Cata Item Changes, etc.

Darkchewie

2014 & 2015 TC Champion
I recently copied my druid over to the beta and I've discovered some things regarding prior BIS items and whatnot, so I figured i'd list some of it here. Not sure if anyone has posted some or all of this already.

Mindthrust bracers should be the new caster BIS bracers, surpassing Crystalline Cuffs.

Mindthrust - 3 stam, 4 int, 3 spirit

Crystalline - 3 stam, 3 int, 2 spirit

And here are a bunch of items and the changes they received.

Eeerie Stable Lantern - 3 stam, 5 int

Sacred Burial Trousers - 8 stam, 3 int, 9 spirit

Darkweave Breeches - 4 stam, 7 int, 6 spirit

Inferno Robe - 16 int

Jutebraid Gloves - 9 stam, 6 int (52 armor)

Gold Flecked Gloves - 9 stam, 6 int (43 armor)

Girdle of the Blindwatcher - 4 stam , 5 int, 4 spirit

Grizzled Boots - 7 stam, 2 agility (Previously 2 strength)

In addition, Lifeblood Rank 3 gives 55 haste over 20 seconds in addition to the heal.

I'm going to copy my shaman over tommorrow and check out some gear changes for ally.

-Dark

its worth noting that sacred burial trousers have had their armour significantly increased to about that of a leather item, but is still infact cloth. Yay!

Damn, didn't get Sacred Burial trousers on my mage because I thought they sucked at the time and pious or +9 spellpower or +11 magic school spellpower were the superior items. I wonder if any shamans wish they could go back and get the trousers instead of the shield?

Darklumiya said:
Girdle of the Blindwatcher - 4 stam , 5 int, 4 spirit

darth_vader_nooo1.jpeg

R.I.P. 7 Stam 8 Int ... You will be missed ...

~Zuty

what zuty said :(

And thats a good point Grabco, im probably going to xfer my shaman to horde soon, and i'd been intending to get the shield, i'll definately be considering trousers now. Though on second thoughts the trousers seem pretty lacklustre for a shaman. Im unlikely to be going resto on my shaman due to healing looking so poor for shamans, so the spirit will be wasted and smelting pants look more tasty.

I love you Darkchewie.

Pizza said:
I love you Darkchewie.

<3. Sacred burials are pretty nasty, I use them for my druids healing set now as well. The lifeblood change is pretty interesting as well.

The ally stuff

when u get ur sham there mate can u check what they are doing with our enchants? sp on wep etc? wil it be converted to a particular amount of int?

also:

kellers girdle vs satchel cloth belts

satchel cloak vs spidersilk

spidersilk boots

lavishly jewelled ring

Pious Legwraps

also if possible can u compare wand? banshee of sun vs gravestone septre, will be interesting to see if the banshee rod maintains its stats or not.

thanks.

xXXXx

I think there is a new wand in cata that is better than both if i'm not mistaken

amazed that they added 55 haste to the duration of 225 herbing heal, wonder if 225 mining 70 stam buff is getting a new add-on buff? maybe something like some passive armor? or resilience due to the player being tougher?

Nutrun said:

the XP turn on and off NPCs are already equipped with these....have been since patch added them, weapons have the low glow

It seems like lifeblood healing is being reduced significantly, check out the heal range at 225, (72 - 206).

I've also noticed some other things:

Dignified Headmaster's Charge: 9 stam, 7 int, 39 SP, 6 crit.

Exquiste Sunderseer Mantle: 5 stam, 5 int, 3 crit, 5 resi. (Note: resilience may be bugged - providing me with 0.00% crit reduction, etc.)

Advisor's Ring: 2 stam, 4 int, 6 spirit.

Evocator's Blade: 5 int, 3 spirit. New lvl req of 20.

Serpent Gloves: 4 stam, 6 int.

Spidersilk Cape: 4 stam, 3 int, 4 hit.

Spidersilk Boots: 8 stam, 7 int.

Also, on a side note: When I pop Lifeblood, my haste increases from 6 to 62 (I'm sporting the new BoAs for the heck of it atm). 56 Haste increase? Also, I have rank 3 of Lifeblood while not being maxed (176/225)

Nothing new from mining yet, still a boring 7 stam @ 225.

kellers girdle vs satchel cloth belts - Kellers 3 sta/ 8 int vs satchel belts wich arent changed atm.

satchel cloak vs spidersilk - Drape 4 sta/ 3 int 4 hit vs TCotSorcerer 4 sta/ 4 intel 4 haste

spidersilk boots - 8 sta/ 7 int

lavishly jewelled ring - 6 int 2 hit

Wands have not changed

I moved also a toon with enchanting to the Beta but nothing seemed changed. I was able to take a look and try some things but profession acces is blocked atm to check it fully.

Tree bark and Staff of the blessed seer will be lv 20 items and several instance gear has changed to lv 16 like fang boots, venomstrike etc etc and even shadowfang

Wow changes to certain loot is massive now. I assume they are changing all item lvles and requirement lvles to coinside with the changes to the dungeon lvles. Link to new zone and dungeon lvles

Shadowfang - Items - Sigrie

Only 14.3dps now and lvl 16 req

Assassin's Blade - Items - Sigrie

Only 14.2dps and also a lvl 16 req and got some new stats

Baron's Scepter - Items - Sigrie

only 14.2dps but got some new stats and lvl 16 req

And some caster delight

Robes of Arugal - Items - Sigrie

7int 6stam 4crit and lvl 16 req

Mail bracers

Rift Bracers - Items - Sigrie

mail wearers have fun with these now available bracers.

and Phantom Armor - Items - Sigrie

for the non BoA wearers ofcourse

Dodge shield

Commander's Crest - Items - Sigrie

Almost every single item in SFK has been changed to a lvl 16 req which a lvl 21 ilvl and it seems all BFD items have a lvl 20 req now with a ilvl of 25.

This will probably mean that a lot of are items in cata will have to come from quests or BoA's because there no longer is a dungeon with lvl 19 drops.

Trespasser said:
This will probably mean that a lot of are items in cata will have to come from quests or BoA's because there no longer is a dungeon with lvl 19 drops.

Probably right about this.

Users who are viewing this thread