Deepwind Gorge achievement at any level.

artonkn

aaaaa
I know many of you love achievements, so here, have another.

Puddle Jumper - Achievement - World of Warcraft

You might think, 'Hang on, we can't get in there?'. But that doesn't matter.

In southern barrens there is a goblin mine, the cave icon south of Desolation Hold (40,77), and for some reason the game thinks it is Deepwind Gorge, you can't flying mount there, and if you fly above, you fall. So for this you need a friend with a 2 seat flyer, they fly you there, about 30 feet above to be safe, then go over it, and you both fall and get the achi.

Semi proof of this : I am level 88, and can't enter the BG yet. http://i.imgur.com/RhoTf1R.jpg

Someone else's reddit post here : Found an interesting bug in the Southern Barrens today : wow

Last edited by a moderator:
sweet, gonna try this when i get home :3

good find, will take it on as soon as I finish ICC!
Btw, question: I did 10 normal ICC few weeks before, today went for 25 for achieves, but friend wants to kill LK at 10hc, so we did all bosses and at the end changed to 10hc, and we couldnt do it. Made new group and we still cant change it to 10hc, if we change to 10hc it is at 10 normal.

heres a picture of me getting the acheivment on my main and my F2P at the same time at this spot
http://i.imgur.com/XSAI0eo.jpg

NOTE: its kind of tricky to find the right spot once you see you have the preparation buff you get in BG's your in the right spot, just have the flyer move to the left/right a bit fly up and then slide back to where you had the buff

Work fine. thanks.

You dont need a flyer to do this btw, you can run up the hill a little bit and jump down.

Yeah, just did it solo. But jumping off the hill took quite a few tries before I got the positioning right.

Tried the same thing with safe parachutes and it didnt work :( , did you not use any slow falls?

Tried the same thing with safe parachutes and it didnt work :( , did you not use any slow falls?

No, i just went up a little bit and jumped down and got it on first try.

i was in ghost wolf though

Glad you managed to do it. :p
For those trying to solo. The key is to aim for the protruding parts of the roof - as long as you touch the 3d model of the mine entrance it counts. No slow fall needed (though I used a great elekk, not sure if mount makes any difference here).

I also like how you become invincible there. Get those Frazzlecraz Foremen and Miners to aggro and watch how your health points stop decreasing at 1 hp. ;d
Too bad getting the 300k damage/healing achievement doesn't work. :/

I can "confirm" dmg control isn't possible and that this achieve is very easy. I just did the double jump and got it on like my 3rd try with oldpsike.

Oddly enough after hitting spike for 300k dmg in the cave I got no achieve (thought I would :( ) which doesn't make since because if you check my stats it clearly shows at the very bottom that I have 53 kills in DWG which means it counts as the bg completely. Not quite sure why if it counts as the bg I wasn't able to get dmg control but atleast I got one achieve outa it :)

I have 53 kills in DWG which means it counts as the bg completely. Not quite sure why if it counts as the bg I wasn't able to get dmg control but atleast I got one achieve outa it :)

:O thats kinda funny.

What did you get to on just the mobs? Because maybe it just doesnt count when you are doing dps on me? maybe you should try and get to 300k on the mobs, since it seems that they count as being in the BG.

My guess is that the system doesn't count it as a (single) battle while the preparation buff is up. The jump achievement just takes area into consideration, while the 300k achievement has the additional condition of "in a single battle".

I let 20~ miners plow my priest until I healed myself for 700k hoping that the system would eventually change its mind. :(

Users who are viewing this thread