conor mcgoat - 1000, floyd - -10

gj u irish fuck i lost 200 euros coz of u now, damn cant even ko that fool..

Uncle Ben called the fight too early should of put an mma ref in there who knows what these men can do before giving up sad ending to a good fight
I know right, way to ruin a fight. Whats with the early stoppage with boxing refs. Feels like they stop the fight when they start getting hit...

It was fatigue that had conor there not the punches, similar to the Nate fight. Wtb a ref that will stop a fight when the fighter cant fight anymore.

21078862_1385447098243579_5615339798242999148_n.jpg

Attachments

• 21078862_1385447098243579_5615339798242999148_n.jpg
    21078862_1385447098243579_5615339798242999148_n.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 88
wtf was mcgregor doing anyway, the punches he threw couldnt hurt a fly

Ask goodx/ohai since they're r1 boxing experts lul

Rofl I am far from a boxing expert, casual at best. I just knew conor was going to fade, that floyd's cardio is absurd, and that boxing is a joke -the ref was gonna stop it early. I far perfer MMA ruleset where they really give you a chance to stay in it. At least let him hit the canvas :/

That said yeah I bet like ~$350 in bitcoin between Floyd ML, Floyd TKO, and Floyd in rounds 8,9,10,11. I got about ~$760 back (including my wagers) after the win. Not quite what I pulled in betting on Nate Diaz in the first fight. I was happy to see Conor represent so well against such a great boxer. I was getting worried the tough son of a bitch was gonna take it to a decision and fuck me tbh.

A few things to take from the fight. I see some casuals in here, so, might as well set them straight.

1. Conor exceeded expectations of the snobby purists. So big fuuck you to them.

2. Conor hurt Floyd with a nice liver shot in the 9th, a round that Conor was winning up til the last 45 seconds or so, that the ref called a low blow, and let Mayweather reset for. Some bullshit that is now a coulda woulda shoulda pivotal moment. I'm not surprised, though. It's part of what comes with the sport of boxing, especially when you're fighting against Floyd. In addition to that, the ref dropped the ball yet again, by resetting the fight when Floyd intentionally turned his back twice.

3. Conor landed more shots in 10 rounds, than 9 other fighters who made it to the 12 round with Floyd. He also landed several solid shots throughout the bout. It was competitive, make no mistake about it. I had 4 rounds for McGregor, and 5 for Floyd, heading into 10th.

4. Conor's biggest issue wasn't Floyd dissecting him, so much as it was Conor's known stamina issue killing his gas tank from the mid point onward. Which brings me to my last point. Yes, as some people have stated, including Conor, the stoppage was premature. Conor has a tendency to wane in the later rounds, and essentially look exhausted and "hurt", before catching that second wind, and staying just enough in the fight to where he's returning shots and staying busy. Some people claimed that before Conor was TKO'ed, he hadn't thrown a shot in a minute. That is a flat out fib. I went back and watched the tapes. The last punch he threw was 20 seconds prior to the stoppage. You use that same ref for the Diaz rematch, and we probably never see a trilogy fight happen. You cannot hurt Conor. The guy has a steel cage for a noggin.

But, with that said, Conor did indeed lose the fight. So, to all of the pseudo-intellectuals who said they called it that Conor would lose to the greatest boxer of all time, in Floyd Mayweather. Pat yourselves on the back. You're all phenomenal fight analysts. ESPN should give you a ring.

Last edited:
Seems pretty unprofessional to me that Conor didn't prepare sufficiently for this fight. He started gassing hard in the 9th round of a 12 round fight. Why even come if you're not going to be in shape to compete (Yea, I know, for tens of millions of dollars)?

Seems pretty unprofessional to me that Conor didn't prepare sufficiently for this fight. He started gassing hard in the 9th round of a 12 round fight. Why even come if you're not going to be in shape to compete (Yea, I know, for tens of millions of dollars)?
It's not that he didn't prepare properly I think, but he said himself that it's something mentally that he gets gassed and wobbles mid fight and waits for a second wind. He really needs to search deeper into what could help him get a top shape. Maybe it's something in his body/head holding him back or maybe he just doesn't do his cardio well.

Last edited:
I read a couple of hours ago that the refs scored it 8-1 rounds for floyd so there you can see how biased they are. I gave conor atleast 3-4 rounds.

Last edited:
Mayweather productions is a multi-hundred-million dollar machine. They have the money to have eyes & ears everywhere. There is no way in seven hells that they would have put him up against anyone with a fleafart's chance in hell of making it 49-1. Mac did better than some thought, but clearly came out prepared for a 3 or maybe 5 round fight, not 12.

Users who are viewing this thread