EU+US Buffs coming to 79s

Plate also gives up secondaries to get the proc, but at least it's a strong proc. I can see it working on a fury warrior or frost DK who will probably be able to trigger it more reliably.
I've done some comparisons and sims for the set bonusses and it's fairly interesting.

Doomplate 4-set is actually a valid option for PvE. Turns out you don't lose -that- many stats (dropping 44 haste but gaining ~25 crit) It has good uptime when you can constantly hit someone for several minutes straight. Too bad that Plate DPS are garbage atm for raiding.

Might be alright for PvP because it adds a bunch of stamina as well which can help. I don't see Plate classes having uptime on many things though.

Wastewalker 4-set is really good all around. Probably not so great for specs like Sub where you're not really spamming damage into people, but for a spec like Assa it should be easily better, because you don't really care about -when- the proc happens, as long as it happens.

Mana-Etched 4-set is just bad. 2-set is good though, but we already knew that. 2-set is good for everyone, with only a few exceptions. Frost Mage is one of those. When you're fully geared as lvl70, you'll have way too much crit already and the set bonus simply isn't good.

Desolation is pmuch the same thing as Wastewalker. Good for all Mail specs I'd say, they're all about just spamming damage until something drops.

Mana-Etched 4-set is just bad. 2-set is good though, but we already knew that. 2-set is good for everyone, with only a few exceptions. Frost Mage is one of those. When you're fully geared as lvl70, you'll have way too much crit already and the set bonus simply isn't good.

It's also worth keeping in mind that most cloth twinks will be using the Wrath of Spellfire set - which would lock you into using the Mana-etched head and shoulders, and the head is very bad compared to the non-set alternatives.

It's also worth keeping in mind that most cloth twinks will be using the Wrath of Spellfire set - which would lock you into using the Mana-etched head and shoulders, and the head is very bad compared to the non-set alternatives.
I don't think spellfire is good for casters other than Mage, and if you're playing Mage you're playing Frost, and Frost is skipping the 2-set, so it doesn't end up mattering :p

Also I forgot to mention that the 4-sets lose a lot of stamina for Leather (and Mail? haven't checked stamina on that) which definitely matters for Rogues for example. Rogues are really vulnerable and need a decent amount of health so they don't get globalled by casters now that they don't have Cloak.

I don't think spellfire is good for casters other than Mage, and if you're playing Mage you're playing Frost, and Frost is skipping the 2-set, so it doesn't end up mattering :p

Also I forgot to mention that the 4-sets lose a lot of stamina for Leather (and Mail? haven't checked stamina on that) which definitely matters for Rogues for example. Rogues are really vulnerable and need a decent amount of health so they don't get globalled by casters now that they don't have Cloak.

Spellfire is great on any cloth dps imo. Of course if you dislike having low stamina, then you'll forgo it.

The mail set is very well itemised on all fronts, I doubt you'll lose anything. I did a quick comparison of Desolation pieces vs SWP mail gear, and Desolation seems to be equivalent or better for main stat, stamina and secondaries, not to mention the proc being icing on the cake. The offset pants from Old Hillsbrad last boss are also superb.

Can't speak for leather since I haven't looked into those at 70.

Lol, with all this dungeon gear they'll be using it seems like 70 players may as well be 79s
I was on my 90 monk on stormscale when you wrote this and the whole sever had a minutes silence... 'Cept the rogues, they couldn't count to 60 :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread