BoA Tab

https://twitter.com/Rygarius/status/480048337266425856

Heirloom Vendor Change in Patch 6.0.2 - Forums - World of Warcraft

With the upcoming release of Patch 6.0.2, we’ll be sending the vendors who sell Heirlooms for Justice Points on a nice vacation.

As you might already be aware, both Justice and Valor Points are being removed as currencies from the game in 6.0.2. As we started to work on new ways to buy Heirlooms, we found that we were setting their value up for a rollercoaster ride. That's because we’re also working on a larger Heirloom system for a future patch, and we don’t want to introduce an interim pricing scheme that could temporarily devalue Heirlooms or limit how we’d be able to give them out in the future. Rather than make players face buyer’s remorse and hand-wringing decisions about when to buy, we’re going to give the Justice Heirloom vendors some time off while we work on improving the system as a whole.

One thing to note is that this change only affects vendors that sell Heirlooms for Justice. PvE Heirlooms will still remain available at the Darkmoon Faire and the Trial of the Crusader, and PvP Heirlooms will continue to be available for Honor.

They're just taking a short break from being obtainable by Justice right now until we implement a more holistic system in a future patch.

And a bunch of other stuff that seems abit redundant to quote. 6.1 or later we'll see the boa tab. Or possibly never, dance studio anyone?

"...while we work on the Hierloom collection feature for a future patch."

Patch 6.0.2 - Survival Guide - YouTube

EDIT: time URL doesn't seem to work use

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsjBrL5qw4U#t=282

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really care if it's the P2P ones or the trial ones. I just don't want to have to farm DMF for them on new toons. I don't think that's an unpopular opinion.

This

I just hope Blizz doesn't screw us over by deciding to keep the BOA tab a P2P-only feature (like Battle Pets)...

This

I just hope Blizz doesn't screw us over by deciding to keep the BOA tab a P2P-only feature (like Battle Pets)...

Would it really be screwing us over by not giving us something we already don't have? It wouldn't pose any advantage for P2Ps other than saving them having to mail stuff back and forth, and we've learned to live with gearing each toon. I think it's important to keep in mind that not giving someone something extra and taking something away from them are not the same thing.

Wowpedia

http://wowpedia.org/Heirlooms_tab

300px-Heirloom_interface_preview.jpg

Heirloom tab preview and misc. information.

The interface will allow players to 'summon' any unlocked heirloom directly into the inventory of the current character, removing the need for storage in the inventory and mailing between characters.

Current information suggests it will be possible to summon any given heirloom for each character, removing the need to purchase multiples.

All existing heirlooms will be listed, with those not yet collected by the player greyed-out.

The number of heirlooms collected will be displayed, as well as the total number of heirlooms to collect.

Players will be able to sort by class and possibly specialization. The collection will also feature a search box.

PvP items will be marked as such.

Twitter

https://twitter.com/Rygarius/status/480048337266425856

KC Campbell ‏@kc414fm Jun 20
@Rygarius Question with the heirloom tab do we need to buy 2 heirloom daggers to equip both? Or just 1 gives your toon access to the weapon?
>>>>
Rygarius CoffeeBird
‏@Rygarius
@kc414fm Sad #CoffeeBird to inform you that Heirlooms tab is something we'd like to do but it will likely not make it in for 6.0.1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds sweet. This would be nice but totally not needed. Farming gear on twinks is much easier than doing arena every week. Asking for a partner can be tedious as fawk sometimes.

The loom tab is exactly the same thing than the toy tab, f2p have the toy tab.

Both tabs give f2p access to items (via a linked p2p) that they can't access (high level toys, extra looms).

The loom tab is exactly the same thing than the toy tab, f2p have the toy tab.

Both tabs give f2p access to items (via a linked p2p) that they can't access (high level toys, extra looms).

We've actually discussed this at length many months ago, but just to recap, keep in mind that everything in the mount tab, pet tab, and toy tab is coded as a spell now, not an object. Heirlooms are actual pieces of gear that you put in your character slots. Thus, the actual mechanism for a BoA tab would have to be different from the other three tabs. Therefore the fact that we have access to those tabs is not evidence that we'd have access to a BoA tab.

Users who are viewing this thread