Cata engineering tinkers and you @70

what he said

Just had a strange experience, just finished leveling from 390 to 465 and only got 2 tinkers, 1 at 245 (cardboard crap) and 1 at 255 (spinal). Nerf? Bug?

tsappi said:
Just had a strange experience, just finished leveling from 390 to 465 and only got 2 tinkers, 1 at 245 (cardboard crap) and 1 at 255 (spinal). Nerf? Bug?

Sorry 445 and 455

tsappi said:

you're either gnome or level 75+

if you're gnome, you get 3 tinkers (440-450, 450-460, 460-465)

Yes, toon is a gnome and currently at 465 skill level. No 3rd tinker. Going to try a few stacks of bolts to see if it just shows, but that's the first time on 3 gnome engineers that it didn't discover prior to 465.

builtokill said:
Wait, so you can drop engineering and you keep your tinkers?

how does that work?

or is it like that with any profession and you keep all your recipe's and i'm just dumb?

sorry for OT, but my mate has a 70 mage so we're gonna be doin some casual 2's, what class goes well with a mage?

you can enchant a pari of gloves with X tinker and drop engi and relvl engi to attempt getting other tinkers but the enchant on the pair of gloves will stay on and be useable once you have the right engi skill even if it is not one of the tinkers you get on the way back to engi lvl cap

Edit: priest/rogue go very well with a mage in 2s @70 as do most classes

tsappi said:
Yes, toon is a gnome and currently at 465 skill level. No 3rd tinker. Going to try a few stacks of bolts to see if it just shows, but that's the first time on 3 gnome engineers that it didn't discover prior to 465.

Ive discovered my 3rd tinker on several occasions at 465

So, I'm a Human Paladin. Does that mean I can only learn ONE of the eight tinkers?

I just spoke to a GM and he said I can learn all of them. Who's right? :S

Jackbot1 said:
So, I'm a Human Paladin. Does that mean I can only learn ONE of the eight tinkers?

I just spoke to a GM and he said I can learn all of them. Who's right? :S

This thread has stood tall over many many GMs trying to make sense of how the tinkers work at this lvl

and the gm is wrong in this case as well... sadly

Users who are viewing this thread