Blizz Forum Police, since when?

I love how this entire Thread is dripping with irony. It started with my title, as in since when did Blizzard start caring what Players write on the forums. Was it when WoD lost more Subscribers than any Expansion in the history of WoW? Was it when Paragon decided enough was enough, that End Game was no longer any challenge? Maybe it was the scathing reviews of WoD from Professionals and Players alike, especially directed at Garrisons.

Then we have the Posters commenting on this Thread. Of those that responded talking about how childish my Forum comment was, how nonconstructive, abusive and foolish, many of you are the very same ones that spout some of the worst filth I've ever seen on this site and TI. At least a few times a week there is a poisonous Thread where 2 or more posters do their 12yr old best to tear the other down using all manner of profanity, name calling, threats of DDoS, etc. If we are to inform others how to act, maybe we should look in the mirror first, I'm certainly guilty of that.

Irony is taking Umbrage with a comment someone else made and chastising them for it all the while you yourself have written several, similar or even worse, comments before and specifically targeting certain Players on this very site of which we aspire to all be the same, that is a Twink in World of Warcraft. In the end I'll regain my Official Forum privileges and probably post something else in the future, of my own opinion and from my own passion for the game, that gets me in trouble with Blizzard and I'll move on from that Ban as well.

Lastly, a few of you made comments in an attempt to appeal to my humanity, to reach something within for me to realize how I could've written the exact same thing but worded it differently and gotten possibly a positive response. While I appreciate the effort that wasn't the point of this thread. I know I could've worded it differently. I know my comment was inflammatory. I know my comment was made out of disgruntled passion for the game I've sunk ~9 years into. I was merely curious as to when Blizzard started giving a crap what Players said on the forums, as in my past I've never had anyone from Blizzard even care to say something to me about any post I've made, that's it.

I was merely curious as to when Blizzard started giving a crap what Players said on the forums, as in my past I've never had anyone from Blizzard even care to say something to me about any post I've made, that's it.

They've always cared. My original forum account got perma banned in 2005 when I told someone to drink Cyanide because I didn't agree with their opinion. If you've gotten away with vitriol before on the official forums, consider yourself lucky. It usually takes a post being reported for anyone to see it and slap you for it.

Yes, I am responsible for saying hurtful, mean things to other players, even on these very forums. Hell, I think I said something just hours ago that was insensitive to RPers. I'm not perfect and my posts here don't hinge on perfection for the truth they contain. I'm flawed, just like you.

This time, I wanted to be different and helpful.

Last edited:
I was merely curious as to when Blizzard started giving a crap what Players said on the forums, as in my past I've never had anyone from Blizzard even care to say something to me about any post I've made, that's it.

Your experience in the official WoW forums differs wildly from mine. I've seen countless threads deleted and bans given out for bad behavior from XP-off players. Conversely, I watched Eldacar ascend from talented poster to a well-deserved MVP poster. His posts explaining the resilience stat were so good, they remained stickied for a couple of years.

With that said, there are low-drama times when it looks like Blizzard does an awful job paying attention to anything that comes out of the forums, but some of the more minute stuff Blizzard has fixed leads me to believe Blizzard pays more attention than people give them credit for.

@willix Fair point.

@Kirise It's entirely possible that what I thought of as my old Forum posts being negative and inflammatory were actually much more tame than others, or maybe it's as someone else commented that Blizz has just ignored me until now.

Users who are viewing this thread