EU+US Buffs coming to 79s

All scaled rares +4 item levels
All scaled epics +9 item levels

I for one am grateful. It was already hard enough to 1v1 the 70s. With this help, maybe I'll finally have the edge over my opponents.

https://imgur.com/a/NyaFfh1

Hit me up OiledBorisJohson#2927 for 1v1s.

Can actually hear stormscale players creating healers as we speak... Listen carefully, hear it?

So relatively speaking, this will make green quest rewards, and any crafted item, worse for 79s, while making ToC gear better, potentially giving us new BiS items. Let's see how this pans out, patch isn't out yet after all.

Phys dps may be looking for a new BiS cloak or ring, Aledar's Battlemace becomes even better, casters will be hard pressed to avoid the ToC dagger + Manual of the Tides, HoR/PoS/FoS may actually have some worthwhile items now.

I for one am grateful. It was already hard enough to 1v1 the 70s. With this help, maybe I'll finally have the edge over my opponents.

i dont know why i am not particularly excited .. its like these gears can be obtained by just anyone .. its only a matter of time, eventually everyone will be having the exact same gears .. like the current lvl19s lolol ..

Leveled my 79 shammy yesterday. Looks like, I will gear up later :D
Idk, my gear is scaling automatically on PTR so i'm hoping it will be applied like that to live... or i'm a sad panda.

@villiansv I just got lucky I guess. I made the characters on Benedictus if that helps.

@The Saint It's too late my dude stormscale premades already contain 2 healers, they would find it harder to get pops if they queue with more.
[doublepost=1548686643,1548686336][/doublepost]Inititally I thought so to, but then I checked the dungeon journal and trash items are generally still trash. Only good items have been made better. It's no secret that most scaled items are garbage and +4/9 ilvls doesnt change that. We're equipping the over-budgeted items on our twinks and we know it.
TLDR: Good pieces getting better, trash pieces staying trash.

So relatively speaking, this will make green quest rewards, and any crafted item, worse for 79s, while making ToC gear better, potentially giving us new BiS items. Let's see how this pans out, patch isn't out yet after all.

Phys dps may be looking for a new BiS cloak or ring, Aledar's Battlemace becomes even better, casters will be hard pressed to avoid the ToC dagger + Manual of the Tides, HoR/PoS/FoS may actually have some worthwhile items now.
[doublepost=1548686933][/doublepost]@villiansv https://imgur.com/rPcOMh4 sums up what I just said

How are people getting on PTR? Mine says servers are down. I'm US btw

All scaled rares +4 item levels
All scaled epics +9 item levels

https://imgur.com/a/NyaFfh1

Hit me up OiledBorisJohson#2927 for 1v1s.

Can you test if mana oil and weight/sharpening stones can be applied on the weapons? On live they can't be applied to items over 100ilvl, so that would somewhat offset the weapon ilvl increase.

It just occurred to me that if this buff goes through, socketed epic gear will reach a high enough ilvl that it can take cataclysm gems (requires ilvl 104), including the mastery gems.

It just occurred to me that if this buff goes through, socketed epic gear will reach a high enough ilvl that it can take cataclysm gems (requires ilvl 104), including the mastery gems.
To kinda add onto this tho, if your belt is ilvl 104+ AFTER patch hits, make sure you add on eternal belt buckle BEFORE or you'll miss out on that. Can't be applied to 104+

Not sure if that's relevant to any circumstance but you can never be too sure

ilvl changes
lvlDungeonlive normallive heroicptr normalptr heroic
70BC80778591
70wotlk80###91###
79BC997710391
79wotlk100###109###
some minor value changes on the items himself. Also socket bonus gets sometimes increased.

Source: ptr.wowhead.com

ilvl changes
70BC80778591
70wotlk80###91###
79BC997710391
79wotlk100###109###
some minor value changes on the items himself. Also socket bonus gets sometimes increased.

Small correction - it's not dependent on expansion but on whether the items are blue or purple. So a blue from the Nexus for a 79 is currently ilvl 99 and will be 103 post-patch. It's just that most (but not all) 79 WotLK gear comes from ToC, which is epic and thus 100 -->109.

I've been doing some research already (got to keep the guide updated) and 79s will have a new BiS shield from Pit of Saron, and offhand item from Halls of Reflection. I am not looking forward to farming HoR with its endless roleplay, and last "boss" there doesn't seem soloable... ugh.

ilvl changes
70BC80778591
70wotlk80###91###
79BC997710391
79wotlk100###109###

MGT heroic gives ilvl92 and Kael'thas gives ilvl93, by the way.

A few of the items are good, yes. Not as many as you'd think though.

I don't know about that. If you're a 70 mail class, you should be replacing about half of your gear with heroic TBC drops, if not more. Just about every class should strongly consider at least 2 pieces of their dungeon set for the bonus, some may also want the 4-set bonus.

Obviously you won't replace every SWP piece, but this change is way more disruptive to the 70 BiS lists than the 79 BiS lists.

I don't know about that. If you're a 70 mail class, you should be replacing about half of your gear with heroic TBC drops, if not more. Just about every class should strongly consider at least 2 pieces of their dungeon set for the bonus, some may also want the 4-set bonus.

Obviously you won't replace every SWP piece, but this change is way more disruptive to the 70 BiS lists than the 79 BiS lists.
Cloth users are going to be replacing 5 pieces (their 4-set sucks)
Ele Sham replaces 6
I know Rogue will be replacing 8, and that's one of the more extreme ones.
Plate Tanks (PvE) are the worst (or best, depending on how you look at it) with at least 10 pieces from dungeons.

I'm fully expecting people to use the Plate and Cloth 4-sets even though they're really bad.

I'm fully expecting people to use the Plate and Cloth 4-sets even though they're really bad.

Agreed on cloth, you give up too many secondaries for a weak proc.

Plate also gives up secondaries to get the proc, but at least it's a strong proc. I can see it working on a fury warrior or frost DK who will probably be able to trigger it more reliably.

Users who are viewing this thread