Bracket Managers Explained More Clearly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yde

Worg
First. What you are doing amounts to bullying. Think twice about the rest of your actions today or your righteous revolution will only result in the execution of a ban.

Second.
There seems to be a misunderstanding on what a BM is and is not. I will list the requirements for you.

Requirements

1. [*=1]Play in the bracket enough to be sufficiently interested enough to endure reading most the daily posts.
    [*=1]Can be trusted to be fair, mostly unbiased, aware of the CoC and able to follow and enforce them.
    [*=1]Be attentive and intelligent enough to notice and understand the application process and apply when there is an opening.
    [*=1]Can be trusted with limited moderation access to their bracket.

Not Requirements

1. [*=1]Be some sort of king of the bracket / veteran.
    [*=1]Skill in game. This is not a GM. This is not someone to manage your Bracket in game. This is a forum.

Disqualifying factors

1. [*=1]Someone who wants the position because they feel it is a distinction as king of the bracket.
    [*=1]Cannot be trusted with moderation access to the site, however limited
    [*=1]Does not apply for the position.

People who failed to demonstrate an understanding of discretion, tact and integrity are not going to be trusted with any access to the site moderation.

Vote your bracket emperors in-game. Leave the current BMs, who are essentially section moderators with restricted access to disciplinary measures alone. Do not confuse them with iconic leaders. Try to appreciate the work that they do.

All BMs have so far followed the job description to the letter. If you have any criticism concerning the BMs, that de facto constitutes criticism towards the job description, not the BM. That is perfectly acceptable of course. The setting in which to express that criticism is, however, not the general bracket forum. The only acceptable way would be to contact the administrative staff.

Unlike the Administrators and Moderators, who may not actually play in your bracket, Bracket Managers are part of their particular bracket's community. You can see who's who over here: View Forum Leaders :)

They're users with a great track record of being helpful. They post with their own opinions on things, but also keeping a look out for problematic content, disrespectful arguments, etc. Bracket Managers have the following responsibilities and abilities:
  • Locking threads until a moderator can take a look.
  • Editing threads that have content that breaks the CoC. They may report the thread prior to editing it if the perpetrator's account needs further action (warning, infraction, ban).
  • Helping out in their particular bracket by posting to keep things on track.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps u should include a link in this thread to the application shiz? That way u are openly inviting anyone who feels they are more capable to apply, which will cut down 99% of the people giving stavie grief as they are to lazy to apply in the first place

Heh, and i was actually thinkin about trying to represent the eu bracket.
I think we all understood these rules, we arent retards.. i still think we're right about the whole Stavie situation and i hope you ppl r smart enough to understand why the eu community acted like this

here's an idea: remove bracket managers.... why get bracket managers if some of them barely play the bracket anyways? what's the point of makin some1 like that a bracket manager?
why not just remove it and just get Moderators?

I also think a BM should be a frequent member of the bracket, sneaky qued 19s everyday on multiple twink classes and had a really great understanding of the bracket, I have not however seen stavie do a bad job yet

The bracket managers are more like bracket garbage men, cleaning up our shit and not being thanked for it. As long as they do it in a relatively unbiased manner, why should you care who does it?

I can easily be one of the more offensive/trollish posters in this forum, and have no complaints to speak of regarding the bracket manager in question. It's about time that you overly-sensitive EUers take responsibility for your own actions and mind your business.

wtf am i reading people? stevie is a guy moderating a forum, just happens the title is BM. truth is he's done something that some people,dont agree with. if it wasn't for that none of you would care.

seem you're trying to bully the admin(s) into geting rid of a guy that's done nothing wrong.

They "Care" because they seek the ranking for an alternative motive most likely...

Out of the blue a random thread pops up attacking BM's then they recommend new BM's, you had your chance to apply for the position like everyone else you guys are simply doing this because you have a personal issue/opinion towards the BM's ... So predictable

Maybe i didnt feel like applyin at the time?
also u dont hav to keep quoting me tryin to prove shit, just bcuz i had my doubts about stavie bein a BM and so did alot of other eu ppl

BMs do not represent. What about this is so hard to understand?

Dorigon I love you, but I'm like capped. :(

There was an application window. It was clearly advertised, there were several News Items warning people of the application window closing, so everyone could submit.

If you do not feel like applying at the time, you are not committed at the time.

I do not walk into a hospital on a wednesday and announce: "I am an amazing surgeon. Replace the current surgeon with me immediately."

Please don't do it either.

This is ridiculous. First I was frustrated at people ruining my CtA, but this is so ludicrous it has passed annoying and crossed over into the realm of amusement.

why does he even need to be a 19 to delete flame posts? that's basically what his job is.

why not have idc and stevie? its not like both can be online 24/7.

Bracket managers dont represent? then what was up with the whole pizza situation when he was a BM ?
ppl didnt want a gy farmer to represent their bracket isnt that why he got dropped out of it?

Bracket managers dont represent? then what was up with the whole pizza situation when he was a BM ?
ppl didnt want a gy farmer to represent their bracket isnt that why he got dropped out of it?

i dont think yde was admin then.

why does he even need to be a 19 to delete flame posts? that's basically what his job is.

why not have idc and stevie? its not like both can be online 24/7.

At the moment dartofblue is also BM, so no I don't think we need another one :p Let's see how much trash we'll get ^^

Requirements

1. [*=1]Play in the bracket enough to be sufficiently interested enough to endure reading most the daily posts.
    [*=1]Can be trusted to be fair, mostly unbiased, aware of the CoC and able to follow and enforce them.
    [*=1]Be attentive and intelligent enough to notice and understand the application process and apply when there is an opening.
    [*=1]Can be trusted with limited moderation access to their bracket.

Before I even read the rest of the thread. Stavie fits these very well. Done. I'm glad you uploaded this clarification as I was getting the wrong impression of the role of a bracket manager entirely :s

Keep on truckin' Stavie! ^^

it seems vianco has started a shitstorm of threads to do with bms :D

imo i agree with idc, stavie does a good job but isnt really 19 bracket BM material but clearly we cant change that so will have to make do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread