Bored outta my mind, lets do something

Aelobin

DK Twink (80 / 85 / 101)
I really am struggling to find fun things to do on my 80 twink nowadays (probably because most stuff has been soloed). As much as I enjoyed the cross-realm 25man raids, they're too much of a hassle to organise and killing bosses in ~20 seconds would become boring rather fast.

Would anyone be interested in doing something (aka raids) on a regular basis (every 1-2 weeks) on horde side? Here's a few ideas:
- Gear Appropriate Raids: Do raids in the gear you would have used back in WotLK (or maybe a tier lower to compensate for class/talent changes)
- "How Far Can We Get": Set a bunch of rules (like only ilvl 200 gear that you can get without raiding, or only WotLK blue items) and see how far we can progress through 10man raids starting from the beginning
- 10man team raiding 25man content: Exactly what it says on the tin. Using any gear, see how much of the 25man content we can clear as a raid of 10 people (probably all of it tbh)
- Homemade Hardmodes / Custom Achievements: Think of any crazy challenges to make killing the bosses more interesting (and then do it!)
- Single class/role raids: Like the 80 Mage raid I did a while back. Harder to find people though (and unfair on classes that aren't included).
- Sha of Anger: If we could find enough 80s (which is doubtful) then it would be amazing to give this a proper try. Would have to be only melee dps though due to hit/miss mechanics.

Most of these would only work if we could pull together 8-10 reliable, skilled and motivated twinks. I'd even be tempted to restart Legacy if we managed to find enough decent people who felt they wanted to be part of a guild instead of just raiding via cross-realm.

Anyways, post if anything on that list takes your interest or if you have some ideas of your own to share.

PvP's boring on 80's. It's whoever gets the first shot off wins.

Gear appropriate raids won't work because baseline damage (or how it scales is overtuned)

There was a guild that went 8/12 in ICC (I think) in only ilevel 200 gear during Wrath. I think doing max progression in Herald Gear could be fun. Once you down H LK 25, drop it down to 213 then 200 etc, until you hit a gearcheck wall.

If we can find the right setup (and if the "bug" doesn't get fixed), I'd be willing to organise a level 80 raid to Dragon Soul 10man (or another lvl 85 raid).

But to do this we're gonna need a full 10 man raid, including 2 fully avoidance capped tanks (124% dodge+parry, I think only DKs can reach this) and at least 1 (maybe 2) disc priests.

If we can find the right setup (and if the "bug" doesn't get fixed), I'd be willing to organise a level 80 raid to Dragon Soul 10man (or another lvl 85 raid).

But to do this we're gonna need a full 10 man raid, including 2 fully avoidance capped tanks (124% dodge+parry, I think only DKs can reach this) and at least 1 (maybe 2) disc priests.

Not convinced avoidance cap is necessary, I had as much fun in my usual gear.

Also, we need to 3man herald.

Not convinced avoidance cap is necessary, I had as much fun in my usual gear.

Also, we need to 3man herald.

Maybe not as a pally since your absorb scales with vengeance ._. Still though, I'd rather there wasn't a prot pally in the group if they can't control that bug and ended up doing millions of dps :p

And yeh, find me a disc priest dammit.

Double posting to let people know I'm looking at trying to pull together a raid to DS/FL/T11 on 80s for this on Saturday afternoon/evening. It'll only happen if we can find enough people for a full 10man raid and if we can get the right setup (2 avoidance capped tanks, 2-3 healers 1 of which is a disc priest, and dps who are prepared to reforge for hit/exp). Ofc it relies on the "bug" still working too.

Double posting to let people know I'm looking at trying to pull together a raid to DS/FL/T11 on 80s for this on Saturday afternoon/evening. It'll only happen if we can find enough people for a full 10man raid and if we can get the right setup (2 avoidance capped tanks, 2-3 healers 1 of which is a disc priest, and dps who are prepared to reforge for hit/exp). Ofc it relies on the "bug" still working too.

Count me in! I'll be the resto shaman for an extra 10% hp which we'll surely need.

Sign-up page for anyone who's interested in the 80s vs 85 content raid on Saturday: OpenRaid - 80 raid to 85 content

I can't promise anyone a spot yet (will decide when people have had a chance to sign). They'll probably be prioritised to guildies and then based on class/gear.

This will be very challenging as most the damage will (nearly) 1-shot us, so please read the description and do what it asks!

The 277 tank leg with 3 sockets can provide higher avoidance than 308

They are indeed, well spotted.

Some rough avoidance stat weights for a DK in case anyone is interested: str = 113.3, dodge = 97.4, parry = 63.6. Those are whilst already having high levels of avoidance (calculated in my current gear)

Users who are viewing this thread