Bye WoW

The only way to quit is natural boredom. WoW is only masking some other problem. It's that problem that needs to be solved--quit WoW and the problem is still there.

TLDR: WoW is the symptom not the cause.

I saw someone else to mention it and wanna go along with what they said. I think no matter how much most of us try that we will never quit unless forced to. We may come on less or once or twice a month but that still isn't quitting. Computer dying, internet bill not being paid, to much school work would all be things that could make us quit for a week or two but aren't enough to make us quit for good imo. Getting married, account getting banned, general boredom, anything irl that makes you simply to busy are things that could make you quit for good.

Something I used to do at nights was take my hw and do a page or two of reading or a couple math problems between each ally queue. If I felt like I got enough done I would queue up. If I didn't I'd drop queue and try again. Depending on how busy college gets I don't see myself quitting for good for awhile however I am playing less and quitting by definition of the OP and many other people who's "quit" in the last 2 weeks.

tl;dr: uninstalling wow doesn't mean you are quitting. Takes 10s to uninstall and like 3 hours to reinstall. You wanna quit you need a reason good enough to stay true all the times you think in your head if you should play it again

The only way to quit is natural boredom. WoW is only masking some other problem. It's that problem that needs to be solved--quit WoW and the problem is still there.

TLDR: WoW is the symptom not the cause.

Wrong.

Well, at least for me. In my case WoW WAS the cause. I have a very addictive personality, and stopping playing altogether is the only way for me to not play excessively. I am already noticing much more kind of.. awareness and feeling of reality after quitting video games altogether for just the past day. Staring at a screen for hours continuously can't do anyone any good.

I look forward to spending more time in the real world than in WoW (which began to BECOME my life, or at least a large part of where I acquired a sense of achievement and other emotions which I'm sure should come from other sources than a video game in order to be healthy).

inc "cool story bro"
jus tellin da strait hard troof n nuffin but the troof

Wrong.

Well, at least for me. In my case WoW WAS the cause. I have a very addictive personality, and stopping playing altogether is the only way for me to not play excessively. I am already noticing much more kind of.. awareness and feeling of reality after quitting video games altogether for just the past day. Staring at a screen for hours continuously can't do anyone any good.

I look forward to spending more time in the real world than in WoW (which began to BECOME my life, or at least a large part of where I acquired a sense of achievement and other emotions which I'm sure should come from other sources than a video game in order to be healthy).

inc "cool story bro"
jus tellin da strait hard troof n nuffin but the troof

Presumably--in this case, "a very addictive personality" is the cause. If this is correct, and you want to quit WoW you can use it to your advantage. Specifically you can become highly addicted to whatever it is you want to be "spending more time in the real world" for. This is the key.

World of Warcraft Goodbye Blue Sky - YouTube

Presumably--in this case, "a very addictive personality" is the cause.[/URL]

Yes and the solution was to quit cold turkey. I'm sure other people will have different solutions and can moderate their game time.

I however, can't.

:)

*watched your videos man ages ago, inspired me to make a mage haha they were sick. no moar barrage crits for me QQ. Got WoW cravings just googling that spell name and seeing the icon on wowhead. Goes to show how addicted I am/was :L

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, WoW saves me money. If I'm not going home after work and logging on, then the chances are VERY good that I'll be sitting at the bar all night throwing my money away.

Users who are viewing this thread