Cata engineering tinkers and you @70

lofi said:
Got super-lucky and got Tazik's Shocker on my first try with a 70 hunter. I did read recently in another forum that the other tinker's are now usable in arena as well (such as Synapse Springs). Be nice if someone could confirm, since source wasn't entirely reliable. If this is true, would Tazik's still be the best, or would Synapse Springs be preferred? I'm guessing the instant damage is still best for arena.

They are rated arena legal the tazik's that is

Twiztid7652 said:
z50 mana gulper on a DK /sadpanda

Don't worry, you're not alone. Got it on my DK also -_-

lofi said:
Got super-lucky and got Tazik's Shocker on my first try with a 70 hunter. I did read recently in another forum that the other tinker's are now usable in arena as well (such as Synapse Springs). Be nice if someone could confirm, since source wasn't entirely reliable. If this is true, would Tazik's still be the best, or would Synapse Springs be preferred? I'm guessing the instant damage is still best for arena.

Yes, you can use both(Tazik and Synapse) tinkers in rated arena.

I'd personally take Synapse Springs over Tazik Shocker as a DK. 480 srenght use combined with Sonic Booster proc is total of 1390 ap increase for 10 seconds. Now that's quite a lot. Not to mention that Synapse Springs have only 1minute cooldown.

Though if my arena partner would also have Tazik Shocker then I'd choose it over Synapse Springs, otherwise not.

i was just informed by a GM today that they hotfixed engineering and that you can obtain more then 1 tinker at level 70. can anyone confirm??

Twiztid7652 said:
i was just informed by a GM today that they hotfixed engineering and that you can obtain more then 1 tinker at level 70. can anyone confirm??

BRB with results...

The hotfix this gm states does not exist on their hotfix page and this is also the first time i have heard anything like this i tried a few different things and the tinkers seem tied to the engineers skill as they have been for weeks. I would question what this gm has told you as i dont see it on live realms at all

Jeego said:
The hotfix this gm states does not exist on their hotfix page and this is also the first time i have heard anything like this i tried a few different things and the tinkers seem tied to the engineers skill as they have been for weeks. I would question what this gm has told you as i dont see it on live realms at all

ya i talked to another GM about it today after droppin multiple k in gold tryin to get another 1. had a long debate with him to find out that it was not hotfixed and the GM i spoke to prior was misinformed. which is a nice way of saying that he was dumb as @#%!.

so i faction changed and well... i got invis shield generator and the int thing. again an epic fail for my DK. so my question would be can i re faction change back to horde and learn another 1? and if not if i faction change again after that back to gnome could i get 2 more shots again at tryin to get it?

Twiztid7652 said:
ya i talked to another GM about it today after droppin multiple k in gold tryin to get another 1. had a long debate with him to find out that it was not hotfixed and the GM i spoke to prior was misinformed. which is a nice way of saying that he was dumb as @#%!.

so i faction changed and well... i got invis shield generator and the int thing. again an epic fail for my DK. so my question would be can i re faction change back to horde and learn another 1? and if not if i faction change again after that back to gnome could i get 2 more shots again at tryin to get it?

A good question i have done this myself but no for said reasons

if you change to gnome and get 465 skill but want new tinkers you have to redo engi going back to a diff race wont change the number of tinkers you have once you get 3 from gnome

now i have not tried going gnome from another race after i had my 3 tinkers but with the info i have compiled all evidence points to you will be stuck with 3 and wont gain 2 more :/ as tinkers are tied to skill

TLDR you have to redo engi from the start on that toon

Twiztid7652 said:
Awwwww I literaly got 3 useless tinkers, makes me sad

Whoah, wait what? You said that you got the 'int tinker'(Synapse Springs), right? Anyway, Synapse springs were changed in last patch. Those increase now your higest stat Agility, Strenght or Intellect by 480. Aka 480 str(=960 AP) use for your DK. So it's far away from useless, actually I'd take it over Tazik anytime.

Friyn said:
Whoah, wait what? You said that you got the 'int tinker'(Synapse Springs), right? Anyway, Synapse springs were changed in last patch. Those increase now your higest stat Agility, Strenght or Intellect by 480. Aka 480 str(=960 AP) use for your DK. So it's far away from useless, actually I'd take it over Tazik anytime.

Wow I was not aware that it was changed. Thanks for the info :D I'll check it out when I get home.

Twiztid7652 said:
Wow I was not aware that it was changed. Thanks for the info :D I'll check it out when I get home.

yeah i put it in the starting post it would be changed but for me the tooltip is bugged and it still says int even tho it grants a non int stat for the class i play

Jeego said:
yeah i put it in the starting post it would be changed but for me the tooltip is bugged and it still says int even tho it grants a non int stat for the class i play

ya thats what i assumed too cause it says the same thing for me.

Brale said:
i got the 4800 Tazik Shockers luckily on the first go :), btw using obsidium bolts to acquire the tinker was a very good suggestion and helped. thank you.

np the info is here to help people with this rng stuff

In the process of leveling engineering for the 4th time as a gnome, if I didn't have a miner with epic flying I would have already killed myself. This can surely be a pain...

OMG LISTEN TO THIS STORY..

im sitting in Sw, and i get a whisper Remember TowelCoat from 60s?

I say Yes, Didnt he die?

They say HE LIED TO EVERYONE, HE IS A CRAZY MAFUCKA!

So the reason to my story: Hey TC how ya been?

Scrumped said:
OMG LISTEN TO THIS STORY..

im sitting in Sw, and i get a whisper Remember TowelCoat from 60s?

I say Yes, Didnt he die?

They say HE LIED TO EVERYONE, HE IS A CRAZY MAFUCKA!

So the reason to my story: Hey TC how ya been?

do you still have my magelol.

Users who are viewing this thread