems that haste will be best. I can't stand standing still for a long time just to get interrupted at the last moment. Also, perhaps it was here, I read somewhere critical strike was nerfed in PvP, from 200% to 150%, so not taking critical strike will be even more appealing.

Guess I have just one more question, where does the primary stat go in the priority list, probably in front, but is this always the case for every class?

I see, considering this, it seems that haste will be best. I can't stand standing still for a long time just to get interrupted at the last moment. Also, perhaps it was here, I read somewhere critical strike was nerfed in PvP, from 200% to 150%, so not taking critical strike will be even more appealing.

Guess I have just one more question, where does the primary stat go in the priority list, probably in front, but is this always the case for every class?

Go Intellect>Versatility>Haste>Crit

You can't go wrong with this. You'll be tanky, casting quickly and hitting hard.

Intellect is always no.1 imo.

FWIW I'm not convinced that int is more important than vers for a lock.

Being a tanky fear turret is more important than your chaos bolt hitting for 330 instead of 320

Yeah... I guess.

It really does come down to how you play though. If you're doing a 10 v 10 premade twink cup style game then you wouldn't even roll a Warlock.

If you're doing pugs with friends and u have a pocket healer I'd be inclined to go for crit versatility just for the buzz of hitting hard with chaos bolt or conflagrate.

I think a good middle ground for anyone is to focus on Int>Versa>Haste>Crit.

The main reason I went with a warlock is because I see tons of the other 'OP' classes, so that's not fun in my opinion. I don't want to play games with: "Oh no, they have x class's, we will lose". Therefore I went with a warlock, I also have an elemental shaman, but if I recall correctly that specialization isn't very good either. If there is another class/specialization that is hardly ever played feel free to let me know!

No no, play lock. Just remember to play to it's strengths and don't try to make it something it's not.

If you enjoy off-meta picks, feral druid would probably be a ton of fun. Shadow priest is underrated at 20 (it's pretty strong at 29 though).

Okay, I will keep that in mind!

Oh, and I finished the list with gear:
Head: Krom'gar General's Linen Cowl
Neck: Hook Charm Necklace
Shoulders: Feline Mantle
Back: Cape of the Brotherhood
Chest: Gorestained Garb
Wrist: Cuffs of Black Elements
Hands: Gold-Flecked Gloves
Waist: Ghamoo-Ra's Bind
Legs: Leech Pants
Feet: Corpse Rompers
Finger 1: Silverlaine's Family Seal
Finger 2: Advisor's Ring
Trinket 1: Discerning Eye of the Best or Swift Hand of Justice
Trinket 2: Discerning Eye of the Best or Swift Hand of Justice
Weapon: Advisor's Gnarled Staff
Please let me know what you think!

luv you fatal ~<3
QL1xInw.png

This thread really took off! Restored my faith in humanity (Although it was never actually lost) by helping @JustinK. Keep it up guys!
Haha, that's great! I guess these kinds of threads aren't there that much, and if they are, they will probably not be about 'the least viable class' right now...

Haha, that's great! I guess these kinds of threads aren't there that much, and if they are, they will probably not be about 'the least viable class' right now...
They exist here and there, but usually for Overpowered Flavor of the Month classes (Warrior & Mage), and they rarely break 4-5 responses. I am going to echo @Chops's sentiment here. Good on you for rolling a F2P Warlock. Get real familiar with that Fear hotkey.

Edit: Also consider checking my Treasure Chest Hunting Guide:
https://xpoff.com/threads/fatal-treasure-chest-hunting-guide.78533/
You can get some Green BoE's that might have better stats than the Dungeon drops, if they drop as item level 24 or 25. Like the gloves on both of my priests:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/dalaran/Dîgger
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/bleeding-hollow/Gentlê

Last edited:
Reactions: hom
They exist here and there, but usually for Overpowered Flavor of the Month classes (Warrior & Mage), and they rarely break 4-5 responses. I am going to echo @Chops's sentiment here. Good on you for rolling a F2P Warlock. Get real familiar with that Fear hotkey.

Edit: Also consider checking my Treasure Chest Hunting Guide:
https://xpoff.com/threads/fatal-treasure-chest-hunting-guide.78533/
You can get some Green BoE's that might have better stats than the Dungeon drops, if they drop as item level 24 or 25.
Thanks!
However, I should tell you already. I am that guy that makes tons of characters but never finishes one, so I'll probably be back here within a week for another class...

Oh, I've got another question (Yeey!), should I take the imp or the voidwalker? And did someone already had the time to look at the gear list I posted (yes, I am very impatient)?

Okay, I will keep that in mind!

Oh, and I finished the list with gear:
Head: Krom'gar General's Linen Cowl
Neck: Hook Charm Necklace
Shoulders: Feline Mantle
Back: Cape of the Brotherhood
Chest: Gorestained Garb
Wrist: Cuffs of Black Elements
Hands: Gold-Flecked Gloves
Waist: Ghamoo-Ra's Bind
Legs: Leech Pants
Feet: Corpse Rompers
Finger 1: Silverlaine's Family Seal
Finger 2: Advisor's Ring
Trinket 1: Discerning Eye of the Best or Swift Hand of Justice
Trinket 2: Discerning Eye of the Best or Swift Hand of Justice
Weapon: Advisor's Gnarled Staff
Please let me know what you think!

This is an excellent place to start.

When the valentines day event rolls around, make sure you get the epic necklaces and I'd definitely use the haste trinkets, or the stam BoA trinkets, at least until brewfest comes around again and you get the brewfest trinkets (one vers and one stam).

This is an excellent place to start.

When the valentines day event rolls around, make sure you get the epic necklaces and I'd definitely use the haste trinkets, or the stam BoA trinkets, at least until brewfest comes around again and you get the brewfest trinkets (one vers and one stam).
Thanks, I'll work on it

Users who are viewing this thread