Chaos Crystal from Shadowruby Band

I'm able to purchase the recipe for this ring from the NPC in Dalaran. Crafting then disenchanting it should yield Chaos crystal. But it seems that mining the required ore + prospecting is incredility slow . Is crafting this ring a better way than farming epics from murlocs?

A quick search in wowhead shows that "Pile of Gems" from Transmutation /"Found Sack of Gems" may be another way to get the reagents. But I have no idea how these work.

Anyone ever tried this method?

we had a minor discussion about this pop up in the baseline guide.
started on page 21:
https://xpoff.com/threads/shadowlands-f2p-baseline-guide.94609/page-21#post-1263151
yes, i've done the legion jewelcrafting quest up to "to dalaran, with love" where Jabrul appears in Dalaran and is selling the recipe for 9gold. But, as a f2p, my problem is it seems that without a flying mount it is incredibility difficult to mine the required ore to craft even 1 ring. Did anyone ever try this method? Is it better than farming boes?

Leystone ores are relatively easy to farm but the recommended felslate farming spot is at lvl45 zones which is not accessible to lvl20.

I dont know what else to tell you, man. There's no really *easy* way to get chaos crystals on a f2p, if thats what you're looking for. Its going to take work. Thats the whole point.

Kill all the rares you can, do all the quests you can, hope you get epic procs. Then either farm epics or take up JC for the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread