legendary's are luck. Glad mounts, old unobtainable things were skill

Oliks said:
^Your links didnt work :(

it was a joke, i dont care enough to get all the armories

oh yeah.. throw this one in

9/9 t3, atiesh, s2 Glad Priest <insert link here>

Pogibija said:
legendary's are luck. Glad mounts, old unobtainable things were skill

glad mounts have been and will be win traded for. what old things? anyone could have gotten naxx items during BC with help from 70s. scarab lord back in the day was just a matter of being in a sick guild and/or transferring to a server that hadnt opened the gates yt so you could strike the gong

Falkor said:
glad mounts have been and will be win traded for. what old things? anyone could have gotten naxx items during BC with help from 70s. scarab lord back in the day was just a matter of being in a sick guild and/or transferring to a server that hadnt opened the gates yt so you could strike the gong

So everything in this game is meaningless and requires no skill to obtain. Maybe, just maybe there are people who got their gladiators fair and square without wintrading. Can't argue about Scarab Lord though. Didn't really take skill, but hella lot effort to get it back in the days. Anyway I still raise hat to people who I see running around with Black Q'raji Battle Tank. Maybe they got it via lame actions but who cares, the title and mount both are still huge ego boost.

Friyn said:
So everything in this game is meaningless and requires no skill to obtain.

pretty much....unless you can prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that they got their gear during the appropriate time (for legendary/t3 talk), didnt win trade (glad mounts), get completely carried by a team (rbgs/arena/pve) etc. then yea, its pretty meaningless and takes no skill to obtain.

not exactly hard to throw a funwell/bt pug together and get BC legendaries. the vanilla legendaries arent very hard to make either, just depends on how long it takes to farm bindings for tf and how much gold you wanna spend on crafting shit vs farming shit for either tf or hor.

Friyn said:
Maybe, just maybe there are people who got their gladiators fair and square without wintrading. Can't argue about Scarab Lord though. Didn't really take skill, but hella lot effort to get it back in the days. Anyway I still raise hat to people who I see running around with Black Q'raji Battle Tank. Maybe they got it via lame actions but who cares, the title and mount both are still huge ego boost.

now obviously there are exceptions to the rule. but theres just so many easy to get "cool" items from the past and ways to cheat into stuff in the present that it takes away from the impressiveness when you think of it as a whole. like scarab lord is cool but has nothing to do with the skill of the individual considering the amount of guild and server wide events during the process, it just took a bit of determination and hoping that you were able to benefit from every ones time. but i guess thats just my opinion, i just dont rly get any satisfaction from seeing these "cool" armories with people sporting glaives and thoridal...just so..so, meh

Friyn said:
So everything in this game is meaningless and requires no skill to obtain. Maybe, just maybe there are people who got their gladiators fair and square without wintrading. Can't argue about Scarab Lord though. Didn't really take skill, but hella lot effort to get it back in the days. Anyway I still raise hat to people who I see running around with Black Q'raji Battle Tank. Maybe they got it via lame actions but who cares, the title and mount both are still huge ego boost.

Also its not uncommon for people to buy their cool stuff from other players and really thats quite rampant at 70

Well I guess you have a point. Pretty much all oldschool 'cool' items can be easily farmed now. Especially TBC items, weapons etc have kind of lost their meaning. I've seen dozens of glaives and thori'dals on terrible players, not to mention t6. If you ask me season3 set is one of the few sets that's still "cool" since you can't no longer obtain it. Not like you had to be super skilled to get it back in TBC, but still it's atleast worth something(got full s3 on my main <3).

Vanilla legendaries...meh wont even bother. Lucky scumbag friend of mine farmed both TF and Sulfuras in 4 weeks and is now boosting MC to my alts.

From what I've learned about TBC gladiators, those aren't really worth anything. I've seen plenty of old BC gladiators, some of them even were #1 who can't break 2k rating anymore, or have like 400 games played. That's just sad, shows how retarted 2v2 was with all the skillheralds and lolmanadrains. Not saying that all of them are bad though.

lol @ people getting mad over glad and stuff they don't have. You can stay to your rng luck. Go tell reckful he traded wins for top glad in hardest battleground every season, not all of us that get glad have to win trade :]

Pogibija said:
lol @ people getting mad over glad and stuff they don't have. You can stay to your rng luck. Go tell reckful he traded wins for top glad in hardest battleground every season, not all of us that get glad have to win trade :]

you aren't a gladiator. that is all.

Not sure what y'all consider cool, and I only play 70s once or twice a week. But I noticed Qpac is only a couple of days away from landing the Battlemaster title. Most of those achievements require just time and luck, but some definitely need coordination, which is a weak spot in the 70-74 bracket.

Bwappo said:
Not sure what y'all consider cool, and I only play 70s once or twice a week. But I noticed Qpac is only a couple of days away from landing the Battlemaster title. Most of those achievements require just time and luck, but some definitely need coordination, which is a weak spot in the 70-74 bracket.

I pulled battlemaster back in january at 70 and that was hell since sota just became a new bg 70s could get but that title seems more lame nowadays since they nerfed many of the toughest achieves

Users who are viewing this thread