Departure Lounge Invitationals

So what's the word Franchi/Nastay? Are you interested in doing horde vs alliance wargames?

I don't have much interest myself, It's a bit easier with the player pool all being same faction to trade player and get some balanced games. I'd be down to try some alliance v alliance if the numbers are there.

edit - not saying it can't or won't happen, just that I'd like to work on getting these games a bit more improved in terms of class comp and balance of skill, and its super easy when you pull from a 18 person online guild and bnet friends.

I don't have much interest myself, It's a bit easier with the player pool all being same faction to trade player and get some balanced games. I'd be down to try some alliance v alliance if the numbers are there.

edit - not saying it can't or won't happen, just that I'd like to work on getting these games a bit more improved in terms of class comp and balance of skill, and its super easy when you pull from a 18 person online guild and bnet friends.

Exactly, once we can field a 40 man AV squad regularly FC, Dom and I will work on the alliance guild and a few months after once most guildies have mirroed their horde toons with alliance toons then we should be able to do wargames with alliance with ease.

As it stands now its to much of a pain, just picking teams and balancing comps horde side only STILL takes 20+ minutes and that is when we can straight up trade players between teams. Sure ive got failiance mirrors for my toons, and a few others do, but until we get that near 60% of participants it's just gonna be a massive headache.

Last edited by a moderator:
In Mop we had planned to do horde vs alliance, a lot of us even built horde toons specifically to play wargames, but because of the wargame feature requiring face to face contact, it was far too difficult to to get a team from each faction on different servers to meet face to face. Now we can do it without needing to be face to face, it would be a lot easier to organize two teams and then queue.

Also, I understand how much effort it takes to organize teams. We did it for months in MoP, and it only got more difficult as the number of interested people grew. However, I think you would agree with me that organizing 20 people for wargames is much better than the shit show of random queues...

In Mop we had planned to do horde vs alliance, a lot of us even built horde toons specifically to play wargames, but because of the wargame feature requiring face to face contact, it was far too difficult to to get a team from each faction on different servers to meet face to face. Now we can do it without needing to be face to face, it would be a lot easier to organize two teams and then queue.

Also, I understand how much effort it takes to organize teams. We did it for months in MoP, and it only got more difficult as the number of interested people grew. However, I think you would agree with me that organizing 20 people for wargames is much better than the shit show of random queues...

Willy you are never going to get an invite EVER

You have insulted and pissed of to many people.

You flat out called me and others liars for PAGES in another thread about BM's when you had not even PLAYED a game @ 29 since WoD and couldn't be bothered to log into your own BM.

You have never apologized to ANYONE for YEARS of this ongoing insult ladden stupidity or trolling (take your pick on which it has been).

I am friends with donteventri, and yet I can't stand to even HEAR your name. I am not even the person with the biggest problem with you.

GIVE IT UP!

The entire point of these games is to have fun without toxic personalities, drama and trash talking, you ARE a toxic personality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Franchi, I honestly don't know what your problem is. I have never been able to sit down and have a casual conversation with you about anything. It wouldn't matter if I wasn't trolling or insulting people because you always respond with the nuclear option. Right now, you're at a 10, when you need to be at a 2. You take things way too seriously, as if I just assaulted both your grandmother's and told you your mother is next.

I would have zero problems apologizing to people if I actually meant to wrong them. Unfortunately, you appear to be the same person you were years ago, incapable of letting things go or moving on emotionally. If you were serious about this thread, about organizing war games on a regular basis, my question about doing Horde vs Alliance games was not uncalled for.

There are many people who have toons they might want to play, and with more numbers comes more diversity in skill and class representation. If you're willing to let go of this ridiculous attitude, I'm willing to donate my time to help organize Alliance numbers for future war games.

Even if it ends up being a complete shit show, I'd like to put forth the effort, even if only for science reasons. If successful, it could become something much bigger than the 29 community has at the moment. Something much bigger than your or I.

Don't you think you can set aside the petty BS for something bigger than yourself? I can.

Ball is in your court.

You take things way too seriously

Person A doesn't really have the moral right to tell Person B how seriously they should take something. Common respect and empathy indicate that Person A should accept that Person B's reality is as real for them as their own is to themselves.

I would have zero problems apologizing to people if I actually meant to wrong them.

Related to the first point. Please read this article on Intent vs Impact.

Ball is in your court.

It seems like the people in this thread have already made it clear they don't want your help or participation. They are not obligated to include you if they don't want, and you calling them out for being petty or childish rather than accepting the decision which they have the right and agency to make, is only going to come back and bite you.

You're lucky Laurasia got to this thread before I did, because I can see deleted posts and I know how this got started. Walk away from this thread, without further comment, towards me or towards them, and you might manage to avoid getting your third infraction from this incident.

God damn it why do I come into threads and find myself defending Willix...

I don't think anyone has a reason to fault the guy for offering to help organize some alliance players for wargames.

Maybe it's because the thread was cleaned up (I thought i was more the mopping of HB and replys out than anything I saw Willix do), but all I see is a reasonable question, that I answered. I guess when you start cleaning threads the people just need to have faith that Willix exploded with fury and went on a murder spree.

I for one am capable of politely explaining my reasoning for not having much interest in Ally v Horde, primarily that if one side starts alley-ooping and dunking the other side... We're either going to have to ask people to leave, good or bad. Whenever I'm involved I'm asking the question after every game of "How can we make this better, do we need to switch players around?". It's trickier when some people don't have other characters. You may be right, maybe we can get enough players with alt faction toons that it won't matter.

I agree with [MENTION=1622]Ohai[/MENTION]. [MENTION=12370]willix[/MENTION] was not the problem here. Sure he tried to bait me in for some troll posts, but I nipped that in the bud by calling [MENTION=8138]Kincaide[/MENTION], tagging them in a post to see if our two comments are within the CoC. I would still like clarification, and I talked to [MENTION=6085]Laurasia[/MENTION] at length about it last night. HB on the other hand immediately started trolling, and that post remains.

But when a mod is called, they shouldn't just start at the top of the page and start deleting posts without reading the entire thread. This has happened THREE times in the last week. Can we please have a location to talk about this?

Yes, you are not all privy to the full story of who said what, what got deleted, and who got warnings or infractions. That's why Shane included in the CoC that moderator actions are not to be publicly discussed. You don't have the whole picture.

What you do have is pretty clear directions in the CoC, to wit: If people are talking shit at each other, and clearly not in a chummy, competition-inspiring way which we are now allowing at y'all's request, then actions are going to be taken. I've grown tired of how sometimes the same people who give us grief over taking action against them when we feel they've crossed the line, are the same people who give us grief when we don't take action when they feel someone else has crossed the line. My tolerance for the bickering and spitefulness in general is at an all-time low, so all of you clean up your act and stay productive and on-topic.

Yes, you are not all privy to the full story of who said what, what got deleted, and who got warnings or infractions. That's why Shane included in the CoC that moderator actions are not to be publicly discussed. You don't have the whole picture.

What you do have is pretty clear directions in the CoC, to wit: If people are talking shit at each other, and clearly not in a chummy, competition-inspiring way which we are now allowing at y'all's request, then actions are going to be taken. I've grown tired of how sometimes the same people who give us grief over taking action against them when we feel they've crossed the line, are the same people who give us grief when we don't take action when they feel someone else has crossed the line. My tolerance for the bickering and spitefulness in general is at an all-time low, so all of you clean up your act and stay productive and on-topic.

Jk washed up 29s 2k8 riperroni

My tolerance for the bickering and spitefulness in general is at an all-time low, so all of you clean up your act and stay productive and on-topic.

Jk washed up 29s 2k8 riperroni

Hmm.

We have to use our best judgment on when a person is being spiteful and personal, and when a person is trying to promote and challenge and increase competitiveness. We're not going to always make decisions that align with the way any individual sees it. I know how you feel, I've read your reports, but it's not related to who is making the comments; it's related to what they appear to be trying to do with their comments, and also, to a large degree, what response the community makes to those comments. You guys have asked for less moderation, and more opportunity to self-regulate, which is great, and speaking for myself, I feel like the community' responses to the post were as effective as a moderator would have been. You guys sometimes say we do too much, and sometimes say we don't do enough. If we manage to land somewhere in between those two, we're probably pretty well on the mark.

Users who are viewing this thread