Cata engineering tinkers and you @70

Which one is better for a rogue, the Tazik Shocker or the 480 agi and why?

480 Agility + 30% from the passive subtlety rogue perk. = 624 Agility. For 10 seconds. On the same cooldown as shadow dance.

Honestly, I'd go with Synapse. It's on half the cooldown that tazik is, As a rogue, you won't have spell penetration, so a large chunk of it'll be soaked up by resilience, and even more by racial resistance, ie; 28.57% Nature resistance of night elves and tauren.

Leveled engineering six times on the eve of cataclysm just to get my damned tazik, It's nice, i'll say that, But i don't really see why people explode over it. It's useless in PvE, and only useful for Globbalin' some low-resil target in arena.

But hey, that's just my opinion, Two cents, Etc.

480 Agility + 30% from the passive subtlety rogue perk. = 624 Agility. For 10 seconds. On the same cooldown as shadow dance.

Honestly, I'd go with Synapse. It's on half the cooldown that tazik is, As a rogue, you won't have spell penetration, so a large chunk of it'll be soaked up by resilience, and even more by racial resistance, ie; 28.57% Nature resistance of night elves and tauren.

Leveled engineering six times on the eve of cataclysm just to get my damned tazik, It's nice, i'll say that, But i don't really see why people explode over it. It's useless in PvE, and only useful for Globbalin' some low-resil target in arena.

Ahh I see, you got a point there, well I'm lvling engineering now and lets hope for a nice one :)

I would agree with the entirety of this post, except the last comment. I've had tazik hit me for ~5k in 705 resi with shadowform, that's 57% reduction ish. Yet synapse > tazik for sure simly cause of the shorter cooldown.

I would agree with the entirety of this post, except the last comment. I've had tazik hit me for ~5k in 705 resi with shadowform, that's 57% reduction ish. Yet synapse > tazik for sure simly cause of the shorter cooldown.

Aye, i've had it range from <1k Non-crits, in arena, to a bit over 9k, In battlegrounds, with berserker.

Guess that last section was just me ranting when both my Tazik shocker, Chimera, and second chimera all get absorbed by a single PW:S, And by then i'm out of focus.

I rly like synapse and i use it over tazik on my hunter but i get similar results when using either but the non global burst on tazik is just sex especially in arena

After drolling around the interwebs for at least 100 hours most threads and website comments (wowhead) are retarded and offer very little advice in here im going to answer most/all of the common questions and such about cata level tinkers as a lvl 70-74 twink.

There are 8 tinkers from cata that are obtainable at 70 of the 8 tinkers 3 are worthless as we cannot use them the 3 (bad) are Grounded Plasma Shield, Invisibility Field, and Cardboard Assassin. These tinkers are useless as they require 500 engineering to use but not to obtain so if you get one of these 3 many sadfaces to you.

There are 5 tinkers that are useable to 70s some are better than others

Quickflip Deflection Plates: on use = 1500 armor lasts 12 sec. on a 1 min cooldown.

Z50 Mana Gulper: on use consumes a Mythical Mana Potion for increased effect. despite the potions needing lvl 80 to use this tinker ignores that and thus gives a huge mana boost (this shares cd with potions) does not work in arena

Spinal Healing Injector: The healing potion version of the Z50 it heals for at worst 15k generally im getting 17-18k on use not useable in arena... LOH for all classes in bgs what :)

Synapse Springs: on use = 480 int for 10 sec. on a 1 min cooldown. Have no fear blizz has you non int. using classes covered, next patch these will now grant 480 to you classes major stat (agi. for hunters str. for warriors etc.)

Tazik Shocker: on use shoots a ball of lol nature damage for 5040 (number may vary) on a 2 min. CD this works in arenas and is generally viewed as the most desirable of the tinkers for pvp.

Common questions

1. I am on a burning crusade account can I get them?

A. Nope a cata account is needed as the tinker need you to make cata schematics (this may have been changed but it seems to be the current case still)

2. When can I start getting these tinkers?

A. 441-450 is when you can expect to get your first one ( I have yet to get one before that and none of the twinks I know with them got the tinkers before that lvl of engi)

3. What level of engineering is required to use these tinkers?

A. 450 for the 5 glove enchants 500 for belt enchants.

4. Can I only learn tinkers from orange difficulty schemata?

A. Nope you can get them from all colors including grey, I reccomend obsidium bolts.

5a. I got a tinker I didn't want can I get any more?

A. Kinda, at 450 engi you only get 1 tinker and no more, you can go gnome and you will be able to get 2 more giving you 3/8 tinkers.

5b. I don't want to go gnome but I dont want this tinker what do I do?

A. relevel engi all the way back to 441-450 and you get a new 1/8 tinker... sry it sucks

6. Can I enchant a pair of gloves with a tinker then relearn engineering to get a new one do my gloves keep the old enchant?

A. Yep still requires 450 tho but the enchant will stick

7. It didnt say I learned a tinker (think alchemy), what are the odds I learn one?

A. Check your tinker tab the tinkers will just happen and be in your tab no alert or anything. Tinker procs are pretty common so you can expect to get them in well under 10 crafts in most cases.

This info is valid in the current patch of DOP and is subject to change in future patches

I dont really understand this, I am very new to lvl 70 twinking and therefor also high lvl engi.
As I see it, it's like every times you gain a skill point from 441-450 you will have a chance to learn a new item to create, and there are 8 different items that you are able to learn. But you may only learn one recipe, is that right? :/

Sorry for stupid question.

correct. you must relevel to have a chance at learning a different one of the 8 cata tinkers.

^ This

Also I realize this thread is over 9000 pages long but just about any question you can ask is answered in the thread for future reference.

I dont really understand this, I am very new to lvl 70 twinking and therefor also high lvl engi.
As I see it, it's like every times you gain a skill point from 441-450 you will have a chance to learn a new item to create, and there are 8 different items that you are able to learn. But you may only learn one recipe, is that right? :/

Sorry for stupid question.

Aye, you'll pick up one trinket between 441 and 450, And you'll need to drop the profession and rel-evel from scratch for another chance.

Do mind the fact gnomes get a 15+ Engineering racial, Which'll allow them to level up engineering to 465, And in those extra 15 levels, you'll learn two extra tinkers, so, switch to a gnome if you aren't already, if you'd like to get three tinkers per re-level, if your class permits it, etc.

But yeah, 5/8 Tinkers are usable in the 70s bracket, The invisibility field, Target dummy, And 18000 shield tinkers all require 500+.

Goodluck!

no sir, i've asked a gm many times because i get so upset when...for the 6th time i level engineering on my rogue it gives me belt tinkers i cant use...actually, first 5 times required 500 engineering tinkers. 6th time...well ya, 1500 armor. yippie. but the answer is no im. sucks dont it :p

I'm about to start crafting Obsidium Bolts on my Warlock, wish me luck guys! My budget doesn't really support re-lvling :|

*drum roll*

I'm about to start crafting Obsidium Bolts on my Warlock, wish me luck guys! My budget doesn't really support re-lvling :|

*drum roll*

Crossing fingers for you, nice to see more locks in the bracket, and you don't need that much money to relvl, check my thread here, all you need to do is pick mining/engi and after you're done just relvl 2nd profession instead of mining if you wish to do so.

http://www.twinkinfo.com/70-79-brac...-22-12-9-powerlvls-2-days-only-10k-spent.html

I have several 85s on the ralm I have some of my 70 twinks on, I'm lucky in that way. I actually rolled mining on one the characters for sole purpose of gettin' engineering materials cheaper. Old world(vannilla) mats are really cheap, I actually lvled my mining 1-300 by buying ores and smelting them. It only cost me about 400g-600g and I was able to get all the mats for 1-300 engineering suggested by WoW-Professions engi guide. But the real problem is Fel Iron ore, those sell for 300g-500g stack on my realm which is highly populated, thus there are a lot of bots which makes farming Fel Iron quite annoying during daytime/evening. And same goes for Cobalt + Saronite.

But yeah, if I mine Fel Iron, Cobalt and Saronite it's pretty cheap. I'd say that is costs from 300g to 700g depenting on the current price of the materials. Not too gamebreaking.

Just want to get my synapse springs. Not too interested in Tazik on warlock, also the 2min CD sucks compared to Pyro Rocket's 45sec CD. Also I did few calculations last night, with Int buff + Kings I'd be able to achieve 2960 spell power momentarily on my warlock. That includes lightweave proc, Ashtongue Exalted trinket proc and synapse up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also I did few calculations last night, with Int buff + Kings I'd be able to achieve 2960 spell power momentarily on my warlock. That includes lightweave proc, Ashtongue Exalted trinket proc and synapse up.

Going to have to finish chain-leveling my engineering once we finish unpacking here. Must. Have. Synapse.

Got Tazik on my (human) rogue on first try. Finally my burst is on a par with other classes! Mmm yeah!

Users who are viewing this thread