Cata engineering tinkers and you @70

Stickied because I'm a qtpi

-Tagit

Sanitarium said:
Stickied because I'm a fgttpi

-Tagit

fxt for you sani

re:tinkers

Got the mana pot injector as first so was pretty sad, luckily i was Gnome so continued crafting electrified ether and got the +stat on gloves which wasnt so bad, and at last i got the shocker one, yay.

Leveling engi as gnome is really much easier.

mofo2 said:
Got the mana pot injector as first so was pretty sad, luckily i was Gnome so continued crafting electrified ether and got the +stat on gloves which wasnt so bad, and at last i got the shocker one, yay.

Leveling engi as gnome is really much easier.

yup, but some classes cant be gnome ><

Jeego said:
yup, but some classes cant be gnome ><

quoted for fucking truth... damn paladins

Has anyone gone gnome and then race changed (or faction changed obviously)? Would you lose 2 random tinkers or the last 2 learned?

jtrotta said:
Has anyone gone gnome and then race changed (or faction changed obviously)? Would you lose 2 random tinkers or the last 2 learned?

Having personally done this you dont lose the tinkers you get from gnome if you go back to say human or any other race but you will go back down to only having 1/8 should you choose to lvl engi again

Jeego said:
Having personally done this you dont lose the tinkers you get from gnome if you go back to say human or any other race but you will go back down to only having 1/8 should you choose to lvl engi again

I did this as well and I whole-heartedly recommend it if you have the monies to spare and you care about your twink. I have other 70s, but I don't really care about the tinkers on them since I rarely play them because I love my Mage too much and I want to get full BiS stuffz. :D

Wow.

I just leveled up the profession all the way, only to get Grounded Plasma Shield. Not wanting to ever do it again, I spent the $25.00 to race change from human to gnome, so that I could get 2 extra Tinkers. Well, the next 2 I got were Invisibility Field and Cardboard Assassin. I can't believe it, this really sucks. According to the thread, the only way to get a new 3 is to re-level the profession all over again right?

I want that 480 Int Enchant, and leveling the profession was only around 8k, but it was sooo annoying.

Supergerm said:
Wow.

I just leveled up the profession all the way, only to get Grounded Plasma Shield. Not wanting to ever do it again, I spent the $25.00 to race change from human to gnome, so that I could get 2 extra Tinkers. Well, the next 2 I got were Invisibility Field and Cardboard Assassin. I can't believe it, this really sucks. According to the thread, the only way to get a new 3 is to re-level the profession all over again right?

I want that 480 Int Enchant, and leveling the profession was only around 8k, but it was sooo annoying.

I lvled mine 4 times 3 as gnome to get the ones I wanted... yes it rly sucks as seen in the thread start

Can i get some facts straigh, i know its been said before but I find it hard to understand so perhaps rewording what has been said will help.

I am 425 engi right now. I need to buy cataclysm on my twink account before i can go any further right?

Is this statement true?: Once I get to 449, the crafts i do will have a random chance to give me one of the 5 tinkers that are usable at 70.

I know that if I dont get the tinker I want, I have to relevel engineering.

Are all 5 of the tinkers usable in arena?

Thanks for your help

Kronic said:
Can i get some facts straigh, i know its been said before but I find it hard to understand so perhaps rewording what has been said will help.

I am 425 engi right now. I need to buy cataclysm on my twink account before i can go any further right?

Is this statement true?: Once I get to 449, the crafts i do will have a random chance to give me one of the 5 tinkers that are usable at 70.

Thanks for your help

Yes, if you want to benefit from Tinkers you will need Cata before you level those last 25 skill-ups.

Once you hit 440* you will have a chance to proc 1 of the 8* tinkers. (There are 5 that are usable by 70s, 8 total. We can get any of the 8)

Yes.

Not sure, I know for a fact that Tazik is usable in arenas.

Kronic said:

Thanks for your help

A cata trial will also work but keep in mind you will only have 10 days to get the tinkers you want

Jeego said:
A cata trial will also work but keep in mind you will only have 10 days to get the tinkers you want

oooh and the tinker will still work after trial expires? You're a genius sir.

What about for things like, flying in cata? if i buy it can I then fly in azeroth after trial expires?

Got super-lucky and got Tazik's Shocker on my first try with a 70 hunter. I did read recently in another forum that the other tinker's are now usable in arena as well (such as Synapse Springs). Be nice if someone could confirm, since source wasn't entirely reliable. If this is true, would Tazik's still be the best, or would Synapse Springs be preferred? I'm guessing the instant damage is still best for arena.

Users who are viewing this thread