10-19 Darkchewie's 19 FC Resto Druid Gear Guide

Re: Darkchewie's 19 Guardian Druid Guide - Warlords of Draenor

Thanks for confirming.

It doesn't actually give 6 Stam, the tooltip is incorrect.

Im curious, would you prefer to use Blackened Defias Armor - Item - World of Warcraft instead for the 5 piece set bonus?

Getsdaflag @ Shu'halo - Community - World of Warcraft

Yes, I know it's outdated by a long way. Let me know what I can improve on. I'm sure I have tons of extra gear in the bank too.

Nope you'll only want the 2 piece. I would copy my set as close as you can. If you don't have grizzled boots you can always use blackened defias boots to get the 2 piece and go back to using BOA legs over blackened defias legs

Also might want to add there's no point FCing as guardian as of 6.0.2 :D

• Tanks now take 25% additional damage while engaged in PvP combat.

they finally did that?

they finally did that?

I don't know how long it's been live, but yesterday I was getting 1k ambush noncrits, 242 EF crits etc as guardian, without debuffs or the rogue having zerker. Doesn't happen as non-tank. Also tested it today with fists of fury, I took significantly more damage as guardian than resto in duel.

I don't know how long it's been live, but yesterday I was getting 1k ambush noncrits, 242 EF crits etc as guardian, without debuffs or the rogue having zerker. Doesn't happen as non-tank. Also tested it today with fists of fury, I took significantly more damage as guardian than resto in duel.
so now you gotta go feral or resto to fc

Yeah i'll be updating the guide soon to reflect FCing and not specifically guardian. I've already made the swap to Resto spec and updated my gear accordingly.. anyone wondering what to use can just check out my armory.

The guide is now updated to reflect the changes that occurred in Patch 6.1.

Sweet, you forgot off-hand though, I assume it's furblog?

Yup! Just added it, thanks for the heads up.

Darklumiya
what changes do you propose a resto druid should make who's looking to FC and also play resto healing in pugs?

I noticed your FC set is stacking versatility, where as for a healing resto druid it would make more sense to stack haste correct?

With stillwater's and argas for those whom don't have SoS being included in both the FC set and the resto healing set, would you suggest putting either versatility on it and using it for fcing and then swapping to something else + haste on it for off healing? or do you suggest the inverse of that (finding something else for fcing and putting haste on stillwater's to use exclusively as resto healing set)

Would Blood Ring + Versa and DPR + Versa for FCing and then Stillwater's + Haste and Argas + Haste for healing be a fine set up? Or does stillwater's scale too much for it to not be FC set?

thank you kindly

Last edited by a moderator:

Darklumiyawhat changes do you propose a resto druid should make who's looking to FC and also play resto healing in pugs?I noticed your FC set is stacking versatility, where as for a healing resto druid it would make more sense to stack haste correct?With stillwater's and argas for those whom don't have SoS being included in both the FC set and the resto healing set, would you suggest putting either versatility on it and using it for fcing and then swapping to something else + haste on it for off healing? or do you suggest the inverse of that (finding something else for fcing and putting haste on stillwater's to use exclusively as resto healing set)Would Blood Ring + Versa and DPR + Versa for FCing and then Stillwater's + Haste and Argas + Haste for healing be a fine set up? Or does stillwater's scale too much for it to not be FC set?thank you kindly
i would most likely use dpr and argas with haste for healing and then stillwaters and garroshs pardon with vers for fcing..Id also swap to tarantula belt for resto healing and potentially the boa chest (if you're positive you won't get hit)

i would most likely use dpr and argas with haste for healing and then stillwaters and garroshs pardon with vers for fcing..Id also swap to tarantula belt for resto healing and potentially the boa chest (if you're positive you won't get hit)

Off the top of your head, do you remember what these items scale to?

Off the top of your head, do you remember what these items scale to?

Pretty sure dpr is 5 Stam 3 crit 3 haste
garrosh is 5/5
argas is 6int/5 Stam
stillwaters is 5 Stam 3 crit 2 int

Pretty sure dpr is 5 Stam 3 crit 3 haste
garrosh is 5/5
argas is 6int/5 Stam
stillwaters is 5 Stam 3 crit 2 int

So in theory I could do garrosh + dpr for fcing with versatility and then argas and stillwaters with haste for healing. For someone who's going to be solo queuing wouldn't it make more sense to use the crit from stillwater's to fulfill resto healing bis along with the extra int from argas rather than to use the extra int and crit on FC set?

I know the changes are so minute but I'm sure several people whom solo queue would be in a similar boat where they are not sure if sacrificing resto healing gear for bonus FC material would be worth it if you see what I'm saying.

dm ring with haste can be used and dpr/argas/pardon

personally I use - dpr/argas for fc and dpr/pardon for healing - vers/vers - haste/haste

personally I use - dpr/argas for fc and dpr/pardon for healing - vers/vers - haste/haste

See I feel like it would make sense to do DPR + Garrosh for fcing and then Stillwater's + Argas for healing since the int will give higher rejuv tics for healing set which would be nice. Haste is already stacked highly in healing set so if you use dpr I feel as though the haste isn't much of a gain but the 3 crit + int from stillwater's would be nice for healing.

I really don't mean to be entering a guide and question the OP or anything, I'm just trying to figure out what would be best for me and if it makes sense / if I'm missing something.

I'd rather get the most out of my healing set before sacrificing some of it for secondary contributions for FC set if you get what I'm saying.

TLDR I feel like DPR + Garrosh for FCing and then Stillwaters + Argas for healing makes more sense to me unless I'm missing something

Edit but with crit being so low on resto druids, maybe it would make more sense to go Garrosh + Stillwaters for fcing and then DPR + Argas for healing?

id personally use dpr + stillwater for fcing and garrosh + argas for healing if double argas isnt an option.

This makes a lot of sense to me too. If you were to use DPR over Garrosh for healing, you're losing roughly 18 healing from your regrowth and only reducing your cast time by .01 with the 3 haste from DPR.

The +3 crit for stillwaters for healing is ignorable I feel like...

But the int bonuses to your regrowth for doing argasx2 or argas + garrosh seems more significant than either the crit bonus from stillwaters+dpr, or the haste bonus from DPR.

I'd do dpr+pardon with vers and then argas stillwaters assuming you don't want to xfer

Users who are viewing this thread