Cirise's BfA 49 Resto Shaman Guide

Updated the cloak and chest enchants, since Blizzard nerfed PVP power and PvP resilience last week.

Here is the PvPpower hidden stat script for archival reference:

/run print("Damage:", GetPvpPowerDamage(), "Healing:", GetPvpPowerHealing() )

Have you tested out the proc on Coastal Surge? Seems like it might a strong contender now for BiS when used on the BoA Mace... I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

Have you tested out the proc on Coastal Surge? Seems like it might a strong contender now for BiS when used on the BoA Mace... I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

Not yet -- I still need to test that.

I updated the guide with the wrist slot item @Haaveilija found, and took off the satchel bracers as they're now (thankfully) no longer a BiS item.

Edit: and updated the shoulders and shields.

Last edited:
I'd definitely add Windtalker's for Bracer choice, much higher int. In fact you can replace High Chief with Mindtap and the bracers with Windtalker and you'd profit from it a lot (+2 stamina, -1 int, +7 secondary, +2 Versa)

I do miss some other options for the int >> vers rule. You introduce it but don't really seem to apply it :p

I'd definitely add Windtalker's for Bracer choice, much higher int.

I was hoping Windtalker's Wristguards would become a viable option when BfA hit, but even with the extra int, it can't compare to the sheer amount of vers that Gwyneth's brings.

In fact you can replace High Chief with Mindtap and the bracers with Windtalker and you'd profit from it a lot (+2 stamina, -1 int, +7 secondary, +2 Versa)

I do miss some other options for the int >> vers rule. You introduce it but don't really seem to apply it :p

Definitely the trinket section needs more work. If you find more items, let's take a look!

Edit: your question revealed a bigger issue with the guide -- I hadn't updated the INT number after the latest patch. It fell to around 0.24%.

Last edited:
Coastal surge is a solid pick. Your enchant should reflect what you’re hoping to do. You can play resto as a support DPS—their damage is that good—and run ele force. I have +23 SP on my dagger and coastal surge on a BOA mace, and I pick a weapon based on what I feel will best benefit my team that game.

Thoughts on Hand of Edward the Odd for MH? Proc seems like a mini heroism

Hello @Kirise !
I'v been running Satyr enchant on neck and its really helping out the damage output of this nasty fun spec to play. I'm new to playing rshaman but had great success rate in bgs with this even though EU 49 is full of imba warriors and I cant solo handle their pressure on me for long.
I'v yet to try running a more heal oriented spec but it rarely seems to make a difference when I can enable other dps with my utility aswell as my high damage support. Maybe that would help me with said warriors.
I want to ask you what you think about having slither-scale now that they nerfed the set bonus to mere 4 int?
At this time I havent finnished my gearing but reading this thread again that I forgot about makes me pumped up to do so.
Here is my sham https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/ragnaros/blackslug .
I usually play with Defending Champion trinket instead of 13 int BoA but I reckon last game of the day was played as Elemental.

Once I have looted(lol the dreams[Bought from someone lucky enough]) Skullflame I have a very interesting set of equipment to show you.. I hope. On paper it sounds like tons of fun especially in this zerging warrior meta.

Last edited:
I'v been running Satyr enchant on neck and its really helping out the damage output of this nasty fun spec to play.

I need to update the guide, and that's one of the important updates to make. Satyr's great for resto shamans!

I'v yet to try running a more heal oriented spec but it rarely seems to make a difference when I can enable other dps with my utility aswell as my high damage support. Maybe that would help me with said warriors.

When I solo queue, I found counterpressure against melee makes a bigger impact. Keep those flame shocks up for lava burst procs, and kite the melee for a little distance, but not so much that they can charge again.

I want to ask you what you think about having slither-scale now that they nerfed the set bonus to mere 4 int?

With both the Green Dragonscale set and Slither-Scale sets getting nerfed, I need to go back and crunch the numbers and see what works best for each of the whole sets. For me personally, I'll need to drop the belt/boots combo, as that particular combination isn't worth it anymore.

Here is my sham https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/ragnaros/blackslug .
I usually play with Defending Champion trinket instead of 13 int BoA but I reckon last game of the day was played as Elemental.

Looks great! You're 96% of the way there, just needing tiny upgrades to replace your crit gear (half of which you can get through quests).

i use a ilvl58 Blackskull Shield (114 armor, 285 block, 24 int, 12 stam, 3 crit, 8 versa) .. also, your helm, there is a ilvl58 version (8 armor, 21 int, 23 stam, 7 versa, 11 fire resist), i uses Lorekeeper's Ring because i am very skeptical about anything that proc at 1% .. i am skeptical with anything that proc at 10%, let alone at 1%
I would never unequip these rings as long as proc rate stays the same as now. They help out, a lot. You should try them.
Eye of Flame was cheap and its better than all other options besides the headdress imo so it was a big upgrade for little gold.
Ofcourse a blackskull shield would be fancy to have but I have yet to come by one on our AH let alone loot one.

Bought this of the AH today at ilvl 48 13 int 11 stam: https://www.wowhead.com/item=14665/keepers-cloak&bonus=4277#dropped-by . Worth adding to your list?

I really wanted it to be a worthwhile option at both 49 and 59 (I found a 13stam/15int version near the start of the expansion for my 59), but given how much int both brackets stack, the quest cloak ends up being a little bit better.

i am very skeptical about anything that proc at 1% .. i am skeptical with anything that proc at 10%, let alone at 1%

You should definitely be skeptical about the proc rates, but not in the way you're thinking. The proc rates on proc gear seem significantly buffed this expansion. Freezing Bands show significant increases from when people used (and rightfully dismissed) them in previous expansions.

I find that in higher burst brackets like 49s and 59s, PuG'ing with a 5-second non-DR stun (which is essentially what the Freezing Band does) makes a bigger impact for me than the stam and vers I get from the other rings. If I'm not getting peels and need to kite melee or get some distance from hunters, extra stam and vers buys me maybe an extra second that I can turn into three or four seconds if I get a heal off. In that situation, I'm a punching bag anyway.

For premades and organized arenas, I'd prefer the extra stam and especially the vers.

Users who are viewing this thread