Chester Bennington has passed away.

I got these news super fast, having followed Linkin Park since dawn of time. Used to listen to them a lot during the WC3 Dota days. Sad to see this is how it would end. A lot of the songs did focus around personal struggles as well. Probably not a coincidence.

aw, i liked him ;(

r.i.p.

admit it none of u knew his fking name before he died
I found out like this:
20108445_1930269297196065_3476952222500583035_n.jpg

Metalheads everywhere rejoice the death of Chester because of his status as most succesful false metal/ nu metal/ emo frontman. Most do it silently and respectfuly though.

I was diagnosed with manic depression and bipolar disorder as a child and I can say that I once listened to the - self-pitying, dwelling on my problems - music and it only serves to make things worse imo. To overcome these thoughts one must stay busy and implement solutions rather than dwell on them. If you do nothing but think about your problems, failures and embarrasing moments, those thoughts will basically play on a loop in your mind until you're at the point of not eating and contemplating suicide. You have to work on your problems and find hapiness in your accomplishments. Finding purpose in life is the only real cure for depression imo.

There are a lot of words to use but most of them are evading me, i'm not one to get emotional about the inevitable things in life, I try and move on as fast as possible, but Linkin Park had a profound impact on me through the most difficult years of my life, i'm actually heart broken. RIP, you where a legend.

Here is some of my favorite stuff from them, i'll be listening to LP all night, and probably lighting one up as some sort of strange way of saying good bye.

You know i was really never a fan of Screamo Park, but look on the bright side at least we have "Muse" and they're much better :p
my condolences to Cheaky Chester but, (In the End it doesn't even matter) Chorus".

Suicide is a very controversial topic.

Many as myself disagree with rewarding suicides with public acclamation and recognition. It does nothing but increase the motivation of already suicidal individuals. But that's for another thread.

People should just pay their respects and move on. This isn't a thread to call people out or make fun of others.

uh huh
yeah i listened to the band freshmen year and was a petty big fan, never new that nigas name tbh

chester-bennington-on-csi_o_516233.jpg

edigt: can u guis stop calling it screamo and metal, that was the old version, people change for the better

Last edited:
I get my news from TMZ, fam. But for real, though, the rope store has been making bank as of late. All these celebs in the past year. It is depressing to think about. I am depressed.

I found out like this:View attachment 6273

I was diagnosed with manic depression and bipolar disorder as a child and I can say that I once listened to the - self-pitying, dwelling on my problems - music and it only serves to make things worse imo. To overcome these thoughts one must stay busy and implement solutions rather than dwell on them. If you do nothing but think about your problems, failures and embarrasing moments, those thoughts will basically play on a loop in your mind until you're at the point of not eating and contemplating suicide. You have to work on your problems and find hapiness in your accomplishments. Finding purpose in life is the only real cure for depression imo.

I completely agree! Whatever the struggles, suicide is never the answer! And there is plenty of ressources out there to help ☺

We may be missing a large part of your story, @AlisterCrow. I did not mean any offense from my previous post. Sorry! Simply saying this thread should not be home to flaming.

That was pretty emo.
It's not emo, it's the lyrics to my favorite Staind song.
I completely agree! Whatever the struggles, suicide is never the answer! And there is plenty of ressources out there to help ☺

We may be missing a large part of your story, @AlisterCrow. I did not mean any offense from my previous post. Sorry! Simply saying this thread should not be home to flaming.
No flaming. Not offended. Just paying tribute to chester by quoting lame things that people said in this thread and replying with lyrics from my favorite Crazy Town song.

Users who are viewing this thread