Brilliant Wizard Oil

they don't persist through death though, so kind of pointless imo, please correct me if i am wrong.

COD offer in OP no longer valid, found someone that has pretty much every enchanting recipe available.

VVeYmHh.jpg

wow great find!! this is probably one of the more rare recipes due it being removed what now 10 years ago?

Just wanted to point out that, each oil takes up 1 inventory slot. so the amount you can carry is quite limited.

Just FYI, they do not work on Artifact weps.

I am using a different kind of oil (a smaller one) on an artifact and the character sheet shows an increase in vers? Or are you saying Brilliant Wizard Oil specifically does not work?

Still seems to work on my ilvl 34 artifact but not my ilvl 23 artifact.
Which suggests the cutoff to use is still at ilvl 24 as DeLindsay posts earlier.
But sometimes my account just seems broken ... can anyone else confirm if this still works?

Just FYI, they do not work on Artifact weps.
Shit I guess I should have actually read this thread, didn't see the info about artifact level lol. I just saw it didn't work and thought "hey I should tell people before they invest tons of time/gold".
That being said, mine is still contradicting what other people are finding, which is odd.

Here was my test:
Using https://www.wowhead.com/item=128911/sharasdal-scepter-of-tides?bonus=0
Level 20 / iLvL 34 = NOPE (my message is not the same as Delindsey, it says "invalid target")

Last edited:
Could it be related to mh ilvl vs oh ilevel?

Shit I guess I should have actually read this thread, didn't see the info about artifact level lol. I just saw it didn't work and thought "hey I should tell people before they invest tons of time/gold".
That being said, mine is still contradicting what other people are finding, which is odd.

Here was my test:
Using https://www.wowhead.com/item=128911/sharasdal-scepter-of-tides?bonus=0
Level 20 / iLvL 34 = NOPE (my message is not the same as Delindsey, it says "invalid target")

Here's my guess since it's the shaman artifact.
Do you have Flametongue active on it?
If so try right-clicking that off before applying the oil.
Pretty sure the oil won't apply with another spell effect already on.
Though ofc it could be something completely different...

Efficient xpoff detectives :slight_smile:

@accel I was able to apply it to a 2H Str Mace, Agi Daggers & Wand so probably. I'm almost positive Ranged (Hunters) is a no but didn't test. Well, I'll be goddamned. It actually works on a Bow.
str weapon has the sharp or blunt stone, does the oil works on top of the stone ? meaning can both be applied to the weapon ? if it does, having additional secondary stats from the oil is not bad

str weapon has the sharp or blunt stone, does the oil works on top of the stone ? meaning can both be applied to the weapon ? if it does, having additional secondary stats from the oil is not bad
I didn't try that, but did confirm that Rogue's Poison isn't removed when you apply this.

It was stated above that the effect does not persist through death.

I have applied the oil to the Titanstrike artifact and jumped off a cliff.

Upon resurrection, the effect was still there, so now I'm confused.

Does it disappear if you die in a BG?

EDIT: My bad, the persist through death was about Greater Arcane Elixir and Elixir of Greater Firepower.

Last edited:
It was stated above that the effect does not persist through death.

I have applied the oil to the Titanstrike artifact and jumped off a cliff.

Upon resurrection, the effect was still there, so now I'm confused.

Does it disappear if you die in a BG?

EDIT: My bad, the persist through death was about Greater Arcane Elixir and Elixir of Greater Firepower.

Thank you for sacrificing yourself for science though.

Users who are viewing this thread