Confirmed 5.3 info for F2Ps

Rawr 5.3 need to hurry up and happen . It's probably a good thing it hasn't though cause then I would have an even harder time studying for finals

New Build 16921: This is not a release build, earliest likely release 14-May

20's still have 40% resilience
20's still have 45% battle fatigue

My current resilience on full pvp boa'd priest - 53.7%, on the PTR - 44.57%
Shammy with pvp caster mace and other pvp boas - 51.87%, on the PTR - 43.87%

No heirloom shields or off hands at DMF on ptr. Ran Ragefire chasm to see if it got changed, it didn't.

My current resilience on full pvp boa'd priest - 53.7%, on the PTR - 44.57%
Shammy with pvp caster mace and other pvp boas - 51.87%, on the PTR - 43.87%

No heirloom shields or off hands at DMF on ptr. Ran Ragefire chasm to see if it got changed, it didn't.

So BoA-shields won't be added in 5.3? I interpreted it as Blizzard almost "promised" they'd be added in 5.3, they were even supposed to have come by 5.2...

sorry for the confusion. They are available for JP, 2175 if my memory serves me. I've been saving back DMF tickets to buy them and they don't look like they are available from DMF yet.

New Build 16924: This is not a release build, earliest likely release 21-May

20's still have 40% resilience
20's still have 45% battle fatigue

--Some damage buffs were reverted, you should check your class on ptr for more info

What is in PTR: Resilience nerfed, but still present on BoA's : live 1 res ~ 0.638%, PTR 1 res = 0.202%

What Blizzard says:
Question - (Airflow, Dun Modr):
What is the objective of allowing resilience gems and resilience enchants in a pvp set? We have experienced that right now everything that adds resilience to your gear is useless. Are you going to improve resilience gems and enchantments to make them more appealing to use or are you going to remove it over time?

Answer - (Systems Design Team):
As we said above in regard to heirlooms, we wanted to evaluate the Resilience changes in 5.4 before propagating them through every system in the game. It could be that we redesign Resilience gems and enchants in patch 5.4. Keep in mind that the relative survivability you get from those gems and enchants has not changed, even though the numbers are smaller. If you enjoyed 10% less damage before, you still will now.

Why got resilience nerfed then? o_O

And this can be useful too, I don't know if someone already posted it.
Question - (Voidmoon, Stormreaver):
In patch 5.3, all resilience is being removed from gear. Does this include the PvP heirlooms? If it does, will we be replacing the stats with something else that is useful?

Answer - (Systems Design Team):
We did not remove Resilience from heirlooms for patch 5.3. If we feel like the other Resilience changes in 5.3 are successful, then we might go back and look at the lower-level PvP gear, including heirlooms. One option is to replace the Resilience with PvP Power. Also keep in mind that the 65% Resilience is at level 90; it will be smaller at lower character levels, where the presence of Resilience on gear can still provide some benefits.

Later (5.4+) we may have PvP power on BoA-s.

live 1 res ~ 0.638%, PTR 1 res = 0.202%

--SNIP
If you enjoyed 10% less damage before, you still will now.

I am confused. Am I missing something? I show a ~68% nerf (if PTR is accurate).

Idk how you think it's balanced in your constant premades with phron faith zara and some other 24 1 shotting anything in sight but if you say so

Keywords are "Overall in Comparison..."
Perhaps I should have added as a F2P pugger the situation is more palatable now than in CATA. Premade P2P groups with enchants and using communication software in a predominantly F2P bracket will always have the advantage.

Also been pugging overall as premades are boring unless facing another. I've hardly been grouped with the above mentioned but faced them more on their alliance.

TY 4 sharing your perspective. Like Mamma Gump told Forrest... Life is Like a box of Chocolates...

Users who are viewing this thread