Chester Bennington has passed away.

Conq

IF ANYONE needs help DO NOT hesitate to reach out, I've helped many people in this way before and I can and WILL help you and would be heart broken if anything like this happened to any of you, if you need help, help me help you, I will ensure your privacy is maintained, I beg all of you, reach out to me if you need someone, or know someone who needs someone, or if you just don't know how to confront these issues, I can help with information you can use to help your loved ones

There are a lot of words to use but most of them are evading me, i'm not one to get emotional about the inevitable things in life, I try and move on as fast as possible, but Linkin Park had a profound impact on me through the most difficult years of my life, i'm actually heart broken. RIP, you where a legend.

Here is some of my favorite stuff from them, i'll be listening to LP all night, and probably lighting one up as some sort of strange way of saying good bye.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have listened to then throughout the years ever since I bought the 'One Step Closer' single when i t first came out. A lot of their songs have impacted my life aswell.

RIP Chester Bennington

devastating.

Basically he did it on cornells birthday.

devastating.

Basically he did it on cornells birthday.

I'm honestly not sure if it was for selfish attention reasons, or if it was because he was reminded of Chris. But either way, I do not believe it was coincidence that it was done on his birthday.

The sad thing is, I was wondering which one of 4-5 people would be the first to make troll posts on this.

There's a reason everyone hates you, Naxxramaskid. ;)

Rest in peace, Chester.

The sad thing is, I was wondering which one of 4-5 people would be the first to make troll posts on this.

There's a reason everyone hates you, Naxxramaskid. ;)

Rest in peace, Chester.
Ok ok good one but that is my firm believe and not an attempt at trolling. I love life and I wish I could live forever.

Now that guy is gone forever and will never come back. He threw away his chance at seeing the future / new and exciting technologies / good food / fun with friends / family / love / seeing your kids grow up and a billion other things. Life in the West is beyond awesome.

Ok ok good one but that is my firm believe and not an attempt at trolling. I love life and I wish I could live forever.

Now that guy is gone forever and will never come back. He threw away his chance at seeing the future / new and exciting technologies / good food / fun with friends / family / love / seeing your kids grow up and a billion other things. Life in the West is beyond awesome.
Huh.

Well, I will say, I truly and one hundred percent agree with all you just said. So I'll admit that it. But I still think it wasn't a good thing to say about the situation.

I sort of agree with naxx here, though it's a nuisanced thing to talk about and even more tabboo than mental health itself. As someone who was diagnosed with severe child's depression, I fought a life or death battle for about 85% of my life, I grew up around suicide and depression in my family, and friends, it's something that made me who I am today, it's been about two years since I won my battle and one of the many things I learned is that 99.99% of the time suicide is selfish, maybe not with intent, but in regards to not understanding what you leave behind and what state those left behind will be in as a result of the actions you take, suicide is in a way stupid, depression is hardly ever rational, it lacks logic, it is stupid, as temporary as depressive episodes can be it helps to keep perspective, which at times can basically be impossible, anyway I haven't been depressed a day in my life since I took extreme action to improve myself, I won't recommend the things I did as cures because some of them are unorthodox and everyone is different, what I will say is that IF ANYONE needs help DO NOT hesitate to reach out, i've helped many people in this way before and I can and WILL help you and would be heart broken if anything like this happened to any of you, if you need help, help me help you, I will ensure your privacy is maintained, I beg all of you, reach out to me if you need someone, or know someone who needs someone, or if you just don't know how to confront these issues, I can help with information you can use to help your loved ones

Last edited by a moderator:
Suicide is obviously a very sensitive topic in this community and to the world. Do i think it's ok to just kill yourself? No, but sadly everyone has their breaking points, and Chester Bennington obviously reached his point. I'm sure the thoughts of family, friends, future and everything else went through his mind before his act. But he obviously thought that the world could go on without him. Will people be sad that he is gone? Yea of course, it's natural to miss someone.

What Chester did was a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I don't want to be that guy who becomes a dick for his thoughts on suicide, but agree with me or not, my thoughts have been shared.

Suicide is obviously a very sensitive topic in this community and to the world. Do i think it's ok to just kill yourself? No, but sadly everyone has their breaking points, and Chester Bennington obviously reached his point. I'm sure the thoughts of family, friends, future and everything else went through his mind before his act. But he obviously thought that the world could go on without him. Will people be sad that he is gone? Yea of course, it's natural to miss someone.

What Chester did was a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I don't want to be that guy who becomes a dick for his thoughts on suicide, but agree with me or not, my thoughts have been shared.

Basically yes, though I'm not sure it's that simple, I respect your opinion though, while vague thoughts like that likely crossed his mind, mental health issues warp your frame of mind, it makes some kinds of thoughts like sound cannons, and some other ones seem like whispers, if chester where to have looked at this logically, he would have known that he was a champion for millions of people with mental health issues, it's not just his family he left behind, its his entire fan base whom many of them he helped or was helping through very difficult times, those peoples champion has fallen, as always we must do everything possible to prevent others from falling as well.

Imagine you're one of his fans who is suicidal, listens to his music religiously, they're probably thinking "if chester can't win this, how can I?" they see his money, his fame, his passion, and his struggles, and they have seen him take the final fall now, this could have a devastating impact on many many people.

I'm not saying this to criticize you, just to give my opinion, and to once again point out that depressive mind states almost always lack logic, just because he thought "the world will go on without me" doesn't mean he was right, I hate to say this but its entirely possible this will worsen a lot of peoples already severe depression, and more than one persons world might literally not go on without him, this guy was a champion of this stuff, it's not a good look to say the least.

There are a lot of words to use but most of them are evading me, i'm not one to get emotional about the inevitable things in life, I try and move on as fast as possible, but Linkin Park had a profound impact on me through the most difficult years of my life, i'm actually heart broken. RIP, you where a legend.

Here is some of my favorite stuff from them, i'll be listening to LP all night, and probably lighting one up as some sort of strange way of saying good bye.

Your a good man conq

Users who are viewing this thread