Cost of a 70 twink?

I've looked around and haven't found any answers at all regarding this. I've seen people say they've spent 40k on eng... So will I need to transfer an 85 to the guild I join as well?

Depends on how lucky you are with engi, and how much the gems you need cost..

Why would you need to take a 85 with?

I would say.. get BiS before transfering..

I myself only spent 3k and got tazik first try. But I was very lucky, might take a few tries. I would go gnome if you can. You get 3 chances for a tinker at 70 if you are gnome whereas if you are any other race you get 1 chance.

Depends on how lucky you are with engi, and how much the gems you need cost..

Why would you need to take a 85 with?

I would say.. get BiS before transfering..

This is why I ask before I do stuff, I wouldn't have even thought of that ^^

I myself only spent 3k and got tazik first try. But I was very lucky, might take a few tries. I would go gnome if you can. You get 3 chances for a tinker at 70 if you are gnome whereas if you are any other race you get 1 chance.

Definitely going gnome if that is the case

I spent roughly 30k to my mage.

That sucks, can I play a healer and try to avoid engineering? Or is engineering the most important on EVERY class?

If you plan on pvping, then yes ENG should be 1 of your main things.

I've spent 1k? on Eng. Got Tazik on 1st try. Lvling eng depends on your server, if AH is OP, then you pay more, if not, then less.

On my rogue : Sushibanks, I've spent over 650k gold buying stuff

If you plan on pvping, then yes ENG should be 1 of your main things.

I've spent 1k? on Eng. Got Tazik on 1st try. Lvling eng depends on your server, if AH is OP, then you pay more, if not, then less.

On my rogue : Sushibanks, I've spent over 650k gold buying stuff

Hmm okay thanks, im going gnome for the 3 tinkers... Is there a specific item I can check in the auction house to see which is the cheapest? I guess since I am looking for a guild I coukd just ask guild members on each realm, too bad the only guild on my realm is French ^^

Don't forget Sushi buys TCG shit and stuff
<
(I wish he would give me some) So depending on your class you can make a fine twink spending anywhere from 2-6k depending on your luck. Hope this helped <3

It'll depend on what you want to 'put into' your twink. You can get an entire set of PvP gear from the vendors. Gems for 220 Justice points each. (Exchange 350 Honor for 250 JP, or vice versa). And engineering/professions depend on the server. 1000g - 8000g, somewhere in there. And of course, it'll cost extra to put 'special' things into your twink, Brown bear from dalaran, Mechano-hog, Kalytha's haunted locket, BiS Boes, Etc.

Don't forget Sushi buys TCG shit and stuff
<
(I wish he would give me some) So depending on your class you can make a fine twink spending anywhere from 2-6k depending on your luck. Hope this helped <3

You say depending on your class... I plan on playing gnome ONLY because of the 3 tinkers (I direly need it, knowing my luck). I don't really mind what I play, so which would be the cheapest out of rogue, priest, or mage? I'm playing with a warrior and honestly I feel like any of those could make for fun BGs/arenas. Perhaps I should consult the guild I would like to join
<
)

It'll depend on what you want to 'put into' your twink. You can get an entire set of PvP gear from the vendors. Gems for 220 Justice points each. (Exchange 350 Honor for 250 JP, or vice versa). And engineering/professions depend on the server. 1000g - 8000g, somewhere in there. And of course, it'll cost extra to put 'special' things into your twink, Brown bear from dalaran, Mechano-hog, Kalytha's haunted locket, BiS Boes, Etc.

That's good to know. I like special things after a while, but if I only need 1k-8k to make a normal twink, awesome. I read about people spending 40-80k and I was like WTF?!

Hmm okay thanks, im going gnome for the 3 tinkers... Is there a specific item I can check in the auction house to see which is the cheapest? I guess since I am looking for a guild I coukd just ask guild members on each realm, too bad the only guild on my realm is French ^^

If you play US, you can come to Perenolde, me and Shale(Rolls) can help you out
<

If you play US, you can come to Perenolde, me and Shale(Rolls) can help you out
<

I have an account with battlechest on US but that is all. Would I need to get both WotLK & Cata? Not sure if I can pay another $100 on this game to make a 70 twink
<

That's a really kind offer regardless though! I'm in US so I would be on the same timezone ^^

This is what I'd say :

Getting gears : BGs/Raids

Getting gems : BGs (convert honnor to justice, then buy the gems)

Getting the enchants and glyphs : might cost around 1K - 1K5

Getting both professions maxed out : (I hardly recommand you to use wow-professions to see what you should do in order to grind those professions with a minimal cost)

- Engineering : around 5K-6K

- Jewelcrafting : around 5K-8K

Getting the epic flying mount + all the licenses needed : around 6K

It gives you a total of : 17K-21K5 golds

PS : It'll cost only 12K5-15K5 if you don't get the epic flying mount.

All rng, id say a good 20k if ur lucky with engi, see from there. It is mostly time that crawls into it, doing runs for bis gear n stuff, so boring

Is it going from 8k-20k because of the differing prices in realms? I do care a lot so i would spend the 10k and transfer but it sounds like you say 20k for 1 set if I'm lucky?

I say 10k because I probably wont need a second set. Im doing this with a friend and he would really like me to play mage. If I play priest I will spend 15k total for a new set

Is it going from 8k-20k because of the differing prices in realms? I do care a lot so i would spend the 10k and transfer but it sounds like you say 20k for 1 set if I'm lucky?

I say 10k because I probably wont need a second set. Im doing this with a friend and he would really like me to play mage. If I play priest I will spend 15k total for a new set

U will want to take as much gold as u can, cause U will want to change spec etc sometimes, get some other items, try other gems etc. Gold cap is 20k for 70 transfer so gl

i spent zero gold on my warrior rofl srubs. ive got like 3-5k from my war lol.

minning + skinning till you lvlup, farm a few more after you are 70 if you need to.

drop proffs and get a free eng and leatherw.

buy JP from honor from the other full honor capped twinks get free gems in dalaran. friend JC (or just pay 100g to someone)

save greens from the tbc and wotlk drops/proffs when you lvlup em.

friend enchanter D/E'd items, you get full chants.

make your own sunwell / bt raids (if you are not retarded and know how to use /who mage 85).

profit.

/fuckyeah

Users who are viewing this thread